Rival Watch

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a conspiracy theory! Probably rigged instant replay machines to benefit the Seahawks as well. This stems all the way back from 2016 no doubt and the collusion is wide spread, even includes the red teams! :whistling:

You've got to wonder sometimes with all the calls that go the Seahawks way at home.

D

Deleted member 6794

While that is possible I would think there's a higher chance that we both lose one more game. If we do it's probably this week against the colts and the Seahawks like you said would be vs the Rams or the 49ers. In that scenario the Packers win by conference record.

If both the Packers and Seahawks lose another game in the regular season Green Bay will end up with a better record.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Meantime... Mike McCarthy had better hope this narrative is true or the heat will come down on his head

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article247345649.html

This says it all:

"The Cowboys are just 1½ games behind the Eagles (3-5-1) in the division race."

What a pathetic division. I wish this was the year that the NFC North were playing all the East teams.

Today though, I am putting on my Cowboys hat and hoping they embarrass the Vikings in Minneapolis.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do too, but damn they'd better be backing up that talk and playing like they believe it.

I mean, I still think Cousins is about as much of a big game bust as you can get, but Dalton has been no better on that so far.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I do too, but damn they'd better be backing up that talk and playing like they believe it.

I mean, I still think Cousins is about as much of a big game bust as you can get, but Dalton has been no better on that so far.

Dalton is actually the kind of backup QB I would love to have in GB. Smart, experienced veteran with a ton of starts under his belt, nearing the end of his career. He only cost the Cowboys $3M, which to me is pretty cheap insurance at the most important position in Football. I have really disliked the approach the Packers have take with their backup QB's, especially in seasons where you think you will be competing for the Super Bowl. They are just fortunate that Rodgers has only had one season where he was lost for a number of games. At which time we all got to see just how terrible Hundley really was.

The mistake the Vikings made was that they were so desperate for a great starting QB, they overpaid Cousins, thinking that he was just that. Cousins isn't terrible by any means, but to pay him top money when they acquired him, dumb.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering, does it still look like a ton of money that they paid him?

D

Deleted member 6794

Dalton is actually the kind of backup QB I would love to have in GB. Smart, experienced veteran with a ton of starts under his belt, nearing the end of his career. He only cost the Cowboys $3M, which to me is pretty cheap insurance at the most important position in Football.

Especially considering Love is counting $2.25 million towards the Packers cap while not being active on game day.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Especially considering Love is counting $2.25 million towards the Packers cap while not being active on game day.
LOL....I should have known that was coming. :D I am sure you were saying that when Aaron Rodgers was drafted in 2005 and sat on the bench for 3 years. ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

LOL....I should have known that was coming. :D I am sure you were saying that when Aaron Rodgers was drafted in 2005 and sat on the bench for 3 years. ;)

No, I wasn't. We didn't have access to the internet in our forest cities here in Austria at that point :roflmao:

As a side note, Rodgers was at least sitting on the bench during his rookie season and not in the stands.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No, I wasn't. We didn't have access to the internet in our forest cities here in Austria at that point :roflmao:

As a side note, Rodgers was at least sitting on the bench during his rookie season and not in the stands.
I think I see Love over there on the sidelines during games, breaking a sweat, carrying Boyle's helmet no doubt. ;)

Just to be clear, I wasn't in favor of Love being drafted either. I am with you, I was expecting and wanting a need pick, not a best value pick there, especially coming off a 13-3 year when you aren't in rebuild mode. However, I am willing to wait and see how Love turns out before I am going to agree with you that it was a failed pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

However, I am willing to wait and see how Love turns out before I am going to agree with you that it was a failed pick.

Just to be clear as well, it would be way premature to consider Love a failed pick.
It's no secret I would have liked the Packers to use this year's first rounder on a different position though.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we're back to being third seed.We'd have to blow the division to finish any lower than that . As of now, our first opponent would be Tampa.
I have a strong suspicion that we may have to run the table to get the number one seed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Their defensive line looked amazing. And they have good receivers. That Cooper Cupp is really good.

Yup and they scare me just as much, if not more than TB does. Those are the Defenses that give Rodgers fits.

I was salivating last night imaging a duel of Adams and Cooper. The Rams are loaded at WR. Woods, Cooper, Reynolds and Rookie Van Jefferson. Just fricking crazy how stacked some teams are at the position.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup and they scare me just as much, if not more than TB does. Those are the Defenses that give Rodgers fits.

I was salivating last night imaging a duel of Adams and Cooper. The Rams are loaded at WR. Woods, Cooper, Reynolds and Rookie Van Jefferson. Just fricking crazy how stacked some teams are at the position.

I'd probably still rather play them than the Bucs. Just something about that matchup that seems better than having to face the Bucs again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts