1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers on the cover of Madden 12?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bogart, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Since those lazy asses that run Madden are already speaking of making a new game, would you be OK with Rodgers on the cover?

It's obvious the Super Bowl winner is going to be on the cover. (Last year was Brees, year before last was Troy P vs Larry F)

I don't play Madden, but I've always felt they don't like us, ever since Favre left. They give Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Brady, Vick and so on all those high 99 ratings, but what about us? They didn't even want us to win the Super Bowl! Their prediction had Big Ben playing a perfect game (which is something we all knew would never happen).

I wish Tecmo Super Bowl would rise from the grave and make a game to beat Madden, or better yet someone figures a way to make a 32 team rom for me to make a 2011 season on.

2. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    Tecmo Repository • View forum - Tecmo Rom Upload section

This is a forum dedicated to people who create updated hacked roms of Tecmo Bowl featuring updated rosters and ratings that are generally based off of Madden's ratings.

They seem to release updates throughout the season to reflect injuries/roster changes, although the last one that I downloaded had Nance and Jackson as our running backs... no Starks...

either way, its better than nothing eh?

3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Everyone's against us. :icon_lol:

Rodgers is a 98 right now, with the next roster update coming out soon. Woodson's high 90's. Jennings is mid-90's. Tramon's in the 90's. Nick Collins is in the 90's. Ryan Grant is an 88. Finley's really good, though I don't remember his OVR right now.

And our team OVR is a 92, tied for the highest with Pitt (remember this was before the Super Bowl).

I'd say we get plenty of love.

I'd guess they'll offer it to Rodgers and he'll decline, because he's all business, and then they'll offer it to Clay and he'll accept.

4. Tecmo

Tecmo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    knobbe.org is your best friend on the internet, no doubt.

I wish we would get a 2K game again someday. NFL 2k5 is arguably the best NFL game of all time and played to this day by many people.

I also can't give enough praise for Backbreaker for PS3 and 360. It uses the physics engine from Grand Theft Auto IV so every tackle is different. You can also download NFL teams with 2010 rosters and have a 32 team league.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    While i agree the physics engine in Backbreaker was awesome, i found the controls and gameplay to be pretty horrible when compared to Madden/NCAA style gameplay.

IF they could somehow combine the two... deadly

6. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Backbreaker is terrible. The physics are good, but the camera and the controls are clunky and awful. Kills the whole experience.

Not to mention the dumb decision to make the players look all futuristic.

I'll take Madden after it's latest patch + slider adjustments over BB any day.

7. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    NFL only allows EA to make games based on the NFL players and such...it blows EA is one of the worse game companies out there

8. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    They really aren't.

FIFA 11
    NHL 11
    Mass Effect 1 & 2
    Skate 1, 2, & 3
    Battlefield series

Not to mention NCAA 11 this year is great.

9. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

I never played the 2K game. Is there a computer rom of it some place?

10. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    it's a bad omen to be on the cover. Lot of guys had injuries the next year. Say no Aaron!:fie:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Not all of them get injured, but most have a bad season that is never going to live up to the season before.

Drew Brees avioded injury by the skin of his teeth but was just a few picks short of leading the league in interceptions.

I think Barry Sanders retired when he was on the cover of one of them. Daunte Culpepper's career went down the drain after he was on the over.

12. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Mike Vick broke his leg.

13. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    EXACTLY!!!

some of you guys need to pay attention to theses things. the last thing we need is another injury.

I would sue if I were on the cover. tell them to put big ben on the cover! **** madden!

• Like Like x 1
  14. petertosh

petertosh Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I looked at the ratings at quarterbacks for the whole league and Aaron is the second highest quarterback! Him and Manning are both 98 but A-rod is above him.

15. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Mass Effect+KOTOR+Dragon Age-Bioware
    Battlefield-Digital Illusions

EA just distributed them...while they own them they don't do the developing...

16. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    Noooooooooooo. There better not be any Packers on the cover. But the Packers are going to be rated pretty high next year. They always inflate the ratings for the Super Bowl and BCS champions on Madden and NCAA. So it should be a great version of Madden.

17. erik_m_vos

erik_m_vos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't want Rodgers on the cover of madden because of the madden curse! lol Favre was on the cover of 09 and blew it with the jets.... Ploamalu and Fitzgerald were on the cover of 10 and Neither did well that season. (troy got hurt didn't he?).... Madden 11 was brees... and they got their butts handed to them by the 7-9 seahawks.... Rodgers being on the cover of 12 just doesn't bode well with our teams success lol

18. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    Where can we sign a petition to keep our players off the madden cover?

19. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Please NO PACKERS on Madden cover. We had 16 season enders without the curse! Cant imagine any worse than that!

20. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Wikipedia and the curse

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I say NO TO MADDEN

• Like Like x 1
  22. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +116
    When Favre got on the cover in a Packers uniform, both he and the Packers had bad years in 2008, despite going separate ways. Last year they held a vote, with Drew Brees against Reggie Wayne and Jared Allen (???). So if there's a similar vote this year, we could all vote against the Packers representative so there's no curse.

23. ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +77
    I hope he declines an offer.

24. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    Hopefully no because we dont want no Madden Curse

25. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead