1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers Goes Off Script

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by HardRightEdge, Oct 12, 2016.

1. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,726
    I went back to listen to Rodgers going off script twice during the Giant's game, a couple of the oddest line calls you're likely to hear.

First, there was the one late in the first quarter where the announcers claim he was talking to the defense. I don't believe that was the case. What I hear is Rodgers saying, "hey, listen, we're all going." Lang answers, "yeah, alright", and puts out his left arm as if to confirm, "let's go". Rodgers might be telling them he's going with the short drop/quick throw. Or maybe he's just messing with the defense. Zip to Adams (who continues to be money on the slant routes) for 17 yds.

Second, there was the exchange with Nelson at the line of scrimmage toward the end of the 3rd. quarter:

Rodgers: "Hey, pylon, triple-L, pylon".
    Nelson: "Pylon".
    Rodgers: "Pylon. Pylon for you."
    Nelson: '[inaudible] Pylon."

I've never heard of a "triple L" route, but he does run an inside/outside route to the sidelines, and Rodgers zips to Adams on the cross underneath Nelson for 20 yards. Again, I don't know if this is a legit call or if he's just messing with the defense.

I have a confession. I love this playground sh*t.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    Omaha!

3. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,793
    quit giving the other teams all of his secrets :)

4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,726
    How about Rodgers' "New York bozo" line call last year. I don't know if that means anything or not. Many QBs use fake line calls.

What you don't often hear is conversations at the line of scrimmage.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    2 years? Was vs the jets? When Rex the was hc? Longer then 2 years

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +455
    I think I heard Orange Bozo once a couple of years ago. The play failed. Never heard it since.

7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,726
    I marked that "funny" because of your reference to Rex Ryan. Despite recent success, I have a fairly low opinion of his coaching and the way in which he was hired by the Bills.

"New York Bozo" was evidently a "dummy" call (pun intended) from the 2014 season playoff game against the Cowboys:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ron-rodgers-explains-mystery-of-new-york-bozo

"Orange Bozo" from last season was evidently a dummy call as well:

http://wbay.com/2015/09/24/who-is-packers-orange-bozo/

Or are they really dummy calls? Or are these players just claiming they are? ;)

Again, these kinds of shenanigans are not uncommon with vet QBs. However, the seemingly casual conversations at the line of scrimmage noted in the OP are quite unusual.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  8. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +455
    So now that the whole world knows that New York Bozo and Orange Bozo means nothing, a new real call is coming "Dallas Bozo". Bomb to Janis for a TD!

9. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +939
    JANIS!!!!!:D:D:D:D

10. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    Bomb to anyone for a score. This offense has trended towards "celibacy" for much too long.

11. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Maybe AR needs to do a little more of this.....we were down to the Jets 21-3 right before this and won the game 31-24. hmmmmm

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,726
    That's a WR signal calling for a deep ball option: "smoke him if you've got him".

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. King of Jeans

King of Jeans Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +84
    new york bozo is a classic.

I always get excited when I hear him call blue 58

14. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,931
    See now I would have believed you if the scoreboard at the top of the TV screen in the image didn't say "3rd and goal" ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Maybe he has been calling "Olivia6*" to much?

16. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,726
    I guess that makes it a dummy signal. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,931
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    Kind of like Andre Agassi after he married Brook Shields.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,726
    How about McIlroy and Wozniaki? According to rumors, late nights with a bottle of Irish whiskey had more to do with it than the woman, so you never know. Causation or mere correlation? Of course if the woman drove him to drink that would qualify as an unvirtuous circle. ;)

20. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +562
    Aaron Rodgers is a guy that has mastered the art of the subtle jab. He's so sly it can be pretty hard to tell what is real or just perceived shots. This is the guy that after all is known for swigging Grape Crush at his post game interview a couple seasons ago after having beaten the Vikings 9 out of 10. And in varying ranges of subtleness went at Russell Wilson, John Kasich, and the NFL all on separate occasions. Orange bozo seems like an obvious one to me, but new york bozo I'm not totally positive on? And if you've never heard his exchanges with Kyle Vanden Bosch it's worth a listen lol

http://themajors.net/detroit/?p=5509

http://nesn.com/2014/11/aaron-rodgers-drinks-crush-grape-soda-after-beating-vikings-photo/
    http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/09/aaron-rodgers-takes-jab-russell-wilson-god-packers-fan
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/aaron-rodgers-john-kasich-zing-president-packers
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/aaron-rodgers-nfl-hall-of-fame-game-packers-preseason

21. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +519
    I was at that season opener and it started pretty dismal. Then we did a double TE set and threw to Jordy on a go route for a TD! Then they had a player ejected for taunting and all us fans we waving at him as he left through the Tunnel.
    Btw this was also the game Davante came to life, he looked like a starter that day! ;)

22. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +370
    True fact: My brother and father were at this game....... and didn't invite me :unsure:

23. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I really can't blame them, since I know who they gave their extra 3 tickets to. :coffee:

[​IMG]

24. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    When I played QB in high school football our cadence was a single digit number followed by a double digit number. So I used 3-19 due to Rodgers lol

25. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,632
    It seems like Rodgers was asking the offensive line "where y'all going" on that play.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...ther-classic-pre-snap-call-from-aaron-rodgers