Rodgers improvements

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know its only the Preseason but it seems like Rodgers has improved alot from a year ago. Not only is his timing down, he doesnt seem to hold on to the ball longer than he needs to. Almost like something in his head goes off when he needs to move and he avoids the sacks. I know he got crushed on the Finely TD but it at least he delivered the ball.

So how does everyone assess Rodgers improvements? If you see any at all

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the biggest improvements in his game was his pocket presence...last year when he felt a little pressure he would just scramble to the flats and try to improvise, problem w/ scrambling to one side or another is your cut the field in half...you could see when Freeney and Mathis got close to him he stood calm and just stepped a little bit out of the way as their hands were missing him by inches...very impressive and it's obvious he made that a priority...I remember hearing him getting interviewed by Shine and Gannon on Sirius when they visited Lambeau, and he praised Brady for his pocket awareness...I'm really excited about this season for him, him stepping up his game takes a huge amount of pressure off the DEFENSE and allows Capers to fire at will!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
One thing that he worked on and so did all the other QB's is the hard count. Man ive never seen 3 guys jump offsides at the same time, how many times did rodgers get them to jump on that hard count in the first quarter like 4. It will do wonders on a 3rd and 3 or 4 and he does that hard count and draws the penelty.

Also, he just looks more poised and confident out there, man its going to be a great season and I cant wait till September 12.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it shows. He spent the off-season watching every single snap of last season with his QB coach, looking for ways to improve.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that he worked on and so did all the other QB's is the hard count. Man ive never seen 3 guys jump offsides at the same time, how many times did rodgers get them to jump on that hard count in the first quarter like 4. It will do wonders on a 3rd and 3 or 4 and he does that hard count and draws the penelty.

Also, he just looks more poised and confident out there, man its going to be a great season and I cant wait till September 12.
Yeah. Was a big complaint of mine last year, and it now seems like a strength.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers does not like to throw the ball to the other team. He has this quick release that is hard to defend. He can run with the ball. He is so accurate. His team mates call him the greatest QB in the league. Fabulous.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was just as good last year in preseason as this year. I see no improvement really. You guys forgot how great he was last preseason?

In fact, I saw a few high passes early last night by Arod that almost got Jermichael and James Jones killed. He needs to not hang them out to dry like that. Got away with them last night, but might not be so lucky next time.....

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has improved his feel for when and how to get rid of the ball when pressure is coming. The line has also improved and providing more protection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts