longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting, and quite disturbing.

I'm sure the tape has been seen and has already been addressed

But this us why I said you can't lay it all on the defense or on our punter or MM

I have a feeling Rodgers has been playing with a chip on his shoulder trying to prove he doesn't need MM...im pretty confident that was an issue this year

Rodgers needs to shut up and do what we and he knows he can do

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure the tape has been seen and has already been addressed

But this us why I said you can't lay it all on the defense or on our punter or MM

I have a feeling Rodgers has been playing with a chip on his shoulder trying to prove he doesn't need MM...im pretty confident that was an issue this year

Rodgers needs to shut up and do what we and he knows he can do

Retire? ;)

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gosh, I had no idea! What a shame to have a genius like this journalist wait until the season is over to enlightening us when now it's sadly too late for the organization to take action. Where was he around week 7 or 8 when we really needed him? Hopefully Rodgers will read his article before it's too late!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As bad as Rodgers was this season (by his standards), his legend still grew, what with the 2 hail maries and the 61 yard bomb on 4th-and-20 (our own version of 4th-and-26). Just a shame those last 2 plays are meaningless and will be forgotten since we lost.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean seriously guys. You all are scaring me with this thread. LOL

Lifetime Dolphins fan here. Grew up watching Dan Marino live at all his home games.

IMO, Dan Marino is the GOAT, but Aaron Rodgers is a clear #2 all time to me. That's why I am here. I am not happy AT ALL (and i mean every way) with the direction the Miami Dolphins organization is going.

I mean, I'm telling you all now, Aaron Rodgers is 100% NOT a problem in any way. Geez LOL

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting, and quite disturbing.
just as an FYI, he's also still claiming it was Peppers that was responsible for the long catch and run in OT and he got that wrong too. Shows you how good he is at dissecting a football play, no better than this highly intoxicated fan watching at home :) so I take the rest of the article for what it is worth.

While there might be something to take from articles like this, I usually don't. Rodgers missed somethings this year, that much was obvious. I don't even need a journalist to tell me, but without video and breaking down the play, this analysis means nothing. Context of the game, previous defenses and how they reacted, how they broke it down on the sideline in between drives, what to watch for and who should be breaking where?.

Like this from the above linked article
Janis ran a short slant. He was open enough for a shot at a first down and possibly a touchdown. But Rodgers gave him a cursory glance, then quickly threw a checkdown to James Starks in the right flat for a 4-yard loss. It looked a little like Rodgers might have decided to go there before the snap.

Well what does that mean? it certainly leads a reader towards thinking we just missed a 1st down and TD and it was a major screw up by Rodgers. Like previously mentioned, by that time in the game, I had indulged in too many beverages, so while I remember the flat pass to Starks going nowhere, I do not have a complete break down of the film, and besides maybe that's where the ball was supposed to go down there? "open enough for a shot" could mean about anything to this reader. without seeing the video again, maybe there was someone coming in that Rodgers was nervous of, maybe Janis drops that pass 90 times out of 100 in practice. I do remember him dropping a pass like that about a month ago. Nice slant, perfect pass, right in the hands, dropped. and "possibly a touchdown"? again, not convincing this guy. If Starks could have gotten going up field, he had a chance at possibly scoring a TD too :)

at the 50, i have to believe it's not so congested and a check down to the back out in the flat would not be the preferred play, but maybe in the redzone it was designed to bring defenders to the middle of the field with receivers and Rodgers using his eyes to do the same, then swing it out to the back who turns up field and outruns everyone to the pylon? Does that author know the details? do we?

If I really wanted play break downs, give me something from the coaches, so far this year I haven't read anything that's been all that great from a journalist.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Interesting ... But isn't postseason records and losses a Big Deal when it came to Favre ? I Seem to remember a very different tune some years ago ...

Consistency ... /boggle

Depends on who you are talking to in regards to Favre. :coffee:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revisiting this discussion, here's what I saw that i didn't like about Rodgers -- when things went bad, it seemed like Rodgers had a disappointed look constantly on his face. I didn't see a lot of leadership on the field at least. Perhaps it was there in the locker room but I saw little evidence of it on the field.

When things are going well, Rodgers is fabulous. When things begin to go south, he isn't. Yes, he pulled off some great plays when everything was on the line, and that article speaks to it, but Rodgers also was part of the reason why the Packers were down to their last desperate play.

At times Rodgers seems to be very rigid in his ways. He lacks trust in guys and is unwilling to gamble. He doesn't give his players enough opportunities to make plays on the ball. He bailed out way too soon sometimes, playing schoolyard ball. Sure, poor OL play, play-calling and lack of receivers all played their part, and TT and MM also shoulder some of the blame here, but IMO so does Rodgers.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to derail but, how about a new nickname Aaron "No Time" Rodgers?

Seriously, that was the best throw I have ever seen in my life and that is coming from a Dan Marino fan in the purest sense. I have been YouTubing that Hail Mary video that lasts 1:35 with my 14 year old son countless times over now. The view from 1:18 on was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in the NFL, and I firmly believe that Aaron Rodgers is the only person on the planet that could make a throw like that under all of those circumstances. I almost still can't believe it.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revisiting this discussion, here's what I saw that i didn't like about Rodgers -- when things went bad, it seemed like Rodgers had a disappointed look constantly on his face. I didn't see a lot of leadership on the field at least. Perhaps it was there in the locker room but I saw little evidence of it on the field.

When things are going well, Rodgers is fabulous. When things begin to go south, he isn't. Yes, he pulled off some great plays when everything was on the line, and that article speaks to it, but Rodgers also was part of the reason why the Packers were down to their last desperate play.

At times Rodgers seems to be very rigid in his ways. He lacks trust in guys and is unwilling to gamble. He doesn't give his players enough opportunities to make plays on the ball. He bailed out way too soon sometimes, playing schoolyard ball. Sure, poor OL play, play-calling and lack of receivers all played their part, and TT and MM also shoulder some of the blame here, but IMO so does Rodgers.
The poor plays for most of the year I attribute to him being rattled from taking a beating, as any QB would be, and from the offense being out of whack in general. He probably would have taken more chances, but they could never get into a rhythm.

I think they need a makeover offensively. They have always seemed to look disjointed against the tough competition, and I think that's because it has been much easier to take away the things that help Rodger succeed (Jordy, protection) than it has been for GB to attack any weakness on the defense. Whether that is due to talent or game-planning, I don't know. I'm thinking it's the latter as much as the former.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting ... But isn't postseason records and losses a Big Deal when it came to Favre ? I Seem to remember a very different tune some years ago ...
C’mon, maybe it’s Favre's four INTs in a home playoff loss against the Vikings, or the 6 INTs (including 3 pick 6s) in a playoff loss at the Rams, or the incredibly stupid OT INT which caused a playoff loss at Philadelphia, or the OT INT which led to the playoff loss at Lambeau in the NFCCG against the Giants. Come up with a couple playoff games in which Rodgers was equally responsible for a playoff loss and maybe you'd have point.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That O-line offered as much protection as a leaky ******. Don't know what 'trust' you can get from them.

With all those factors in bold, how do you expect any QB to perform well? For me, it seems we've put too much trust in Rodgers scrambling ability that we forgot we needed a proper O-Line.

And the missed/dropped catches? Any QB would shed tears of blood to see that happening repeatedly to this 'trusted' receivers.

Blocking, receiving, running, play calling we were way below par everywhere.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is nothing, imo, Aaron Rodgers can not do on the field. We need to build a team around him that caters to his skill set. Which is pretty much unlimited.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was since we drafted Aaron Rodgers. I even started a thread in the Miami Dolphins forum stating "Aaron Rodgers is the next Joe Montana with a stronger arm". I was laughed at then. I was right. He blew me away. Only QB to beat USC the year they won the National Championship. He's been doing this his whole life.

EDIT: That is because I wanted Miami to draft him.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts