Rodgers is NOT the problem

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To some of the folks in here saying bench Rodgers? Or trade him? Lol you guys can't be serious. Rodgers is the reason why the Packers are even in the playoffs...even if this current offense does stink. No other qb in the league could run for his life every other play and make the throws Rodgers can make. Not Cam, not Brady, not Manning...zilch. Yes he's missed some.. but it happens from time to time and no one completes 100%.

This is a down year for him I would never argue that but blame coaching and management for the bulk of it. lol so many times on Sunday night Collinsworth pointed out how the Vikings defense took away the crossing routes and patterns the Packers like to run and MM NEVER adjusted. In fact the guy has always stunk when it comes to making adjustments and The realist in here know I'm right. How many times did we see Vikings defenders just sitting there in lanes waiting for Packers Wrs to just run to them ? Because I honestly saw it the entire night. Rodgers best passing plays came off broken plays...again like they have all season. How was Cobb a non factor in another big game? Why not put him in the backfield and let him work the Vikings lbs? You kinda like what Turner tried to do with to ours..if Teddy was as accurate as Rodgers he would've thrown at least 3 tds all to his rbs because he actually has a guy who gets it calling the plays. That IHOP menu mccarthy calls a play sheet is just sad. It's got about 200 plays on it but he calls the same 10 plays haha. No creativity or anything. I'd pay to see Sean Payton coach this team and offense. If he got all that production out if noodle arm drew Bree's I can only imagine what he could do with Rodgers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he is.

100% of our success can be attributed to TT, and deep down you know it. AR is holding us back and we would easily be undefeated without him. Trade AR for a 2nd round pick and let TT find another stud player. Hundley is ready.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody is THE problem, but they all play a part. Rodgers plays his part. He's still pretty good, but the INT rather than a TD to Jones is indicative that he definitely is playing his part. That isn't the only play like that this year. The offensive line has played their part as a unit and individually, the WR's have played their part, the TE's, the RB's, defense, special teams, coaches etc have all played their part.

The good news is they have a history of doing better, a prolonged and sustained history so I'm confident they can do it again. The bad news is, I think they have run out of time to "fix" anything and at this point any success is going to come from the flash in a pan type that doesn't sustain itself. I think that can work for a game or 2, but I think any fixing is going to have to come in the offseason and preseason.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he is.

100% of our success can be attributed to TT, and deep down you know it. AR is holding us back and we would easily be undefeated without him. Trade AR for a 2nd round pick and let TT find another stud player. Hundley is ready.

I don't really know you so I can't tell if your being sarcastic. I hope so.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Amish definitely aren't sarcastic by nature, especially ones in the mafia

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can't have computers, but they definitely have the internet. It's how the Amishmafia conducts half its business

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
As Mondio indicated I would edit the title of this thread to, "Rodgers is not THE problem". Even as the OP indicates, this is an off year for Rodgers. The entire offense, including the coaching staff have been part of the problem. Another posted made the point that the Vikings DBs seemed to be running the Packers routes. McCarthy and staff really have to do a better job of anticipating man-to-man coverage and use combination routes to battle it. And if he has to start anyone other than a healthy Bakhtiari at LT, he has to give him help - and depending upon who is lining up across from Bakhtiairi he has to help him too.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm......I didn't know the Amish had the internet.
Inter-what? I just read the notes attached to the pigeons, write my responses, and attach it back onto the pigeon. What the neighbor kid does with these messages, I have no idea.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To some of the folks in here saying bench Rodgers? Or trade him? Lol you guys can't be serious. Rodgers is the reason why the Packers are even in the playoffs...even if this current offense does stink. No other qb in the league could run for his life every other play and make the throws Rodgers can make. Not Cam, not Brady, not Manning...zilch. Yes he's missed some.. but it happens from time to time and no one completes 100%.

This is a down year for him I would never argue that but blame coaching and management for the bulk of it. lol so many times on Sunday night Collinsworth pointed out how the Vikings defense took away the crossing routes and patterns the Packers like to run and MM NEVER adjusted. In fact the guy has always stunk when it comes to making adjustments and The realist in here know I'm right. How many times did we see Vikings defenders just sitting there in lanes waiting for Packers Wrs to just run to them ? Because I honestly saw it the entire night. Rodgers best passing plays came off broken plays...again like they have all season. How was Cobb a non factor in another big game? Why not put him in the backfield and let him work the Vikings lbs? You kinda like what Turner tried to do with to ours..if Teddy was as accurate as Rodgers he would've thrown at least 3 tds all to his rbs because he actually has a guy who gets it calling the plays. That IHOP menu mccarthy calls a play sheet is just sad. It's got about 200 plays on it but he calls the same 10 plays haha. No creativity or anything. I'd pay to see Sean Payton coach this team and offense. If he got all that production out if noodle arm drew Bree's I can only imagine what he could do with Rodgers.

Well, he's not the ONLY problem...coaching, oline and receivers are also a problem (running back WAS a problem but looks about average now).

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who's said anything about benching him or good god trading him?

All I've seen is people saying he's played poor this season and has contributed to our struggles. That's a far cry than benching or trading

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's very obvious to anyone who has watched the Packers play this year that the offensive problems have been everywhere, Rodgers included.

Although it would be preposterous, I haven't seen a single claim saying we should trade Rodgers. Calls to bench Rodgers are generally short-term in nature to either give him a break or get him out of harms way in a game that has gotten out of hand. I hardly think anyone has called for Tolzien or Hundley to be our full time starter.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted in another thread. The offense struggles start with Rodgers. I don't give the receivers and Oline a pass because they've been just as much as the problem. No one has said bench or trade the guy because no way we find anyone half as good as him, but Aaron gets way too many passes from fans and the media and he needs the criticism. He has been too caught up making tv shows and commercials and I think he has not used the time to work on his craft. He has gotten complacent and it showed this year. He thought he was great after last year and probably didn't have to work as much to improve.

But he has 3 fumble 6 in the past 2 games and has 3 ints in the past 3 games. The worst part about that is he is doing it at crucial times. Against the Raiders a score really closes the game on them, instead he keeps them alive. Against the Cardinals he could've made the game 10-7 or 10-3 going into the half, instead we went in 17-0 and he spotted them 14 point from fumbles and took points away in the end zone from that int.

Against the Vikings, he had a chance to tie the game and he throw another int and gave them a fumble 6. Which was the difference in the score.

Aaron doesn't get a pass because of what he has done in the past. He needs to take this offseason serious and work on his skills. He has about 5 good years left in him if lucky. He can do all the commercials and tv spots after that.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there that AR is part of the offensive problems... I think he and the play caller(s) are having a bit of a power struggle. AR has earned the respect and right to change plays at the line, with varying degrees of success. I think the play callers are, at times, reigning him in and mandating a play (the goal line pass to Adams that was stopped short a few weeks ago comes to mind).

Both parties have a certain amount of distrust or animosity towards the other with "their play" not working and they haven't figured-out a solution. I may be reading a lot into this or making broad assumptions, but I think there's more to the offensive dysfunction than just crappy routes and/or WR's not getting open.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Mondio indicated I would edit the title of this thread to, "Rodgers is not THE problem". Even as the OP indicates, this is an off year for Rodgers. The entire offense, including the coaching staff have been part of the problem. Another posted made the point that the Vikings DBs seemed to be running the Packers routes. McCarthy and staff really have to do a better job of anticipating man-to-man coverage and use combination routes to battle it. And if he has to start anyone other than a healthy Bakhtiari at LT, he has to give him help - and depending upon who is lining up across from Bakhtiairi he has to help him too.
I thought everyone had given up on them implementing these. They have clearly shown they have nothing in the playbook that is effective against man coverage.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted in another thread. The offense struggles start with Rodgers. I don't give the receivers and Oline a pass because they've been just as much as the problem. No one has said bench or trade the guy because no way we find anyone half as good as him, but Aaron gets way too many passes from fans and the media and he needs the criticism. He has been too caught up making tv shows and commercials and I think he has not used the time to work on his craft. He has gotten complacent and it showed this year. He thought he was great after last year and probably didn't have to work as much to improve.

But he has 3 fumble 6 in the past 2 games and has 3 ints in the past 3 games. The worst part about that is he is doing it at crucial times. Against the Raiders a score really closes the game on them, instead he keeps them alive. Against the Cardinals he could've made the game 10-7 or 10-3 going into the half, instead we went in 17-0 and he spotted them 14 point from fumbles and took points away in the end zone from that int.

Against the Vikings, he had a chance to tie the game and he throw another int and gave them a fumble 6. Which was the difference in the score.

Aaron doesn't get a pass because of what he has done in the past. He needs to take this offseason serious and work on his skills. He has about 5 good years left in him if lucky. He can do all the commercials and tv spots after that.

While I am not sold on the he does too much Hollywood stuff so he is losing his edge. I do agree with certain points.

1. I was never a fan of him skipping the preseason games. 24 passes all pre-season. 0 TD's when you lose your number 1 receiver for the year, you think it would be a valuable time to earn some trust with new receivers.

