Rodgers--Jones is more focused

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/184266411.html

“The numbers speak for themselves. Leading the league in touchdown catches is pretty impressive, 12. I think it’s on 50-something catches (51), so just about 1 of every 4, almost 5, he’s getting in the end zone,” said Rodgers. “It’s pretty impressive. He's’ really improved a lot. The greatest compliment for him is he probably is not going to mind too much being overlooked. He cares about his teammates, he cares about being a great player and he understands that this is a team-first organization. Hopefully he gets the consideration he deserves for Pro Bowl because he’s had that type of year.”

“I've always had confidence in James,” said Rodgers. “I've been vocal about it and believed in him. I thought that, given the opportunity, he could have this type of season. He just needed some more looks his way. And I think his best football is still in front of him, too. I think he can have an even bigger year, given more opportunities. Not sure what the dynamic of the team is going to look like next year, but I’m excited about the prospect of him and I playing together for a while.

“To be honest - and I don't know personally - but after he and his wife had their first child, I've just noticed a guy who's been more focused at work and a little more dialed in.”

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Sometimes the simplest things make a big difference. I think this article was linked to previously:
No ball was thrown his way in the first quarter of one game. "Focus." None passed his way by halftime in another. "Focus!" Four catches in the third quarter. "Stay focused!" …(His improved performance) took work, and lots of it, starting with a steady stream of verbal self-reminders that he had to catch the ball - every ball - this year, whether he was getting a lot of passes, or none.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-receiver-jones-grabbing-attention-ii7e8s1-176703731.html

Something as simple as reminding himself constantly to stay focused has had an impact on Jones’s performance. I can think of a TE who this “trick” should be passed along to…

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Sometimes the simplest things make a big difference. I think this article was linked to previously:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-receiver-jones-grabbing-attention-ii7e8s1-176703731.html

Something as simple as reminding himself constantly to stay focused has had an impact on Jones’s performance. I can think of a TE who this “trick” should be passed along to…
He caught every catchable ball where interference wasn't called last game. Perhaps it already has.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
That much is obvious. Glad we kept him. I only wish Finley could have progressed like this

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Once again, Finley caught every catchable ball where interference wasn't called last game. He *might* be coming around

I know I've been watching, but I'm wondering if it's a case of too little too late.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've always liked Jones personally -- even with the dropped balls (some of them at the WORST possible time) and, in particular, the fumble along the sideline a couple of years ago against, I believe, the Bears which allowed them to get a field goal to win -- might that have been the 18 penalty game? Anyway...the guy just shows up and plays, has never offered up excuses - he just shows up. Seems to be a class act -- a character guy. He's bumbled a bit at times but kept on coming back for more... I've always liked "character" guys.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've always liked Jones personally -- even with the dropped balls (some of them at the WORST possible time) and, in particular, the fumble along the sideline a couple of years ago against, I believe, the Bears which allowed them to get a field goal to win -- might that have been the 18 penalty game?s.

Yes that was the Bear 18 flag game

Members online

Latest posts