Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This happens every season to every team to many players. A team can't sit back and not add talent because somebody's feelings might get hurt. Whether it's a marginal player or a superstar. Rodgers has to realize that as long as he plays at a high level his job is Safe. I am very disappointed with his attitude and behaviors.
I don't blame the guy at all for wanting out. No surefire first ballot Hall of Famer has been less appreciated by their organization that Rodgers has by the Packers. Every opportunity the team has had to #2 on him, they have taken.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Jets have 21 draft picks the next two drafts.

They need a QB.

If this is not solveable Gute, call the Jets up and make something happen for Rodgers.

Then move the 2nd pick this year to another QB hungry team. LOAD the freaking roster up and let's see if Love is the future.

IF this is true. BIG IF.

I think the Jets have too many holes to fill to go all in on a 37 year old QB. Would make more sense for a team like the 49'ers, who would be an instant SB fave with Rodgers.

Would hate to see him stay in the NFC, but better than trading him to the Bears, who would really benefit by it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't blame the guy at all for wanting out. No surefire first ballot Hall of Famer has been less appreciated by their organization that Rodgers has by the Packers. Every opportunity the team has had to #2 on him, they have taken.
Yeah that 100 million was to show they didn’t like him :tdown:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This happens every season to every team to many players. A team can't sit back and not add talent because somebody's feelings might get hurt. Whether it's a marginal player or a superstar. Rodgers has to realize that as long as he plays at a high level his job is Safe. I am very disappointed with his attitude and behaviors.

Amy employee would be pissed if the employer, in ONE move, told them they were no longer wanted long term AND made their job harder at the same time. You can pretend that ignoring the feelings of your superstars is good business but you're going to have to tell me how you ignore reality so well.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We ALL should've seen this coming!! No QB has ever played for GB more than 16 years... Bart - 16, Brett - 16, Ar - 16.

Make a note, Love won't make it past 2035! :)

U.P. Packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jordan Love doesn't look at least like pedestrian Jared Goff out the gate, FIRE EVERYONE.

The Packers now hold the NFL All-Time Record for running 3-time MVP Quarterbacks out of town.

The F word didn't get run out of town, he forced his way out! That scum bucket tried to do the same thing to the Packers that he did the next season with the Jets.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. first we pick Love and then delay a extension, which he has earned the way he's played last season. And we could do with a restructuring to open up cap space.

Just get this done front office.

We may posture all we want, but next season without AR12 isn't going to end well!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Benjamin Allbright is an insider with the Broncos. He's well connected and often correct. He just tweeted some emoji's suggesting that something is going down with the Packers (eyeballs looking at cheese). Then he deleted it and tweeted that face with the mouth zipped shut.

I wonder which QB they'd talking to the Packers about?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. They #2d on him with a $100M contract and an offer of even more in an extension.
That is absolutely ridiculous and 100% emotion and not logic.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
$38.356 M

Which is only ~$1 M more than if he wasn't traded. So that part is doable.

Could also negotiate a trade that would not be official until June 1. Then it would be a $16M cap savings but there would also be ~$17M dead cap in 2022.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers would have a point if Gute nuked the team and ran a firesale on all of the pieces. But this is a squad coming back with most of the supporting talent that was a drive or two away from beating the ultimate Super Bowl champion in the NFCG.

Its hard not to look at this as coming out of left field. Who know maybe he always held onto playing for the other Bay area team and he's just dredging up excuses.
How are you feeling if you're aaron jones and probably took a paycut to "run it back" and now you see this news.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benjamin Allbright is an insider with the Broncos. He's well connected and often correct. He just tweeted some emoji's suggesting that something is going down with the Packers (eyeballs looking at cheese). Then he deleted it and tweeted that face with the mouth zipped shut.

Could go either way....I could see a team like Broncos with Teddy willing to trade some draft capital (not their first) for Love to pair with Teddy.

I just worry does that do anything for Rodgers...if it is gone as far as they say it wouldn't

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter what happens, somewhere....Brett Favre is smiling.

Honestly I'm not sure. Time and distance brings perspective. Chance he hates this even more as he knows how it felt falling out with an organization he loved....and now loves again.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How have the packers mistreated him?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Man, I now hope we trade him now just to witness those here who worship sports heroes have a meltdown.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record I hope he gets dealt. I have never seen someone act so much bigger than the team than A.R. He's such a diva. He expects the world but can't win clutch games.

If he wants out, trade his ***. Literally don't care if we miss playoffs, I don't want someone on this team who doesn't want to be here.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record I hope he gets dealt. I have never seen someone act so much bigger than the team than A.R. He's such a diva. He expects the world but can't win clutch games.

If he wants out, trade his ***. Literally don't care if we miss playoffs, I don't want someone on this team who doesn't want to be here.

are you witness to his acting bigger than the team
or...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jaguars get Rodgers and trade:

Round 1: No. 1

Round 1: No. 25

Round 2: No. 33

Round 2: No. 45

Pinch me, I just had a wet dream.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I would be very disappointed at AR if he forces the org to trade Love. I dont know if Love is the guy, but how big of a diva do you have to be to get petty to force out your replacment. Favre dident force the org to ship out Rodgers because reasons.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers send Love, 29, and a 4th to Broncos for number 9? Yeahhhhh

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think lasts year's draft was dumb especially Love.

Buy saying the Packers have wronged Rodgers is insane. Rodgers signed a huge extension just a couple years ago. The offense they put around Rodgers was number 1 in the NFL last year. They have a top flight LT and guard. An elite WR and a top 5 or so RB. Then reports said they approached about restructuring and he wanted an extension and they then approached with an extension.

Yes they made a bad pick but his own huge contract limited their free agent ability. My hope is this blows over after the Packers draft a WR in the first round tonight