1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rituals

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by realcaliforniacheese, Dec 4, 2011.

1. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I have been hearing about people not shaving while the pack are unbeaten and I am guessing we all have our own rituals for gameday. I put on my Raji jersey, my hard hat, beads, the Lambeau Field ticket holder with the ticket from the opener at Lambeau this year. I have a Lucky river rock that a woman painted the G logo on before the Super Bowl last year. I rub it for luck and it has worked for 13 games so far. I will keep rubbing it for another 7 this year.

So whats your ritual??

2. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    I like to remind myself, "We're the Green Bay Packers, We'll win." :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    Haven't shaved this entire season. Hopefully, I won't be shaving until sometime after February 5th.

4. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    I have a Packer tank top that I bought right after we got into the playoffs last season. I've worn it for EVERY SINGLE one of our 16 straight wins (since the playoffs), and I'm convinced it has some sort of influence on how we play, haha.

I know it's ridiculous, but the night we played Atlanta I accidentally wore just a Packer t-shirt and not the tank top, and as I was running late getting home from a study session, we immediately were behind in the game. Once I got home, put on the tank top, the momentum shifted. Now it's elevated to a fear of not wearing the illustrious tank top to the point where I made myself wear it to both games I attended underneath my brand new A-Rod Super Bowl jersey. I know it's superstition and a wonderful coincidence, but a small part of me has bought in to it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    Let me buy you one of those fire proof safes so that you can keep it in there.
    We don't want it to get lost, stolen or damaged.

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    Nothing major. I'll just put on one of my two Packers T-shirts (One is green and the other is yellow/gold) that I scored at a thrift store.

7. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    Mine is a choice of jersey - match the color of the jersey the team is wearing. So I go with my green Rodgers or Driver jersey if they're at home, my white Jennings or Kuhn jersey if they're on the road, and my blue Matthews jersey for the throwback game. Also last year I decided to go with the blue Matthews jersey for the whole playoff run, so I'll be going with it again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    That'll make a nice gift for the holidays :p

9. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    I do change the volume on the TV during games.
    Like I'll put it at 19 for 19-0
    or 14 for 14 championships
    or 12 for this being game no.12 of the season....
    weird little things like that during the timeouts/commercials... finger nail biting.