Rival Watch

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong again as usual lol
He's not completely wrong. Yes The Rams do have some impressive wins, but they also do have some bad losses like
San Fran, and Miami. Hell, Buffalo was able to drop 35 on them. This team is good, but they can absolutely be had. (Obviously but still) I don't see a team in the NFC that is head and shoulders better than everyone.

On a side note, Idk why everyone is all of a sudden on The Saints bandwagon in regards to the media.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not completely wrong. Yes The Rams do have some impressive wins, but they also do have some bad losses like
San Fran, and Miami. Hell, Buffalo was able to drop 35 on them. This team is good, but they can absolutely be had. (Obviously but still) I don't see a team in the NFC that is head and shoulders better than everyone.

On a side note, Idk why everyone is all of a sudden on The Saints bandwagon in regards to the media.

Buffalo and Miami are not bad teams and people should stop pretending they are considering one is 7-3 and is likely to win the AFC East, and the other is right behind them. And the 49ers and Rams usually always split the series because they're rivals and that's how it goes.

Anyway, it's just stupid to keep bringing up the whole 4-0 against NFC East teams stat because it's meaningless. Other wins...

Kicked the Bears butts doing a number on their defense

Pulled the plug on the Seahawks offense

And went on the road against the Bucs and passed that test with flying colors

As to the media on the Saints bandwagon... I don't even watch weekday media so I don't care. But when you keep on winning despite Brees going down, well I gotta tip my cap to that.

Either way, between the Rams and Saints, I'd say when healthy we could beat them both, but neither should be downplayed.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As to the media on the Saints bandwagon... I don't even watch weekday media so I don't care. But when you keep on winning despite Brees going down, well I gotta tip my cap to that.

While it was just one game this season, it was 5 straight games last season and I agree, that is impressive. How many games last season or this season would the Packers have won without Rodgers? Of course the Saints have a lot more capable backups in Bridgewater last season and Hill this season. :whistling:

Long story short.....the Packers once again are mainly relying on Aaron Rodgers and his health.

Of course someone will now try to convince me that the Packers would be better off without Adams and Rodgers. :coffee:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it was just one game this season, it was 5 straight games last season and I agree, that is impressive. How many games last season or this season would the Packers have won without Rodgers? Of course the Saints have a lot more capable backups in Bridgewater last season and Hill this season. :whistling:

Long story short.....the Packers once again are mainly relying on Aaron Rodgers and his health.

Of course someone will now try to convince me that the Packers would be better off without Adams and Rodgers. :coffee:
Couldn’t give an agreed and a funny so... I settled on funny

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I mean I'm not sure how well the Seahawks would fare without Russell Wilson, or the Raiders without Carr, and even though the Steelers O did ok without Rothlisberger last year, they still didn't make the playoffs. And of course the Patriots' Cam Newton experiment isn't exactly going great. So ... I doubt the Packers are the only ones who would struggle without their star.

However, I would consider Payton by far the best backup QB magic worker. I had wanted the Packers to pick up Bridgewater after the Vikes dropped him because I felt he could run McCarthy's offense just fine. And Payton knew what he was doing with him. Now picking up Winston... well I don't know if he's as smart as Bridgewater, and probably wouldn't be the guy you want taking over once Brees retires. But between using his gadget QB plus having a solid defense on the other end... yeah they know how to win games down there.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have a strong suspicion that we may have to run the table to get the number one seed.

That's entirely possible as the Saints only have the Chiefs left as their only opponent with a winning record.

Wrong again as usual lol

It seems you have a hard time understanding the difference between a fact and an opinion.

Anyway, it's just stupid to keep bringing up the whole 4-0 against NFC East teams stat because it's meaningless.

It's not meaningless when evaluating the quality of their wins. The Rams posted two impressive wins over the past two weeks, definitely moving up the ranks in the process.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
#1 seed watch:

*not considering teams with 5 or more losses at this point*

Packers remaining schedule:

Eagles
@ Lions
Panthers
Titans
@ Bears

The Packers are well on course to secure the division, being up 3 games on the Bears and Vikings with just 5 games to go. This division will belong to the Packers.

Not exactly murderer's row of opponents to finish up either.

Saints remaining schedule:

@ Falcons
@ Eagles
Chiefs
Vikings
@ Panthers

It will be difficult, but not impossible, for the Saints to lose the division at this point. The Saints are 2 games up on the Bucs with 5 to go, but really they're 3 games up due to owning the tie breaker.

And the Packers have the tie breaker on the Saints, which is huge. In my opinion, we should want for the Saints to win the South as I don't like the way the Packers matchup with the Bucs.

Their schedule can hardly be classified as easy with the Chiefs, a surging Falcons team, and a Vikings team that's won 4 of its last 5.

Seahawks remaining schedule:

@ Eagles (tonight)
Giants
Jets
@ Football Team
Rams
@ 49ers

Tough to get a gauge on how the West is going to go, as there are 3 teams within 1.5 games. If the Seahawks and Packers finish with the same record, it'll come down to conference record tie breaker, which is similar at this point. Or potentially the common games tiebreaker. Regardless, a big performance by the Eagles tonight would go a long way in complicating the Seahawks' path to a tiebreaker against the Packers. They also have some games against teams with poor records, but have been playing well of late.

Rams remaining schedule:

@ Cardinals
Patriots
Jets
@ Seahawks
Cardinals

The Rams have lost twice to the 49ers, which complicates their ability to win a common games tiebreaker with the Packers.

Their schedule is difficult in comparison to these other finishing schedules, even though they have essentially a guaranteed win against the Jets.

Overall, I think the Packers are sitting in a very nice position to contend for the 1 seed.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Seahawks remaining schedule:
@ Eagles (tonight)
Packers remaining schedule:
Eagles
Saints remaining schedule:
@ Falcons
@ Eagles
sucks to be the Eagles their next three games.

ETA: they lost to the 8-3 Browns last week and play Arizona after the Saints. Really tough 5 game schedule.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ETA: they lost to the 8-3 Browns last week and play Arizona after the Saints. Really tough 5 game schedule.

just let that sink in for a second. The browns 8-3. Did I hear it right last night, they have the 5th best record in the league. Only 3 teams with more wins

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just let that sink in for a second. The browns 8-3. Did I hear it right last night, they have the 5th best record in the league. Only 3 teams with more wins
Just heard someone on tv say their wins have come against teams with very poor records

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, no help last night. There are always upsets, but it's very likely that both the Saints and Seahawks have only one tough game each left. I still think we need to win out to get number one seed.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless, a big performance by the Eagles tonight would go a long way in complicating the Seahawks' path to a tiebreaker against the Packers.

Think their season is done. I don't think Wentz will get to the field against us..... unless Hurts sucks even more.

DK Metcalf torched Darius Slay last night. Though I'm always sceptical against bird team's, I think we have advantage both sides of the Ball.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Think their season is done. I don't think Wentz will get to the field against us..... unless Hurts sucks even more.

DK Metcalf torched Darius Slay last night. Though I'm always sceptical against bird team's, I think we have advantage both sides of the Ball.
B4 the game Scarwtz? Def coach went to DK and said

I coached calvin Johnson aka megatron in Detroit..you arent there yet.

Lit a fire under him

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
B4 the game Scarwtz? Def coach went to DK and said

I coached calvin Johnson aka megatron in Detroit..you arent there yet.

Lit a fire under him

Metcalf is one scary (to the other 31 teams) WR and every time I get to see him play, he seems to have improved. I will never question the pick of Elgton Jenkins, but I would definitely give up Savage or Gary to have DK.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Metcalf is one scary (to the other 31 teams) WR and every time I get to see him play, he seems to have improved. I will never question the pick of Elgton Jenkins, but I would definitely give up Savage or Gary to have DK.

This mindset I think 9 out of 10 people would agree with you now in hindsight. That number however I bet is no greater than 3 if you asked those same people pre-draft; with the caveat the people asked actually know and analyze players - I know many that would merely look at positions and say WR blindly.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This mindset I think 9 out of 10 people would agree with you now in hindsight. That number however I bet is no greater than 3 if you asked those same people pre-draft; with the caveat the people asked actually know and analyze players - I know many that would merely look at positions and say WR blindly.

I actually went back to our 2019 Draft talk to look at opinions on Metcalf. While I didn't read everything, sadly, our old friend Brandon seemed to be the one who jumped out at me that was most enthused by DK. Of course he was enthused about Paris Campbell, so I guess its kind of a wash. :D

The consensus at the time seemed to be that DK wasn't worth a first round pick, which is where a few mock drafts had him going. Many thought his freakish athleticism and speed wouldn't translate all that well in the NFL due to not being a very polished route runner at Ole Miss.

All I know is he was the 9th WR selected in that draft and I do believe he will go down as one of the biggest steals of that draft.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I read about Matt Patricia, the more he comes across as a d*ck. No wonder the team was happy to see him go. He'd have made for a toxic locker room.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The more I read about Matt Patricia, the more he comes across as a d*ck. No wonder the team was happy to see him go. He'd have made for a toxic locker room.

You mean you didn't see that Pettine was fired and replaced with Patricia? :roflmao::whistling:

Members online