Richard Sherman--a new low in Class

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is what Sherman did any worse, or lower class, than Wes Welker taking out a defenseless receiver.
Welker on the other hand, runs a route with no purppse other than smashing into a corner's ribs in the hopes of laying the guy out....
Walker gets targeted like that EVERY SINGLE TIME he catches a pass.

What he did to Talib was 100% fine.
He didn't go up high and hit him in the head.
He didn't go low and hit him in the knee, like the guy did to Cobb or Gronkowski or 2 guys have done to Brian Cushing to end 2 seasons in a row.

I hate Belichick, and for what Welker has done now, Wes is my new favorite player not on the Packers.
100% clean play. Talib ran into him trying to chase Demaryius Thomas instead of switching like the other Patriot DB was doing, avoiding the pileup.
Great pick play. Packers run a lot of pick plays and they work if run well.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you get any of the background of this? If you're putting Crabtree in the "classy" category, you are wrong. Quite honestly, Crabtree started it.
Why does there have to be one right and one wrong? Crabtree is wrong and so is Sherman.

As far as Trent Williams punching Sherman - it doesn't make Sherman right if Williams is wrong. It doesn't make Williams right if Sherman is wrong. Sherman put himself into that position, and was literally asking for it. That is the price you pay for your behavior. If you are a drug dealer, guess what? You are putting yourself in a position to get your *** shot. That comes with the territory, and I won't feel sorry for you if you do get shot. If you are a hard working janitor and you get shot - that is a tragedy, you didn't deserve that.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Where is the ******** button when you need one ??

Standing in front of another player congratulating them on a good game is the same as being a drug dealer ? Sherman at worse is a cocky opinionated and confident young player. THAT alone does not warrant being punched in the face in front of a crowd of people.....It`s not the pissing Wild West.
You could include quite a few people on the forum who forcibly make their point by SHOUTING ALL THE TIME, and calling other people stupid because another persons view is different from their own.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Standing in front of another player congratulating them on a good game
You honestly believe Richard Sherman's intention was to congratulate Crabtree? I thought it was quite obvious he had a completely different intention, as shown through the choking sign given later on.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is the ******** button when you need one ??

Standing in front of another player congratulating them on a good game is the same as being a drug dealer ? Sherman at worse is a cocky opinionated and confident young player. THAT alone does not warrant being punched in the face in front of a crowd of people.....It`s not the pissing Wild West.
You could include quite a few people on the forum who forcibly make their point by SHOUTING ALL THE TIME, and calling other people stupid because another persons view is different from their own.
Strawman at best - disingenuous in probability.

This had nothing to do with Sherman standing in front of a guy to congratulate him.

Did not equate to being a drug dealer. The idea regarding a person putting himself into a situation that will evoke repercussions whether the repercussions are just or not.

Example B: White guy gets gunned down in a nightclub predominately populated black clientele. Tradgedy? Maybe. What if the guy went in there wearing a *** hood and started yelling the N word? I would say, he got what he had coming. What the fu** did he expect? He is a responsible adult and should accept the position he put himself in. This in now way means the killer was justified - but there are a few bad seeds wherever you go - and the guy can expect in a room full of people he is about to insult, someone is going to take matters into their own hands.

And Richard Sherman, making all sorts of cocky condescending comments towards large angry and intensely competitive individuals gets punched in the face. I say, have at it. After all, the excuse that Sherman was all caught up in the moment should work for Williams as well, right? Sherman got what he deserved.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You honestly believe Richard Sherman's intention was to congratulate Crabtree? I thought it was quite obvious he had a completely different intention, as shown through the choking sign given later on.

I never said that. The congratulations comment was about the Redskin player incident. That said, how do you know what his intention was ? There is clearly bad blood between these two, but its reading on here from some of the comments that Crabtree is squeeky clean here. Crabtree raised his hands and pushed Shermans helmet. Its out of order during the game, and is out of order full stop. I wouldn`t go out of my way to engage Sherman in conversation, his personality isn`t to my taste personally but, that said, that incident did not show Crabtree in a good light. Mouthing off about the host city the week before, Appleton wasn`t it ? wasn`t classy either. I respect your opinion but I disagree with you on this one sorry.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker gets targeted like that EVERY SINGLE TIME he catches a pass.

What he did to Talib was 100% fine.
He didn't go up high and hit him in the head.
He didn't go low and hit him in the knee, like the guy did to Cobb or Gronkowski or 2 guys have done to Brian Cushing to end 2 seasons in a row.

I hate Belichick, and for what Welker has done now, Wes is my new favorite player not on the Packers.
100% clean play. Talib ran into him trying to chase Demaryius Thomas instead of switching like the other Patriot DB was doing, avoiding the pileup.
Great pick play. Packers run a lot of pick plays and they work if run well.

