Rodgers is the problem

IamAthimble

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The original poster and a lot of you are so damn whiny and unbelievable. Rodgers is NOT the problem. He has thrown for 4 and 3 touchdowns the past two weeks. He is still a top 5 QB in the league, even after today. Still incredibly accurate. I can't believe anyone is even talking about Rodgers being a problem. Yeah, he's not playing as amazingly as last year. HE WAS MVP LAST YEAR, you will not replicate that kind of season all the time. He's still playing like a top 5 QB.

If we had won the Seattle game, and if our defense would actually stop opposing teams on third and long and help protect leads, would anyone honestly be complaining about 4 TD and 3 TD performances from Rodgers? Those are pretty great numbers, better than most QBs in the league right now. It goes to show just how spoiled this fan base is, that when we struggle, we start jumping all over our Super Bowl winning quarterback. You guys need to step back and calm down, seriously. It's getting out of hand.

Edit: Also, to anyone suggesting we TRADE Rodgers, and are being serious about it, please, please, please...jump off a building right now. Right now.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that this IS a TOTAL team loss! The Defense looked lost out there, and it's apparent that Capers can't grasp that these guys can't play zone defense. You have a 21-3 lead at the half, and lay an egg in the 2nd. I agree Aaron held onto the ball a bit too long, and sailed quite a few of them. The accuracy isn't there. The O-Line is a mess, and Bulaga is one of the bad parts of it. They're not recognizing blitz schemes it seems, and can't buy Aaron time to throw. Receivers aren't coming back to the ball or working on getting separation from defenders. They're also dropping an incredible amount of easy passes they SHOULD make! Finley's dropped FAR too many for my taste, and I think he's approaching his decision gate. And the overall defense obviously hasn't been fixed from last year. 1st half, getting a pass rush, getting to Luck, and forcing him off his game. 2nd half, no adjustment, and Luck is picking apart the secondary. Capers apparently cannot adjust to offenses after the half, or not at all. Too much zone packages, when it's obvious that it doesn't work for this team. He's not playing to his players' strengths. It was an embarrassing game all the way around...and EVERYONE....from the Coaching Staff on down...deserve the share of the blame for this mess. It was a disaster.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today I put a lot on Rogers. He was off. But I'd take him any day over the guy that ruined several chances at another Championship with stupid interceptions. Now it's on MM to light a fire under this team to play like they're capable of playing, including Rogers.

PACKLIFER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, pass protection was weak, and it's time for Rodgers to regroup and get back to
the basics.

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today I put a lot on Rogers. He was off. But I'd take him any day over the guy that ruined several chances at another Championship with stupid interceptions.

Absolutely correct!

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree with this. You take the loss as a team. There is a lot going on here but I think it is fixable and mercifully it is occurring in the beginning to mid season where we still have time to fix it.
Alot of it injuries. The defense really the problem. The offense put enough points to win.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what i see:

OL isn't playing as a unit.
AR sometimes holds on to the ball too long.
AR doesn't seem as sharp - on the same page with his WRs
Offensively we are not doing much different
Defensively we are not consistent
WRs just don't seem to be getting open

In other words, there are lots of issues causing this team to underachieve.

In other words, we need to start the rebuilding now. We can only get 2 picks for Finley, both high #1s. Rodgers may only be worth a 2nd rounder, we need to trade him now before that drops further.

Nailed the problem but, the solution not axing everyone. Coaching & game planning can repair most of this

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but yeah he was a problem. Though as I think Ivo was saying before the season started, Rodger's numbers are going to decline, and that usually happens. I also want to think that more teams know to guard against the pass, and know Rodgers is too cautious at throwing the ball. Today was proof that we fall apart without a run game to keep the opposing defense from rushing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Said it b4..

def only allowed 3 points in 1st half then bottom falls out...everyone wants them gone

Off gets 21 in 1st half then only 6 in 2nd and bottom falls out, and people say its okay?

I dont get it...

They should have scored at least 14 in 2nd half

Because they couldnt convert---that made def on field way to much..In turn allows the def to get tired.."I.E" allowing Colts to have their way with them..

If off scores more our def isnt on the field as much and they win

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Rodgers is the problem.
The problem is that someone dies in the Packers family or an opposing team coach gets seriously ill before the Packers play and then they lose.
It's either too much coincidence or this stuff gets in their heads too much.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
There was enough fault to go around to the whole team. It was a snowball effect that started with the injuries and then the AR pick to start the 2nd half. We were a fraction of a second late when blitzing the whole 2nd half, dropped a bunch of picks and the Colts made them pay for every mistake.

On key plays when AR had time , nobody was open. When he had time, it was over thrown or dropped. What could go wrong for GB, did. I will agree, someone needed to stepup and make a play to turn the momentum around.....AR.....Woodson.....Clay, just never happened.

When Sheilds made that pick, I thought that was it, just the play I was waiting for. Turned out to be false hope in a game that was not to be.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Packers always going for the big play. Rodgers is always looking downfield trying to hit the homerun. Long gone are the quick slants and checkdowns. You watch Brady or Manning in his day and they were constantly checking down if nothing was open. It keeps the chains moving, gives your defense a rest, and keeps the momentum. We saw a tease early in the year with Cobb in the backfield, creating matchup nightmares and allowing us to have all four receivers on the field with Finley. It was IMO very effective but really haven't seen it since. Instead we have an offense looking to throw the ball downfield with defenses pinning their ears back and rushing the quarterback - with nothing to keep them honest. It is a terrible cycle because after he gets sacked it puts the offense in a bad down and distance, thus requiring a big downfield play to get a firstdown and keeping the drive going. Last year was alot of fun with all of the big plays and the big throws downfield, but for once, I long for the Holmgren days of the quick slant and the screen to Bennett/Levens to neutralize the opponents passrush.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we are having to get back to the basics going into the sixth game of the season we have a problem. Rogers is off because he has happy feet in the pocket, isn't getting set and he isn't getting set because the o-line isn't good and can't pass block. When we finally get an o-line in place that can block for arguably the most accurate passer in NFL history then the Packers will be contenders once again. Right now we are just a team trying to not fall out of the race before the bye which is very possible if MM and Capers don't get their ish together. This is starting to feel like a wasted season and i'm about to focus on basketball because the Packers don't want to win bad enough...if they did they would show it on the football field instead of talking about it all the flippin time.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game was plain frustrating,I know we can't count on 52 or even 50 yard field goals but M.M. felt Crosby was up to the challenge those would have helped o-line has to get it together witch I think they did just not 2nd half just frustrating when your up 21 3 and then:(

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is about where it was last year. The problem is the offense isn't. Last year the Packers were putting up 40 points a game. Not this year. Rodgers astronomical play last year was the reason we went 15-1 and his play this year is why we are 2-3.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe not sulking but he sure had a lot of negative vibes going on. Where has the AR of last year gone?

Negative vibes?! No freaking way...the man hasn't played to what he feels is acceptable...they've lost games they should have won and haven't even looked the greatest in some wins.....and you are saying negative vibes! No Sh** sherlock!...of course he's frustrated, he's got a passion to be the best and feels this team can do that.

Until he starts ripping team mates or officials or coaches are being a pouter like Cutler I love to see the frustration in him, shows he actually cares and isn't satisfied.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like we've gotten away from the slants that were our bread and butter in the past. They're relatively safe plays with big yardage potential. We only did it a couple of times that i noticed yesterday, one of which was a TD for Cobb. I agree with the others that say were trying for too many big plays.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Negative vibes?! No freaking way...the man hasn't played to what he feels is acceptable...they've lost games they should have won and haven't even looked the greatest in some wins.....and you are saying negative vibes! No Sh** sherlock!...of course he's frustrated, he's got a passion to be the best and feels this team can do that.

Until he starts ripping team mates or officials or coaches are being a pouter like Cutler I love to see the frustration in him, shows he actually cares and isn't satisfied.

Before he rips anyone he needs to rip himself. He played like a rookie yesterday.

OP
OP
BrettsFavor

BrettsFavor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Little off the deep end for a lot of the replies. I'm wondering where all the BS about getting the ball out of their hands quickly went to that we saw in TC. What about the timer/alarm MM brought in?

Pretty sure that didn't work. The o-line is actually giving Rodgers plenty of time on the majority of passing plays. Rodgers just isn't getting rid of the ball fast enough. I honestly have no idea why.

But most of the sacks yesterday were of Rodger's own doing; not the o-line.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I will admit that Rodgers sailed a couple passes too far (the Jordy pass that could have been a TD.), and he is holding the ball too long at times, he is far from the "problem." He is still very acuruate, even on bad days. We are lucky to have the guy.

The solution? MORE RUN!!

Members online

Latest posts