Rodgers in Jeopardy

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we all need a stick figure drawing of Weeds' proposal....although we shouldn't rule out the possibility that she asked him.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As well you should be. I don't just hand 'em out to any ol' poopie head. :cool:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has such a soft, calm voice.
If he could paint, he could be the next Bob Ross.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'Jeopardy!' producer: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' second career 'could be better than his first'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...dy-producer-packers-aaron-rodgers/7188590002/

Also: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...after-first-week-of-hosting-iconic-game-show/

"Aaron Rodgers has made it pretty clear that he wants to become the full-time host of "Jeopardy!" and if his first week of hosting the iconic show was any indication, it appears the Packers quarterback might actually have a realistic shot of landing the job.

Rodgers drew some high praise last week after serving as guest host for a total of five episodes. Some of that praise came from Mike Richards, who serves as the executive producer for the long-running game show."

"So far, Rodgers has been deemed the best host and that take comes from someone who should know: Jimmy McGuire. The clue crew member has been with the show for 20 of its 37 years and during a conversation with one-time contestant Lindsay Wilcox, McGuire didn't hide his thoughts about the five guest hosts.

"He said Aaron Rodgers was the best guest host they had seen so far," Wilcox said of her conversation with McGuire, via The Ringer."

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be honest, Alex was a much better host. Rodgers is pretty stiff. Maybe he will get better over time but I don't know who is offering "high praise" for his hosting work. If I were Jeopardy, I would certainly bring in some more talent (including Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge).

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only saw 1 episode and while he was fine, nothing said "Trebek replacement" to me.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be honest, Alex was a much better host. Rodgers is pretty stiff. Maybe he will get better over time but I don't know who is offering "high praise" for his hosting work.
What? Tuesday's (4/13) episode AR was almost TOO loose. I think he's a lot better than last week and doing a great job.

AR's Filming schedule:
Sunday - practice rounds
Monday - 3 episodes before lunch, lunch, then 2 episodes (those 5 aired last week)
Tuesday - 3 before lunch, lunch, 2 episodes after lunch (these episodes are this week)

I'm very much looking forward to the rest of this week. I'd rank the guest hosts, so far: #1 AR; #2 Jeopardy Producer Mike Richards; #3 Jennings.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When rodgers is done with football, I hope he goes into color commentary. He has so much knowledge of the game, the things we don't see. Tony Romo has surprised me with his knowledge and delivery. Rodgers would be even better. Guys like Collinsworth and Aiken are past their due dates.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a clip of Rodgers talking with the contestant, as the credits rolled, who answered with the field goal question ... now I can't find the clip ... but that conversation is going to get tongues wagging...

Rodgers was laughing and saying something to the effect "I'm glad you asked that question" and, " You're my man"... I'm paraphrasing but expect the "there's a rift..." folks to make an appearance soon.
I thought the whole thing was hilarious. The guy answered in the form of a question, so that was proper. Rodgers' reaction was classic. It was all just fun. But yeah, some people will use it as sole proof for a rift between ARod and MLF. When the answer is of course Rodgers wanted the ball in his hands rather than off the foot of Crosby. He's a QB after all, and a great one. Anyway, it was cool to watch.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When rodgers is done with football, I hope he goes into color commentary. He has so much knowledge of the game, the things we don't see. Tony Romo has surprised me with his knowledge and delivery. Rodgers would be even better. Guys like Collinsworth and Aiken are past their due dates.

I can see Rodgers being a GM or something. Not really a coach, but an Elway kinda guy. I don't think he's as personable as Romo and would probably get panned being too quiet or dry.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see Rodgers being a GM or something. Not really a coach, but an Elway kinda guy. I don't think he's as personable as Romo and would probably get panned being too quiet or dry.
I don’t see Rodgers as a GM kind of guy. I see him more as a owner or team president guy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t see Rodgers as a GM kind of guy. I see him more as a owner or team president guy.
Good points. Romo is a guy you'd like to have a beer with. Rodgers? Not so much. He is a very smart guy and would likely do well as a GM as you suggest. He's already an investor with a stake in the Bucks. My guess is that he's very good with money.

I've seen it in his stint on Jeopardy. He comes in well prepared and doesn't make any mistakes, but he's just dry. I never realized how good Trebek was until now that he's gone.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points. Romo is a guy you'd like to have a beer with. Rodgers? Not so much. He is a very smart guy and would likely do well as a GM as you suggest. He's already an investor with a stake in the Bucks. My guess is that he's very good with money.

I've seen it in his stint on Jeopardy. He comes in well prepared and doesn't make any mistakes, but he's just dry. I never realized how good Trebek was until now that he's gone.

Trebek was a pretty seasoned game show host before Jeopardy I think. There's gonna be people out there who have game show experience or even just entertainment experience who will be on Trebek's level, just not a household name. It'd be cool to make it a contest... Give people two week stints, then they're voted on and eliminated. Then a finals week or something. Make it a real event ya know.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trebek was a pretty seasoned game show host before Jeopardy I think. There's gonna be people out there who have game show experience or even just entertainment experience who will be on Trebek's level, just not a household name. It'd be cool to make it a contest... Give people two week stints, then they're voted on and eliminated. Then a finals week or something. Make it a real event ya know.
That would be good for ratings.

Members online

Latest posts