At no point did I say that play was illegal. I just said that it was a MUCH cheaper, classless play than Sherman talking after the game. Hitting an unsuspecting player, going full speed, with no intention other than laying a guy out is a cheap shot. How is what Welker did any different than Sapp on Clifton, other than size (yes,i know this stretching the example it really isn't that different)? Now, I'm pointing out Welker not to pick specifically on him, he's just the most recent/visible example of this type of play.

What Sherman did was let too much emotion get to him, he didn't even swear. That's not classless.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least he's not pulling out a gun and shooting someone like some players have done.
Really though. I dunno why so many are taking this so personally or act like it's illegal or the worst thing that they have ever seen happen that is sports related.
It's just harmless fun!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At no point did I say that play was illegal. I just said that it was a MUCH cheaper, classless play than Sherman talking after the game. Hitting an unsuspecting player, going full speed, with no intention other than laying a guy out is a cheap shot. How is what Welker did any different than Sapp on Clifton, other than size (yes,i know this stretching the example it really isn't that different)? Now, I'm pointing out Welker not to pick specifically on him, he's just the most recent/visible example of this type of play.

What Sherman did was let too much emotion get to him, he didn't even swear. That's not classless.
I got ya.... "bodily harm" vs "words"..... I agree with that aspect 100%, especially in this day & age "Oh that hurt my feelings, that offended me".... and I still do hate Warren Sapp for that hit on Clifton, which was a clear deliberate attempt to KO him.

Welker's was just a typical pick rub and he expected Aqib probably to cross deeper and avoid him.... they collided.

Couldn't have happened to a coach I hated more (except Carroll), and to be done BY THE PLAYER who had the balls to stand up to BB's BS in New England, and who screwed Brady by letting his EGO drive Walker away..... TO MANNING?
100% PRICELESS. My favorite moment of the weekend.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strawman at best - disingenuous in probability.

This had nothing to do with Sherman standing in front of a guy to congratulate him.

Did not equate to being a drug dealer. The idea regarding a person putting himself into a situation that will evoke repercussions whether the repercussions are just or not.

Example B: White guy gets gunned down in a nightclub predominately populated black clientele. Tradgedy? Maybe. What if the guy went in there wearing a *** hood and started yelling the N word? I would say, he got what he had coming. What the fu** did he expect? He is a responsible adult and should accept the position he put himself in. This in now way means the killer was justified - but there are a few bad seeds wherever you go - and the guy can expect in a room full of people he is about to insult, someone is going to take matters into their own hands.

And Richard Sherman, making all sorts of cocky condescending comments towards large angry and intensely competitive individuals gets punched in the face. I say, have at it. After all, the excuse that Sherman was all caught up in the moment should work for Williams as well, right? Sherman got what he deserved.
Sticks and stones and all that jazz; you know where I'm going with that. I have stated previously that I find Sherman an entertaining character, and he is in my mind. But I do agree that his mouth goes out of control at points. However, as I have also stated previously, I've yet to see Sherman take a swing at a player during or after a game and that is where I draw the line with what I view to be acceptable behavior. Watching the Fletcher incident it comes across as being very deliberate, hardly "heat of the moment". And by advocating for what Fletcher did you are actually perpetuating the false dichotomy that you're arguing against. Watch some of the NFL Network's show "Sound FX" there is plenty of :poop: talking going on in every game. Rarely does someone "take matters into their own hands". I suspect because the majority of NFL players understand too, that is an immature and childish reaction to a troll. You ignore trolls, don't feed them.

Last edited:

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dieon sanders called out Kap in his pc after the seattle loss for what he was wearing

I saw that on NFL Gameday Final. "What are you wearing? You are the face representing this organization and you are dressed like that? Come on, man!" It was awesome. Deion's right. Maybe the guy will mature over time, but he needs to represent his team more respectively. Well, it's there problem as the guy doesn't play for the Packers.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you get any of the background of this? If you're putting Crabtree in the "classy" category, you are wrong. Quite honestly, Crabtree started it.

Yeah, the guy who danced in front of the Packers' tunnel is anything but classy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hitting an unsuspecting player, going full speed, with no intention other than laying a guy out is a cheap shot. How is what Welker did any different than Sapp on Clifton, other than size (yes,i know this stretching the example it really isn't that different)?

Sapp was on the other side of the play, Welker was pretty close to the ball..Other than that, pretty much the same

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, another game where Sherman was being gracious and a good sport to the opposing team post game and an opposing player physically assaulting Sherman. In that instance too many people had negative things to say about Sherman over the incident.

Yeah, he was gracious and got an unwarranted punch in the face. He handled that a lot better than most would. He just seems like he gets hyped up and this is a game of emotion. So the antics after the play in the NFC Championship and the post game interview, I believe were just being amped up just after clenching the NFC and it is completely understandable. Yet, he is labeled as the bad guy even though he was shoved in the face by Crabtree. He just seems like a kid who gets hyped up and loves the game. He is a competitor and there is nothing wrong with that. Here's a pretty good clip.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts