1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Rodgers could miss 1-2 weeks because of hamstring injury

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IronMan, Dec 5, 2007.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Oh Boy... don't tell me this kid will be plaqued by the injury bug... a Half of game last year.. out for the year... a little over half this year... and injuried again. ;)

3. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Geeeez, has his chance to possibly get some playing time and his injured. Laaaame.

Here's to Grant having a great day!!

4. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's not breaking Favre's record.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, hopefully we'll get a lead early and see Nall throw a few passes. I've always liked Nall.

Of course, I want Rodgers to be Favre's successor. I'm just saying I'd like to see Nall throw the ball a little.

6. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought you were the 4th string guy Zombie? Any chance at a few reps?

:)

7. Packerfan4Life

Packerfan4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Could Favre and Rogers be anymore dissimilar? Rogers has had significant playing time in 2 games and gotten injured in both! I did like what I saw though...

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't get your smiley at the end of your post. Happy he is hurt? Proud Favre is a GOD and the kid is mortal? Hmm..

Broken foot and a hamstring injury. 1 was a freak occurance and the other is a common injury(He probably wasn't expecting to play. If you were Favre's backup...would you?)

I wouldn't call him injury prone just yet.

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Check a again.. it is a wink.. sarcasm... kinda like a weird freak coincidence. Are you kidding with the hurt comment... Tromadz looking to pick a fight today?

I don't worship Favre.. just he is the better option at this point. You gotta get off that kick..

BTW ... he hurt it in practice.. not the game... What was he not expecting to practice with Favre nursing an injury?

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    it says he was hurt in practice today, not in the dallas game.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    all right then.

12. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well as bozz suggested, the injury occurred during practice and not the Dallas game...

Also, let's say that he was injured in the Dallas game. Both times Rodgers has played, he's had terrible o-line play in front of him. In the Dallas game, the o-line improved as the game went on, but the o-line play can only be classified as below-average at best.

13. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Regardless of how or when Rodgers got injured, the bottom line is he isn't much use to the team if he can't play when needed. If Brett's healthy, Aaron can hold a clipboard just fine with a hamstring injury. If not, we need a backup QB who can stay healthy.

14. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    ....soft. :lol:

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My knee's been bothering me. Probably not, unless something really bad happens.

16. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn....I was feeling good about our back up situation just in case Brett got hit during the game. You know every team will be going after him harder now. If they see a weakness in GB (like Favre still nursing wounds) they will attack that weakness. With Rogers as a threat they may not be so quick to attack. Now I don't know. We have to protect Brett. The line must step up the next few weeks until both are healthy. I can't imagine playing a few games with neither of them.

17. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So rodgers is out Farve could be out does that mean craig nail could start at QB if so What sort of gameplan so we go for

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He doesn't seem to be able to make it through a game. It's a shame, as he looks like he's talented. But if he can't stay on the field for even a game, he's not gonna be much good as a backup........even less as a starter.
    Can't help but wonder if this was the reak reason they went after Nall. Maybe he WAS injured during the Dallas game.

19. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre's starting.

20. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Let's just hope Brett's shoulder, forearm, and ankle will hold together with some superglue and duct tape! :lol:

21. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    uuuuggghhhhhhh.......

22. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Packer Fans are the most passionate in the N.F.L.

However.... I swear... By "Percentage" Packer Fans must have the most negative, doom thinking, judgemental, critical, pessimistic, gloomy and cynical fans in the N.F.L.

Some Packer Fans love this team and cherish the memories. They look at the win record of this team, they are in bliss that this team is going to the Playoffs.

Other Packer Fans are be happy complain, bitch and look at the negative.

It is not in their make up to be happy and positive.. They are the people who bitch about life. Some people bitch about the weather, they say it is too hot. They say it is too cold. They say it is too muggy. Bitching about the weather and life is a degree they have from the University of Negativity.

Christ... If it was not for bad weather most people in this world would not know how to start a conversation with a stranger. Think about it.

Our first round draft pick is injury prone. He pulled a "Hammy" what a freaking loser. He is no Brett.

Get Real People. Aaron has talent, skill and is a good student.

I ask you this question. Think about it.....

Throw out last year... It is too soon to judge.

What first round Q.B. would you choose to replace Aaron Rodgers as the Packers first round Q.B. pick since the Packers picked Aaron.

Alex Smith? Jason Campbell? Vince Young? Matt Leinart? Jay Cutler?

Cutler is a tie... But I would take Aaron in a heart beat over any of the others, even Young although when he was drafted I thought he was GOD.

Your bitching about Aaron, your negativity, and your doom and gloom attitude amazes me. However that is life, and that is the 80/20 rule.

Some people will look at the hole in a donut, and others will look at the donut as a whole.

R.P.

23. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Get your donut holes here!

RP, though I agree with you, that has been the method operandi of the Packer fans all over. We win, they bitch, we lose, they bitch.

This forum makes us judgemental fault finders who are cynical, negative, and fearful.

It seems EVERYONE has an opinion on how the plays were terrible, or some player was terrible or the blocking was terrible, or why didn't we win by more points? It is as if they had an answer for the woes of the Packers.

Could it be self importance? Every fan wants to believe that he/she knows something about the game but complain about winning?

I know you are fed up with Rodgers bashing and personally I really couldn't care less about the guy but as a fan, if the Packers choose to have him be the heir apparent to the mighty #4, then what am I going to do about it? ALL the bitching in the world isn't going to change that.

The people who share the office right next to the locker room, initials MM, TT, etc know what they have... Just because I don't agree with a pick or a play call doesn't make them idiots and doesn't make them enemies.

Many of these people you speak of feel the same way about their lives, wives, jobs, family, and friends.

But then, it is their opinion, and if that matters to them, they have this cyber space to voice it and get their little piece of self importance. I don't think that they represent the majority of the Packer fans. At least I hope not.

24. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    NOW... This is a wise, informative, response to a post.

This is what this forum should be about.

Thank You OB1

R.P.

25. axelred13

axelred13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't be much of a forum if we didn't bitch or moan.