Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It highly depends on what we do.

Yeah,. If we cave to his demands, whatever they are, he will be back. Since we don't know what those demands are its hard to say whether he will be back.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah,. If we cave to his demands, whatever they are, he will be back. Since we don't know what those demands are its hard to say whether he will be back.
His demands are no more Gute and an extension with more money. 5% chance he ever plays for us again, in my opinion

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Additionally, you also wouldn't release a statement saying that you're committed to moving forward with Rodgers like Gute did a short while ago.
Totally dysfunctional organization at this stage. Why this team jumped up in 1st round last year to take Love is beyond me and a whole bunch of fans as well as "experts". Bottom line is that they could have waited till this year when there was a good crop of QB's instead they "blew it". Organization needs a complete re-boot regardless of what Rodgers does or the team does.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally dysfunctional organization at this stage. Why this team jumped up in 1st round last year to take Love is beyond me and a whole bunch of fans as well as "experts". Bottom line is that they could have waited till this year when there was a good crop of QB's instead they "blew it". Organization needs a complete re-boot regardless of what Rodgers does or the team does.

1 mistake in the draft, by your account, makes the entire organization dysfunctional? What "good" QB could they have gotten this year? Certainly none that went in the first round and are any of those who went later any better than Love.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His demands are no more Gute and an extension with more money. 5% chance he ever plays for us again, in my opinion

I must have missed that interview or press conference. When exactly did Aaron say this?

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If that's what he's demanding he can retire. And he won't get the Jeopardy gig. That's going to Ken Jennings.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cant wait to see another QB go 13-3 with this offense. I’m betting they don’t.
What if we trade Rodgers even up for Brady?
Our luck we'd be his first stop where he'd fail to win the Super Bowl.
I'm surprised he's even allowed to fly, you'd think all his rings would weigh down the plane.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of doubt that it has that much to do with money, more than it has to do with Rodgers feeling unappreciated. The guy has an ego stronger than his arm and its been bruised.

I actually think it will be his ego that won't allow himself to return to Green Bay.

I agree about the unappreciated part but that ties into the money. Rodgers knew they could dump him after 2021 with little financial pain. That's what this is about. Appreciation to Rodgers means the Packers have no choice financially but to keep him into his 40's. Gutey wanted to keep his options open. Rodgers says I'm not down with that.

I totally understand each position but I think Rodgers is being a ****** because he's under a contract he willingly signed.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to know who's been talking to Adam Schefter, et al., look no further than who has been on the record since this trash came up on day 1 of the draft. Gutey and Mark Murphy--on the record. Aaron Rodgers--ghost interview with Mike Tirico.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree about the unappreciated part but that ties into the money. Rodgers knew they could dump him after 2021 with little financial pain.

Correct, but "money" in this situation isn't dollars and cents like most of us view it. Rodgers currency is feeling appreciated, secure and viewed as the best.

What is kind of sad/funny, if most of this is about Rodgers wanting job security and guarantees? He was the fricking MVP of the NFL in 2020, so he has both and he made it for himself. If the Packers decide to part ways with him before the end of his contract and he wants to keep playing, he will command big bucks from someone. If the Packers decide to keep him 3 more year, even potentially extending that, he has the same in Green Bay.

Feels like the game that he is "playing" right now is for the ability to say to everyone "See, I am THE man and everyone can now see just how important I am to the Packers. The Packers were wrong about drafting Love, as well as not telling the world how important I am by extending me." That is his ego wanting to be placated and in doing so, he is not acknowledging the needs of the team to do what is also best for them.

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct, but "money" in this situation isn't dollars and cents like most of us view it. Rodgers currency is feeling appreciated, secure and viewed as the best.

What is kind of sad/funny, if most of this is about Rodgers wanting job security and guarantees? He was the fricking MVP of the NFL in 2020, so he has both and he made it for himself. If the Packers decide to part ways with him before the end of his contract and he wants to keep playing, he will command big bucks from someone. If the Packers decide to keep him 3 more year, even potentially extending that, he has the same in Green Bay.

Feels like the game that he is "playing" right now is for the ability to say to everyone "See, I am THE man and everyone can now see just how important I am to the Packers. The Packers were wrong about drafting Love, as well as not telling the world how important I am by extending me." That is his ego wanting to be placated and in doing so, he is not acknowledging the needs of the team to do what is also best for them.

I agree. He’d make so much more money, if he wins another Superbowl, via endorsements, Jepopardy MC, etc future opportunities. I have to believe it’s more about his insecurities regarding his contract extention. I expected him to have more confidence in his future performance/reputation. If ‘Ego’ is the issue you’d think he’d want to be simpatico with Gute to build a more contending team. Something missing here. Was it simply a lifelong desire to play for SF? Who knows? The NFL pundits are always working on clickbait. But given all the smoke Aaron should come out and state his public position. This is very undermining to the team and their future prospects.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously doubt anyone at 1265 leaked this. They are known for holding their cards close to the vest.
I agree, I don't see any advantage to GB for leaking this, none. Why, turn fans against Aaron? They didn't even do that crap to to the Marty guy. Regardless of what one might think about the FO's decisions, they have a pretty long history of being respectful of players and the team.

I think someone obviously said something to someone they weren't supposed to. I doubt Rodgers wanted this out there right now either. I think there's something to it and the more time that goes by where he doesn't at least address it by something as simple as saying, football is a business and we're working thru business stuff, you'll know when it's done, the more maybe I think his side did?

But I don't think Rodgers gains anything by this either. Why? turn fans against the Packers? I don't think it's working. I don't think Gute and company cave to public sentiment, their history proves that. They don't listen to the "howl" as one old timer likes to put it. I think Rodgers knows that too. He's too smart not to, unless his camp really misjudged the situation I guess. People do get bad advice sometimes on how to approach things.

I don't think either wanted this in the public.

and I should add, I think they work it out with Rodgers still a Packer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What’s wrong with him? He blocks pretty well, he gets open and he makes pretty much every play they toss his way.

he’s not a WR playing TE like other big names and he pretty easily took over for Graham in production. I’d like to see target numbers because. Seems like he did it with fewer opportunities too. IMO, wherever one wants to rank him in the league, he’s exactly what I want in a TE.
Tonyan has been good. Just tired of the over glorification of some trying to insinuate he’s among the NFL’s elite tight ends.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Tonyan has been good. Just tired of the over glorification of some trying to insinuate he’s among the NFL’s elite tight ends.

Big Bob was a top 5 TE in the league last yr. Nobody can question that.... he needs a repeat performance to get in that discussion.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This is about money. If the Packers show Rodgers the money in a way that they can't dump him in a year this pissing match will be over.
If it’s about money, he shouldn’t have signed that huge extension without performance clauses. He chose the guaranteed up front bonus knowing full well the back end gave the Packers options.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Big Bob was a top 5 TE in the league last yr. Nobody can question that.... he needs a repeat performance to get in that discussion.
Tonyan’s 2020 performance was excellent. Did everything the team counted on him to do. Can he get better? Certainly, but it may not necessarily result in larger numbers. The fantasy football freaks would never acknowledge that though.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Tonyan’s 2020 performance was excellent. Did everything the team counted on him to do. Can he get better? Certainly, but it may not necessarily result in larger numbers. The fantasy football freaks would never acknowledge that though.
If Tonyan can catch 50+ balls (3 a game), 7+ TD's, catch everything thrown his way, once again.... I think that's all he really needs.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If Tonyan can catch 50+ balls (3 a game), 7+ TD's, catch everything thrown his way, once again.... I think that's all he really needs.
Agree and I think it’s fair to expect that his blocking will continue to improve, especially if Bakhtiari stays in his grill.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have missed that interview or press conference. When exactly did Aaron say this?
I'd say this right here is the crux of the matter. The sports media world loves dramatics and trying to pour gas on situations. Hence they just throw out the buzz phrases about things like Rodgers's demands are he must get paid a king's ransom, he demands the entire front office be fired, and blah blah blah
Yeah, I can believe he probably was upset with someone in the front office. But after last year's draft which made no sense with many of those picks, who wouldn't be?

The optimist in me says based on this year's draft and the fact that Gute just said the organization still wanted Rodgers here, the Packers front office will agree to some sort of future deal with him.

If Rodgers will only do a deal for a new big bucks salary that would put us in cap hell, I doubt we'll be able to accommodate that. But if it's more an issue of time, aka adding some years to his current deal, that I think we could and should make equitable.

Either way, gonna have to just hammer it out behind closed doors and hopefully come out with Rodgers still a Packer.

But yeah this whole "I won't play unless the entire front office is fired" thing? I don't buy that one bit. Someone in the media was full of bullsh*t there.

Members online

Latest posts