Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is one thing I don't understand about trades. Does Rodgers have to agree to the trade before it can happen?

I could be wrong but I just have a feeling that Rodgers will be back. Don't know why, but I do.

He doesn't have a no trade clause BUT he holds the power to say nah...I'll just retire. So IF any trade occurs Rodgers will be well aware and no doubt thumbs up or thumbs down the team he is going to.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't have a no trade clause BUT he holds the power to say nah...I'll just retire. So IF any trade occurs Rodgers will be well aware and no doubt thumbs up or thumbs down the team he is going to.
Yeah I don't see this being a problem between Rodgers and the FO.

I really don't think he'll retire, even after his "four days of darkness retreat, hallucinations optional" upcoming sabbatical. I'm leaning toward a trade to the Jets, or more likely the Raiders, maybe the Titans. IMO that's best for all. And I'd have no problem if he returns to GB, other than the problem it creates with Love.

The drama will end soon, one way or another.

D

Deleted member 6794

Look you can believe whatever you'd like, as I said I heard it way before I ever heard it from Andrew Brandt. I know what I believe and I dont really care if you do. If you'd like to know the truth then the burden of proof is on you because I already know. If youd like to just keep believing what you think while ignoring the facts, go for it.

You haven't been able to provide any facts despite me asking for it on several occasions though.

It's truly annoying that we currently live in a world in which someone who is asked to back up their claim is getting defensive about it instead providing some meaningful information that would change someone else's opinion. If that happens I prefer to not put any stock into such claims as I consider them to be hot air in most cases.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is one thing I don't understand about trades. Does Rodgers have to agree to the trade before it can happen?

I could be wrong but I just have a feeling that Rodgers will be back. Don't know why, but I do.
My understanding is he can only veto a trade by calling it quits. In which case he forfeits money owed to him. Just can't see that happening but I guess he could put on his hippie hat.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if a trade were to happen it would be to a place Rodgers wants to play and that will be done by both sides. I don't think GB is going to work hard to trade him to a place he doesn't want to be.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You haven't been able to provide any facts despite me asking for it on several occasions though.

It's truly annoying that we currently live in a world in which someone who is asked to back up their claim is getting defensive about it instead providing some meaningful information that would change someone else's opinion. If that happens I prefer to not put any stock into such claims as I consider them to be hot air in most cases.
What about alternative facts?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about alternative facts?
Interesting that you say that. It's like statistics. They do mean something, yet, they don't at the same time. They're a barometer of what exists, but not necessarily the reality. In football, stats, although important, don't always offer a true perspective of the reality that actually plays out on the field.

As an example. A running back who could be a devastating runner, who plays on a team with a horrible offensive line, and a QB who nobody respects, so the defense can load up against the run, is not going to be nearly as successful on his team as he would be with a team with a superb line, and a QB who can make key passes, reads defenses, and forces the opposition to respect the pass so much that there are gaps left for your running game.

As I said. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. I don't consider that alternate facts. I call it reality. But, who am I to quibble over terminology?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes in this instance he does because his contract includes a no trade clause

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
will this stop the no trade clause questions?

Even though he doesn’t have a no-trade clause, he made the 100-percent dead-on balls accurate observation last week with McAfee and company that no team for which he doesn’t want to play will be trading for him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My understanding is he can only veto a trade by calling it quits. In which case he forfeits money owed to him. Just can't see that happening but I guess he could put on his hippie hat.
He'll figure it out in his four days of darkness. I'm really tired of his shtick. It's just time for him to go somewhere else. A totally dark house for four days is a good start. A little ironic too........ "in the dark".

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll figure it out in his four days of darkness. I'm really tired of his shtick. It's just time for him to go somewhere else. A totally dark house for four days is a good start. A little ironic too........ "in the dark".
So - just spit ballin here but - if Rodgers gets all hopped up on whatever it is he takes and contemplates his navel in the dark, freaks out, calls an Uber but has an unfortunate accident trying to get out of the Dark House - what happens to our cap?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of hate for our quarterback being thrown around here, and it seems to have been festering for awhile. I wonder if that would be the case if Rodgers had delivered us another Super Bowl or two? I get the impression a lot of it comes from the team not being able to get over the hump since 2010.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. turn it off, seriously. Talk about how that would be worthless, debate why someone cutting off sensory input is bad for a decision making process. Discuss how cutting off from the world and turning inward with 100% focus is bad for a man. talk about that. Let us all know why it's so wrong or a waste of time. But to tune in and then complain that you're so tired of it, why?

People arrive at big life decisions in all sorts of ways. Some talk with family members, some with friends, some go to a bar and wake up hung over and say "**** it" i'm doing this. Some meditate, some pray, some take a vacation, some take 1 day, some debate in their mind for 1.5 years months before they buy a new truck. Considering most people can't turn their phone off for 4 hours without a high degree of anxiety these days, it's not surprising they're having the reaction they are to hearing someone is doing something like this.

it's not something I'd do. But I have done more extreme in terms of diet type stuff just to prove I can do it, to myself. We live in a time of so much excess and availability I happen to think most people would benefit from a little restriction once and a while and if you're not going to do it yourself, it likely won't happen in America.

But that's just the "apologist" in me

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. turn it off, seriously. Talk about how that would be worthless, debate why someone cutting off sensory input is bad for a decision making process. Discuss how cutting off from the world and turning inward with 100% focus is bad for a man. talk about that. Let us all know why it's so wrong or a waste of time. But to tune in and then complain that you're so tired of it, why?

People arrive at big life decisions in all sorts of ways. Some talk with family members, some with friends, some go to a bar and wake up hung over and say "**** it" i'm doing this. Some meditate, some pray, some take a vacation, some take 1 day, some debate in their mind for 1.5 years months before they buy a new truck. Considering most people can't turn their phone off for 4 hours without a high degree of anxiety these days, it's not surprising they're having the reaction they are to hearing someone is doing something like this.

it's not something I'd do. But I have done more extreme in terms of diet type stuff just to prove I can do it, to myself. We live in a time of so much excess and availability I happen to think most people would benefit from a little restriction once and a while and if you're not going to do it yourself, it likely won't happen in America.

But that's just the "apologist" in me
I don't think you're being an apologist for Rodgers. If you've been called that it wasn't by me. And I agree that people have every right to go about their lives in whatever manner they choose.

IMO, Rodgers does this stuff to appease his ego. On the Macafee show, he had his new, shiny golf trophy next to him. He talks about winning another MVP, not another SB. Now he makes a big deal about sitting in the darkness for four days, after previously detailing his experiences with hallucinogens in Peru.

So my point, and my opinion, is that I don't care about any of this, especially when he is doing it to call attention to himself.

Pat Mahomes won his second MVP last night and talks about winning championships. Rodgers will sit in the dark and visualize his next MVP. Let him do it with another team, in another state, or preferably, in another country. Just me and just my opinion - I'm just sick of this guy. Maybe I'm the only one.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you're being an apologist for Rodgers. If you've been called that it wasn't by me. And I agree that people have every right to go about their lives in whatever manner they choose.

IMO, Rodgers does this stuff to appease his ego. On the Macafee show, he had his new, shiny golf trophy next to him. He talks about winning another MVP, not another SB. Now he makes a big deal about sitting in the darkness for four days, after previously detailing his experiences with hallucinogens in Peru.

So my point, and my opinion, is that I don't care about any of this, especially when he is doing it to call attention to himself.

Pat Mahomes won his second MVP last night and talks about winning championships. Rodgers will sit in the dark and visualize his next MVP. Let him do it with another team, in another state, or preferably, in another country. Just me and just my opinion - I'm just sick of this guy. Maybe I'm the only one.
But if you didn't tune in to see or pay attention to the noise created by talking heads who get paid to illicit responses from fans to keep them engaged, would you be sick of the guy?

He doesn't have press conferences, he goes on a show with friends and they ask him questions. You don't have to know the answers if you don't want to :)

Mahomes is a great young QB. lets see what he says in 15 more years when there are rumors the team could move on from him and if he thinks he still has what it takes to keep playing or what he can do to help another team.

But for right now? He's a young gun who plays another game this weekend for the championship, not a QB near the end being asked if he can still play well and what can he bring to a team.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if you didn't tune in to see or pay attention to the noise created by talking heads who get paid to illicit responses from fans to keep them engaged, would you be sick of the guy?

He doesn't have press conferences, he goes on a show with friends and they ask him questions. You don't have to know the answers if you don't want to :)

Mahomes is a great young QB. lets see what he says in 15 more years when there are rumors the team could move on from him and if he thinks he still has what it takes to keep playing or what he can do to help another team.

But for right now? He's a young gun who plays another game this weekend for the championship, not a QB near the end being asked if he can still play well and what can he bring to a team.
That’s all good Mondio, got it. I’m still sick of Rodgers.

I try to avoid his silliness and admit on occasion he’s amusing. Liked when he talks about sitting with the ayahuasca plant. That must be a fascinating conversation. Or maybe they sit in silence.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is anywhere from the week after the SB to start of FA

Call it February 15th to March 15th. The over/under being March 1
Sounds about right. Gotta give a week for post-SB news/analysis/interviews. My guess is that the details of the trade are all done. A little "four days of darkness" head fake by head case Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

For someone who states that he doesn't care about any of this you surely seem to follow it closely for some reason.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said it before. Week after Sunday
So February 19th, or the following week, probably a Monday. Sounds right. I still think a trade has been worked out, just not sure where. Probably the Jets, more likely the Raiders. I don't think Rodgers would deal well with the scrutiny/criticism top athletes get in NYC. And LV has better weather, and Davante Adams.

Or he'll surprise at least me and stay in GB. I'm certain, like 99%, that he won't retire.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of hate for our quarterback being thrown around here, and it seems to have been festering for awhile. I wonder if that would be the case if Rodgers had delivered us another Super Bowl or two? I get the impression a lot of it comes from the team not being able to get over the hump since 2010.
I believe you have hit upon the truth here. IMO we wouldn't have been in the position to get anywhere near a SB in the first place since 2010 if it wasn't for him. Yes, now he can't do it all alone but I can't think of any QB that can. Even Brady needed good players (and some lucky bounces - e.g. the reason he won SB 49 was because of that INT at the goal line thrown by Wilson.) around him to win all those rings.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe you have hit upon the truth here. IMO we wouldn't have been in the position to get anywhere near a SB in the first place since 2010 if it wasn't for him. Yes, now he can't do it all alone but I can't think of any QB that can. Even Brady needed good players (and some lucky bounces - e.g. the reason he won SB 49 was because of that INT at the goal line thrown by Wilson.) around him to win all those rings.
With all respect, it takes more than luck to win 7 SBs. Although I do recall that INT Wilson threw at the goal line. That was a stupid play and a stupid call by Carroll/Wilson. Sometimes the ball bounces the right way.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all respect, it takes more than luck to win 7 SBs. Although I do recall that INT Wilson threw at the goal line. That was a stupid play and a stupid call by Carroll/Wilson. Sometimes the ball bounces the right way.

For one, It takes having elite level defenses or defenses that performed elite in the playoffs for sure that many times.

Reaction score
Sounds about right. Gotta give a week for post-SB news/analysis/interviews. My guess is that the details of the trade are all done. A little "four days of darkness" head fake by head case Rodgers.
Or possibly Picking which team?

Members online

Latest posts