Rodgers could miss 1-2 weeks because of hamstring injury

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Injury update
It turns out quarterback Aaron Rodgers has a hamstring injury and could miss a week or two. That was the reason Rodgers left practice after only one period earlier today.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Rodgers sustained the injury on the last play of Tuesday's practice.

With Brett Favre limited to only a few throws early in practice, No. 3 quarterback Craig Nall took all of the team reps. Nall was signed on Saturday and likely will serve as the primary backup on Sunday against the Raiders.

McCarthy said Favre is expected to take more passing reps tomorrow.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Oh Boy... don't tell me this kid will be plaqued by the injury bug... a Half of game last year.. out for the year... a little over half this year... and injuried again. ;)

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Geeeez, has his chance to possibly get some playing time and his injured. Laaaame.

Here's to Grant having a great day!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, hopefully we'll get a lead early and see Nall throw a few passes. I've always liked Nall.

Of course, I want Rodgers to be Favre's successor. I'm just saying I'd like to see Nall throw the ball a little.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, hopefully we'll get a lead early and see Nall throw a few passes. I've always liked Nall.

Of course, I want Rodgers to be Favre's successor. I'm just saying I'd like to see Nall throw the ball a little.

I thought you were the 4th string guy Zombie? Any chance at a few reps?

:)

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could Favre and Rogers be anymore dissimilar? Rogers has had significant playing time in 2 games and gotten injured in both! I did like what I saw though...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Boy... don't tell me this kid will be plaqued by the injury bug... a Half of game last year.. out for the year... a little over half this year... and injuried again. ;)

I don't get your smiley at the end of your post. Happy he is hurt? Proud Favre is a GOD and the kid is mortal? Hmm..

Broken foot and a hamstring injury. 1 was a freak occurance and the other is a common injury(He probably wasn't expecting to play. If you were Favre's backup...would you?)

I wouldn't call him injury prone just yet.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

I don't get your smiley at the end of your post. Happy he is hurt? Proud Favre is a GOD and the kid is mortal? Hmm..

Broken foot and a hamstring injury. 1 was a freak occurance and the other is a common injury(He probably wasn't expecting to play. If you were Favre's backup...would you?)

I wouldn't call him injury prone just yet.

Check a again.. it is a wink.. sarcasm... kinda like a weird freak coincidence. Are you kidding with the hurt comment... Tromadz looking to pick a fight today?

I don't worship Favre.. just he is the better option at this point. You gotta get off that kick..

BTW ... he hurt it in practice.. not the game... What was he not expecting to practice with Favre nursing an injury?

Reaction score
Could Favre and Rogers be anymore dissimilar? Rogers has had significant playing time in 2 games and gotten injured in both! I did like what I saw though...

Well as bozz suggested, the injury occurred during practice and not the Dallas game...

Also, let's say that he was injured in the Dallas game. Both times Rodgers has played, he's had terrible o-line play in front of him. In the Dallas game, the o-line improved as the game went on, but the o-line play can only be classified as below-average at best.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of how or when Rodgers got injured, the bottom line is he isn't much use to the team if he can't play when needed. If Brett's healthy, Aaron can hold a clipboard just fine with a hamstring injury. If not, we need a backup QB who can stay healthy.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

I thought you were the 4th string guy Zombie? Any chance at a few reps?

:)

My knee's been bothering me. Probably not, unless something really bad happens.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn....I was feeling good about our back up situation just in case Brett got hit during the game. You know every team will be going after him harder now. If they see a weakness in GB (like Favre still nursing wounds) they will attack that weakness. With Rogers as a threat they may not be so quick to attack. Now I don't know. We have to protect Brett. The line must step up the next few weeks until both are healthy. I can't imagine playing a few games with neither of them.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't seem to be able to make it through a game. It's a shame, as he looks like he's talented. But if he can't stay on the field for even a game, he's not gonna be much good as a backup........even less as a starter.
Can't help but wonder if this was the reak reason they went after Nall. Maybe he WAS injured during the Dallas game.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's just hope Brett's shoulder, forearm, and ankle will hold together with some superglue and duct tape! :lol:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Fans are the most passionate in the N.F.L.