2. His frustration level this year is continuing to trend up. This is something I have seen growing for a while and just continues to get worse. Not sure if this has something to with MM, play-calling, personal life, his expectations of himself or others. It is really hard to tell from the outside more than the fact that it continues to get worse.

3. It does seem like to a great extent, he is above reproach to anyone in the organization. He makes errors and MM just sits there with a blank stare. Get on his ***! He isn't super human, he isn't perfect. Coach him! And if you aren't smart enough or respected enough bring someone in that can lay it to him. Never stop coaching.

I heard something this morning claiming he may have an injury that he is play though. Honestly I would believe this, I saw him grimicing in pre-game last week. He not throwing as crisp, scared to take shots (which who can blame him with the patchwork line), seems to run less often.

I went back and watched the super bowl run. Those receivers didn't have much more seperation than these. But the passes were GODLY. No joke, they were in areas that if they were 2-3 inches the other way they are incomplete. His confidence was off the charts. Those are passes he isn't even attempting now, and if he does... They are off sometimes by yards.

I never questioned A-rods arm, but when is the last time you remember this guy not leading the receiver correctly like he did multiple times last weekend. Or not making at least 1 throw a game that you are like HOLY ****. He doesn't seem himself to me.

Last edited:

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You have that backwards, the offensive line, play calling, and the subpar play of the receiving corps and huge issues, but it is Rodgers who doesn't get a pass because he has his faults too.

That second part there, how exactly do you know this? Do you know he hasn't been working hard to improve or that those commercials are effecting him. He has done commercials in past years as well and played just fine. He has played well for many years now and has still improved. This statement is pure speculation and opinion yet you state it so matter-of-factly.

Aaron doesn't get a pass because of what he has done in the past. He needs to take this offseason serious and work on his skills. He has about 5 good years left in him if lucky. He can do all the commercials and tv spots after that.[/QUOTE]

Your not going to tell an athlete who has limited time in their careers to not make more money doing commercials and other things outside of their sport while they are still popular or relevant. I think fans who think this way are naïve and selfish. While they care about the sport and playing well, winning/losing a game is not the end all be all for them.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I am not sold on the he does too much Hollywood stuff so he is losing his edge. I do agree with certain points.

1. I was never a fan of him skipping the preseason games. 24 passes all pre-season. 0 TD's when you lose your number 1 receiver for the year, you think it would be a valuable time to earn some trust with new receivers.

2. His frustration level is this year is continuing to trend up. This is something I have seen growing for a while and just continues to get worse. Not sure if this has something to with MM, play-calling, personal life, his expectations of himself or others. It is really hard to tell from the outside more than the fact that it continues to get worse.

3. It does seem like to a great extent, he is above reproach to anyone in the organization. He makes errors and MM just sits there with a blank stare. Get on his ***! He isn't super human, he isn't perfect. Coach him! And if you aren't smart enough or respected enough bring someone in that can lay it to him. Never stop coaching.

I heard something this morning claiming he may have an injury that he is play though. Honestly I would believe this, I saw him grimicing in pre-game last week. He not throwing as crisp, scared to take shots (which who can blame him with the patchwork line), seems to run less often.

I went back and watched the super bowl run. Those receivers didn't have much more seperation than these. But the passes were GODLY. No joke, they were in areas that if they were 2-3 inches the other way they are incomplete. His confidence was off the charts. Those are passes he isn't even attempting now, and if he does... They are off sometimes by yards.

I never questioned A-rods arm, but when is the last time you remember this guy not leading the receiver correctly like he did multiple times last weekend. Or not making at least 1 throw a game that you are like HOLY ****. He doesn't seem himself to me.

100% agree with your entire post. Something is up with him. Could be an injury (I swear he reaches for that calf sometimes) or it could be mental. Getting hit hard so many times can certainly get in your head. He is in a funk that he needs to snap out of. Maybe facing a weaker WASH defense can get this offense going again.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers hiding an injury might be a plausible explanation for the "non-normal Rodgers" season he has had. Or are we all just hoping that this is all that is wrong with this offense and a healthy Rodgers (and Jordy) in 2016 will bring this offense back to the high powered potent machine it once was?

Injured or not, Rodgers has been playing behind an offensive line that has had some big issues, a group of receivers who have under performed and a coaching staff that can't figure out what to do to change things. I keep referring to "the snowball effect" mentally on an offense that was expected to do so much this year will all the starters back (less Jordy).

The 49er game seemed to start this snowball rolling, or at least the talk of what was wrong with our offense. As the season progressed and there were more injuries, drops, failed routes, missed throws, poor blocking, penalties creating very little offense, you could see the frustration building on Rodgers face as well as the other players and coaches, the snowball was getting bigger each week. "This isn't us, this is not how our offense plays, what is wrong, how do we fix this?". I think every game the past few months, the offense takes the field thinking about this and possibly thinks "this is the game to turn it around".....but when things happen and the offense has some failures the mental game sets in, the noose tightens and things fall apart, "here we go again". It hasn't been until late in a game, due or die when there is not time to think, but to perform that the Packers offense shows life. Yes, some of this can be attributed to defenses playing more slack, but I think it has more to do with Rodgers and Co. not having time to over think and just do it.

I would be interested to see what would happen if the Packer offense came out Sunday and ran the hurry up offense right out of the gate. Don't give the players time to over think it, just do it.

When this season ends, TT is going to have an interesting time figuring out how much of the offensive issues were personnel, coaching or just due to that snowball building up into a mountain.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For anyone that has played sports, you know that sometimes there is just not a problem that you can point to and fix. Just like when your wife is crying, you can't go fix that either (most of the time). We all sit here, pounding away at the keyboard keys trying to find the "aha" thing that is hindering this offense. Sometimes it is just a "je ne sais pas" situation that will sort itself out over the offseason.

1) The injuries are no more devastating than other seasons
2) The receivers didn't all develop arthritis and become slower. They are playing slower
3) MM didn't forget how to string together play calls
4) Rodgers didn't forget how to throw

They all suck this year for a number of small reasons and probably a few that nobody, including the players and coaches, can put a finger on. We won't solve this riddle online, but we will continue to talk about it.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Vikings defense took away the crossing routes and patterns the Packers like to run and MM NEVER adjusted. In fact the guy has always stunk when it comes to making adjustments
Hope I did this right. I agree that MM sucks at adjusting. Really tough for me to figure out why. It should be the main thing a coach does during the game. Are his assistant coaches scared of suggesting things to him?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game on Sunday and they do not wanna throw the ball at all... They make no deep throws and Rodgers looked like he wasn't even tryin.... That was a ****** game I blew a lot of money on...

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers hiding an injury might be a plausible explanation for the "non-normal Rodgers" season he has had. Or are we all just hoping that this is all that is wrong with this offense and a healthy Rodgers (and Jordy) in 2016 will bring this offense back to the high powered potent machine it once was?

Injured or not, Rodgers has been playing behind an offensive line that has had some big issues, a group of receivers who have under performed and a coaching staff that can't figure out what to do to change things. I keep referring to "the snowball effect" mentally on an offense that was expected to do so much this year will all the starters back (less Jordy).

The 49er game seemed to start this snowball rolling, or at least the talk of what was wrong with our offense. As the season progressed and there were more injuries, drops, failed routes, missed throws, poor blocking, penalties creating very little offense, you could see the frustration building on Rodgers face as well as the other players and coaches, the snowball was getting bigger each week. "This isn't us, this is not how our offense plays, what is wrong, how do we fix this?". I think every game the past few months, the offense takes the field thinking about this and possibly thinks "this is the game to turn it around".....but when things happen and the offense has some failures the mental game sets in, the noose tightens and things fall apart, "here we go again". It hasn't been until late in a game, due or die when there is not time to think, but to perform that the Packers offense shows life. Yes, some of this can be attributed to defenses playing more slack, but I think it has more to do with Rodgers and Co. not having time to over think and just do it.

I would be interested to see what would happen if the Packer offense came out Sunday and ran the hurry up offense right out of the gate. Don't give the players time to over think it, just do it.

When this season ends, TT is going to have an interesting time figuring out how much of the offensive issues were personnel, coaching or just due to that snowball building up into a mountain.

My point is though, if you go back and watch the 2010 season... His receivers didn't have huge separation either. Just Rodgers was playing at an all-time great level. His passes were so precise I have never seen anything like it before. Fitting in windows that were inches bigger than the football. He never missed someone like he did JJ on the deep ball last weekend. I mean he missed that by yards, not inches. He missed at least 3 open receivers on 3rd down, only to throw to a guy whom was covered like glue. Don't get me wrong I understand **** happens, and you miss things. But you can't be this consistently off and put the blame everywhere else.

His receivers aren't getting that much less separation now, just Rodgers isn't fitting it in there. This isn't to say "Rodgers is to blame", it's a team game. But I'll tell you this... If Rodgers was playing now like he did in the run 2010, the Packers would have a good chance. Even if no one else improved at all. But like the rest of the offense he is under-performing.

So in closing, he's is not "the reason" but is certainly deserves a portion for the recent struggles... Maybe it's unfair to hold him to that standard?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely a lousy game. But they have all been lousy for awhile now and I have not seen any real adjustments. Our DBs better come to play this week. Cousins sets and lets it rip.

Members online

Latest posts