Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If it really is about weapons on offense then how did they lead the league in scoring. Sometimes its about how you use what you have and MLF knows how to run this offense. Drafting a first round WR probably would not have made a difference in that NFC Champ game.

Maybe he'd like to go back to the days when he had a bunch of big names at wide receiver, he ran around and made plays off script all the time, and the offense was way worse.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In fact he said the locker room would talk about lack of weapons ...Even joke to stop using wr as a rb ( aka Ty montgomery)

Should have just had some of the posters here go talk to A-Rod about his perceived notion of having a lack of weapons and they could point out to him just how productive the offense was last year. ;) :whistling:

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it really is about weapons on offense then how did they lead the league in scoring. Sometimes its about how you use what you have and MLF knows how to run this offense. Drafting a first round WR probably would not have made a difference in that NFC Champ game.
Aaron’s Rodgers, Aaron Jones and Adams, after that the quality of the skill players on offense takes a massive tumble, I know people try not to believe that but, but the secondary players completely wilt and disappear against top notch defenses, they are all jags

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would another team want to deal with this Diva? He could really do some serious damage to a teams locker room no matter how good he is. As long as things are going good the teams stays together...ie. GB, but when things start to go bad there might be team disfunction to a level that's unrecoverable.

If AR returns to GB, things will be better as long as team is winning but I can't imagine what it will look like if they go on a serious losing streak.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron’s Rodgers, Aaron Jones and Adams, after that the quality of the skill players on offense takes a massive tumble, I know people try not to believe that but, but the secondary players completely wilt and disappear against top notch defenses, they are all jags

Ofc the quality drops after those 3. All three are at least top 5 at their positions, Rodgers and Adams arguably the best. I couldnt find the source, may add itr later if I find it, but Lazard and MVS, when compared to other #2s and #3s, hold up really well. They way people talk about these guys, it seems impossible but its true. MVS was the only player to not have any big mistake in the NFCCG. He was relly good.

Tonyan was the TE with the most TDs in the league, Lewis is the best blocking TE in the league, Jamaal is one of the best pass pro and pass catching RBs in the league, Packers had the best OL with the best LT and C plus an already Top5 , or Top 10 at worst, guard. All of that last season ofc but it hasnt changed much.

This narrative is so stupid and wrong. I dont know how people still believe this.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So never pulling a power move until now is something we should admire about a very well paid pro athlete. I honestly do not remember AR saying "get me some weapons". What I do remember is AR and the GB offense tying or taking the lead in the final few minutes of games only to see the defense give up winning scores. Seattle game between the 2 pt. conversion and the botched on side kick WTF. Arizona game after hitting my main man Jeff Janis the Packer defense was swiss cheese in O.T. The defense was embarrassed in the NFCC game vs. SF.
The defense should have been addressed again in last years draft instead of QB-RB-TE first 3 picks. If they wanted to do AR favors they improve the defense from year to year. Last years draft was on the FO. Taking guys to fill future spots on offense that would fit into MLF offense and not improving the defense. If you want somebody held accountable for that you have a point. 5 days ago AR was my favorite athlete. Well rounded individual, (Jeopardy) dated multiple famous hotties, made everyone around him on the offense better on my favorite team. I hope things get worked out because he is a hell of a QB, and I do not have to like him except for when he is on the field wearing the green and gold. I just hope they slow this down and if they have to trade him they get a ton back. Go Pack.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ofc the quality drops after those 3. All three are at least top 5 at their positions, Rodgers and Adams arguably the best. I couldnt find the source, may add itr later if I find it, but Lazard and MVS, when compared to other #2s and #3s, hold up really well. They way people talk about these guys, it seems impossible but its true. MVS was the only player to not have any big mistake in the NFCCG. He was relly good.

Tonyan was the TE with the most TDs in the league, Lewis is the best blocking TE in the league, Jamaal is one of the best pass pro and pass catching RBs in the league, Packers had the best OL with the best LT and C plus an already Top5 , or Top 10 at worst, guard. All of that last season ofc but it hasnt changed much.

This narrative is so stupid and wrong. I dont know how people still believe this.

it is pretty easy to believe facts, sorry you are offended by them. They are all jags without Rodgers, and anyone with half a brain knows it. Can they all make an occasional great play? Absolutely but consistency is what makes someone good and none of them are consistent. If Tonyan repeats his performance this year I will change my tune on him.

Look I am not saying they are the worst in the league, I am saying they are not good enough to get it done against top competition in the playoffs. We just needed a couple guys that are maybe 20% better than they are to even out against the rest of the top notch teams.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hilarious how some of the same people who call the media fake are believing everything negative about Rodgers right now because it fits what they want to believe.

I'm still trying to understand how anyone has enough information to really determine who is in the wrong here.

All I know for certain is this:

The Packers took Jordan Love. They had an eye on the future. Rodgers responded like a champion is supposed to respond to a situation like that. And now there's turmoil.

Could Rodgers finally be sticking it to the front office for picking Love and wanting to move off of him? Sure. Do I think it's even halfway plausible that Gute and company (or just Gute) is dug in on wanting to move on from Rodgers because he drafted *his* guy last year and Rodgers did what he didn't think he could do? Or is it even possible that someone within the Packers have leaked information to smear Rodgers so that they can have justification to move off of him? Especially when his stock is as high as it will ever be?

Honestly at this point, none of us know a damned thing. We can only speculate. And of course we will all have opinions on what we think is going on, but this whole butthurt crap of turning on the star quarterback based on reported stories, when he just got done winning the MVP is humorous to me.

It could turn out to be that Rodgers is the driving force behind every bit of it and that the Packers are innocent puppies, but right now, I'm not sure how anyone can say anything with absoluteness.

That's a fair point. If you are going listen to the anti Rodgers news you have to at least give credence to the anti Packers news too. The thing is I don't know that there really has been any anti Packers news. The only thing I have read that could be considered a negative is that Gute promised to trade him then didn't.

As far as making Rodgers look bad I think the only people who are taking the teams side are Packer fans who are fans of the team and don't think one player should be able to dictate terms to the level that reports have Aaron wanting. Most non Packer fans I have talked to think its the team that is looking bad and most of the national media seems to be on the side of the MVP. Outside of the Packer fans who are against Rodgers everyone else seems to be of the mind that Rodgers has earned the right to do whatever he wants.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q. A trade and a draft pick by the GB front office.

A. How did Favre and Rodgers end up on the Packers?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just gotta wonder why the hell Gute didn't do this year's draft last year? I mean, obviously you couldn't do player for player, but I mean this time he actually nailed it on the positions we needed.

Man, I swear plug this year's draft into last year and we are kicking Tampa Bay's butts and whomping their home field to bring home the Lombardi.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would another team want to deal with this Diva? He could really do some serious damage to a teams locker room no matter how good he is. As long as things are going good the teams stays together...ie. GB, but when things start to go bad there might be team disfunction to a level that's unrecoverable.
If AR returns to GB, things will be better as long as team is winning but I can't imagine what it will look like if they go on a serious losing streak.

Was Brett Favre a diva? Is Tom Brady? Michael Jordan? LeBron James? Etc these dudes are all divas... Bottom line, if Jordan Love is better than Aaron Rodgers then they shouldve traded him for 3 first round picks te Darren Waller and wr Henry Ruggs or whatever the best offer was...

The fact that they didn't tells me he's not ready in their opinion...when they pushed Favre out of town they believed Rodgers was better and they were right. Their failure was not being confident enough to take the vikings 3 first round picks and send him there without the one year jets hiatus.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
it is pretty easy to believe facts, sorry you are offended by them. They are all jags without Rodgers, and anyone with half a brain knows it. Can they all make an occasional great play? Absolutely but consistency is what makes someone good and none of them are consistent. If Tonyan repeats his performance this year I will change my tune on him.

Look I am not saying they are the worst in the league, I am saying they are not good enough to get it done against top competition in the playoffs. We just needed a couple guys that are maybe 20% better than they are to even out against the rest of the top notch teams.
If I have to read another post about Tonyan being a top 5 tight end I might lose my mind.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I have to read another post about Tonyan being a top 5 tight end I might lose my mind.

He is a top 5 te when Rodgers returns to the Packers haha I'd expect him to have a similar season to last year...would I want the Packers to sign him to a top 5 te money contract... absolutely not

So yeah I agree everyone but Adams and Jones are jags...Dillon and Amari Rodgers could/should be better than jags

@mondido Tonyan caught 52 of 59 targets

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What’s wrong with him? He blocks pretty well, he gets open and he makes pretty much every play they toss his way.

he’s not a WR playing TE like other big names and he pretty easily took over for Graham in production. I’d like to see target numbers because. Seems like he did it with fewer opportunities too. IMO, wherever one wants to rank him in the league, he’s exactly what I want in a TE.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought I wanted attention to the fact which seems to be lost.

AR wants an extension. He wants to play for us. He wants to end his career with us. The restructuring was all about extension, not money.

It's just us (Gute) who say otherwise. Are we really justified in villifacation of a player who WANTS to be here?

Get a grip, lads!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His genuine concern is that he might be released in 2022, one year earlier. We're worried about the future, no wonder he's too.

And I'm likely to bet he'll play to top level into his 40 in 2024.

It's a absolutely stupid gamble to take after his MVP performance last season.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonyan was the 4th most targeted Packer in '20. Had the 2nd most receptions, 3rd most rec yards, & 2nd most TD's. Only TE's in the league with more production were Kelce & Walker who were both their team's 1st or 2nd option.

Andrews, Hockenson, Thomas all had more targets similar receptions & yards but not nearly the catch, 1st down or TD efficiency.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Already a thread for this but ...

Well look I agree there are way too many posters here with anti-Rodgers glasses on, and I can tell you I have gotten into vehement arguments with them. I am more than willing to come to his defense where appropriate.

But unfortunately neither you, nor I, nor anyone else can say what Rodgers wants unless you have talked with him personally and heard those exact words.

I really hope we fix this situation and get him here for the remainder of his career, especially this year because I firmly believe we finally have a SB ready roster with him at QB. But nobody knows for sure what exactly Rodgers wants at this exact moment.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Too many people reading into the headlines rather than official statements. 12 has never been one to dispel rumors by going out of his way to talk to the media. I'm sure he's upset based on the little we have to go on, but lots of players can be unhappy about their contracts and go on to play.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is about money. If the Packers show Rodgers the money in a way that they can't dump him in a year this pissing match will be over.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This is about money. If the Packers show Rodgers the money in a way that they can't dump him in a year this pissing match will be over.
I kind of doubt that it has that much to do with money, more than it has to do with Rodgers feeling unappreciated. The guy has an ego stronger than his arm and its been bruised.

I actually think it will be his ego that won't allow himself to return to Green Bay.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of doubt that it has that much to do with money, more than it has to do with Rodgers feeling unappreciated. The guy has an ego stronger than his arm and its been bruised.

I actually think it will be his ego that won't allow himself to return to Green Bay.

It's definitely both...he feels disrespected by the front office and he has no guranteed money left on his contract meaning he's basically in a year to year team option situation. Also I'm sure he's not happy a lot of QBs who aren't as good as him are getting paid more

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have just had some of the posters here go talk to A-Rod about his perceived notion of having a lack of weapons and they could point out to him just how productive the offense was last year. ;) :whistling:
It's great to have a productive offense, but who won the Super Bowl? The team that had a defense that could shut down the top offense in the league (GB) and the most feared (KC).