However.... I swear... By "Percentage" Packer Fans must have the most negative, doom thinking, judgemental, critical, pessimistic, gloomy and cynical fans in the N.F.L.

Some Packer Fans love this team and cherish the memories. They look at the win record of this team, they are in bliss that this team is going to the Playoffs.

Other Packer Fans are be happy complain, ***** and look at the negative.

It is not in their make up to be happy and positive.. They are the people who ***** about life. Some people ***** about the weather, they say it is too hot. They say it is too cold. They say it is too muggy. *****ing about the weather and life is a degree they have from the University of Negativity.

Christ... If it was not for bad weather most people in this world would not know how to start a conversation with a stranger. Think about it.

Our first round draft pick is injury prone. He pulled a "Hammy" what a freaking loser. He is no Brett.

Get Real People. Aaron has talent, skill and is a good student.

I ask you this question. Think about it.....

Throw out last year... It is too soon to judge.

What first round Q.B. would you choose to replace Aaron Rodgers as the Packers first round Q.B. pick since the Packers picked Aaron.

Alex Smith? Jason Campbell? Vince Young? Matt Leinart? Jay Cutler?

Cutler is a tie... But I would take Aaron in a heart beat over any of the others, even Young although when he was drafted I thought he was GOD.

Your *****ing about Aaron, your negativity, and your doom and gloom attitude amazes me. However that is life, and that is the 80/20 rule.

Some people will look at the hole in a donut, and others will look at the donut as a whole.

R.P.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get your donut holes here!

RP, though I agree with you, that has been the method operandi of the Packer fans all over. We win, they *****, we lose, they *****.

This forum makes us judgemental fault finders who are cynical, negative, and fearful.

It seems EVERYONE has an opinion on how the plays were terrible, or some player was terrible or the blocking was terrible, or why didn't we win by more points? It is as if they had an answer for the woes of the Packers.

Could it be self importance? Every fan wants to believe that he/she knows something about the game but complain about winning?

I know you are fed up with Rodgers bashing and personally I really couldn't care less about the guy but as a fan, if the Packers choose to have him be the heir apparent to the mighty #4, then what am I going to do about it? ALL the *****ing in the world isn't going to change that.

The people who share the office right next to the locker room, initials MM, TT, etc know what they have... Just because I don't agree with a pick or a play call doesn't make them idiots and doesn't make them enemies.

Many of these people you speak of feel the same way about their lives, wives, jobs, family, and friends.

But then, it is their opinion, and if that matters to them, they have this cyber space to voice it and get their little piece of self importance. I don't think that they represent the majority of the Packer fans. At least I hope not.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get your donut holes here!

RP, though I agree with you, that has been the method operandi of the Packer fans all over. We win, they *****, we lose, they *****.

This forum makes us judgemental fault finders who are cynical, negative, and fearful.

It seems EVERYONE has an opinion on how the plays were terrible, or some player was terrible or the blocking was terrible, or why didn't we win by more points? It is as if they had an answer for the woes of the Packers.

Could it be self importance? Every fan wants to believe that he/she knows something about the game but complain about winning?

I know you are fed up with Rodgers bashing and personally I really couldn't care less about the guy but as a fan, if the Packers choose to have him be the heir apparent to the mighty #4, then what am I going to do about it? ALL the *****ing in the world isn't going to change that.

The people who share the office right next to the locker room, initials MM, TT, etc know what they have... Just because I don't agree with a pick or a play call doesn't make them idiots and doesn't make them enemies.

Many of these people you speak of feel the same way about their lives, wives, jobs, family, and friends.

But then, it is their opinion, and if that matters to them, they have this cyber space to voice it and get their little piece of self importance. I don't think that they represent the majority of the Packer fans. At least I hope not.

NOW... This is a wise, informative, response to a post.

This is what this forum should be about.

Thank You OB1

R.P.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts