Richard Sherman--a new low in Class

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Didn't see a "locker room" interview for Sherman on their site or played on the post-game show aired on the local Fox affiliate. Just the WWF style one then the post game podium.

They showed it on NFL-AM. He was wearing a suit with a bow tie...lol He actually came across well spoken and almost humble.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They showed it on NFL-AM. He was wearing a suit with a bow tie...lol He actually came across well spoken and almost humble.
The majority of the players do when they are talked to on the other 6 days of the week. Most of the stuff we see around game time is just an act for the cameras, much like Kaepernick.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it's fantastic that he keeps screaming that he is the best in the NFL. I'm sure that's exactly what he'll be screaming as the 49rs start talking to him about a contract extension! So, between him and Kasperpippylongstockings coming up, the "brilliant" 49er management team will have fun pulling this off! Good luck fellas!
Whom are you talking about in this post? Because Sherman plays for the Seahawks. You talking about Crabtree?

Last edited:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If someone is truly the best at what they do, they would not need to tell anyone.

I can't wait to watch Peyton Manning tear this obnoxious team apart in the Super Bowl.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Seahawks team should try to follow the model set by Marshawn Lynch, who actually appears to have a decent head on his shoulders.

D

Deleted member 6794

I just think it's fantastic that he keeps screaming that he is the best in the NFL. I'm sure that's exactly what he'll be screaming as the 49rs start talking to him about a contract extension! So, between him and Kasperpippylongstockings coming up, the "brilliant" 49er management team will have fun pulling this off! Good luck fellas!

Sherman's playing for the Seahawks.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we really comparing Muhammad Ali and this Seahawks cornerback? Please no....don't even.
No I'm not comparing them all all. Other than to point out that other people in sports have claimed to be the "best" at what they do and backed it up. Which contradicts your statement: "If someone is truly the best at what they do, they would not need to tell anyone." Sherman has been pretty damn good since coming into the league and has backed it up on a weekly basis. Ignore facts if you'd like. I'll just keep pointing them out though.

Last edited:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I'm not comparing them all all. Other than to point out that other people in sports have claimed to be the "best" at what they do and backed it up. Which contradicts your statement: "If someone is truly the best at what they do, they would not need to tell anyone."
Sherman has been pretty damn good since coming into the league and has backed it u on a weekly basis. Ignore facts if you'd like. I'll just keep pointing them out though.
As I said before, in Sherman's case it is simply not true. He is not the best cornerback in the NFL. Everyone will see that in the Super Bowl. #fake #exposed

You can continue to believe the self-produced hype if you'd like.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was thinking during his post-game interview. Now, how bout those Hawks fans coming out of the woodwork!
I can assume outside of the PNW a lot have suddenly appeared. Though up here, Seattle is a sports town and these guys are very passionate about their teams. At least from what I've seen since moving here in '09. Have yet to meet anyone that wasn't a fan already prior to my moving up here other than one of my friend's girlfriend and she didn't watch football at all until this year when my buddy started actively trying to get her into it.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said before, in Sherman's case it is simply not true. He is not the best cornerback in the NFL. Everyone will see that in the Super Bowl. #fake #exposed
#HashtagsDon'tWorkOnThisSite. Honestly it is an entirely subjective designation. I'd throw the Browns' CB Haden into the conversation as well. No you didn't caveat your statement saying that it only applied to Sherman. You stated very generally:
If someone is truly the best at what they do, they would not need to tell anyone.
All I did was share a single example of an athlete who was very outspoken about being "the best". I'm sure I can go back through sports history and find a plethora of additional examples if you'd like. However your quoted statement there is entirely off base and ignorant to the excess of examples counter to your opinion.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You can continue to believe the self-produced hype if you'd like.
I'm actually believing my eyes because I've seen the majority of his NFL games. Disagree all you like. That doesn't change facts.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#HashtagsDon'tWorkOnThisSite. Honestly it is an entirely subjective designation. I'd throw the Browns' CB Haden into the conversation as well. No you didn't caveat your statement saying that it only applied to Sherman. You stated very generally:

All I did was share a single example of an athlete who was very outspoken about being "the best". I'm sure I can go back through sports history and find a plethora of additional examples if you'd like. However your quoted statement there is entirely off base and ignorant to the excess of examples counter to your opinion.
I said, "If someone is truly the best at what they do, they would not need to tell anyone," and I stand by that statement. Muhammad Ali's example has no significance in Richard Sherman's example.

It's clear you are biased in favor of the Seahawks for some reason.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said, "If someone is truly the best at what they do, they would not need to tell anyone," and I stand by that statement. Muhammad Ali's example has no significance in Richard Sherman's example.

How not? The widely acknowledged, after the fact, best boxer ever certainly had to tell everyone that he was. All I'm saying is that your statement ignores sports history.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The only bias I have is to the facts regarding on field play. I just don't understand how people completely ignore a player's on field play and instead make judgments on them based on what they say in the media. It is entirely irrelevant.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

;)

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW
The background to the whole Crabtree thing seems to be that the bad blood started between the two in the off season when Crabtree allegedly tried to pick a fight with Sherman at a charity event when Sherman tried to shake his hand.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved his passion. I have no problem with his outburst. It was heat of the moment and football is an emotional game. That kind of passion and fire makes him one hell of a player.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's funny because Pete Carroll is nothing like that, at least from what I can gather from his media appearances. He's always gracious, soft spoken, jovial, and informative..

Good one. The "gracious, soft spoken, jovial" Carroll left USC in a shambles with his violations, and leads a team with 7 drug suspensions in the last couple seasons--not including Sherman's positive drug test that was thrown out (we all know how much Braun's appeal meant). To him, his players can do no wrong, which means that the rule of law means nothing to him; and his players have adopted the no-rules attitude. He's the archetypical charlatan. But he certainly is glib and engaging, as are most successful phonies.

Members online

Latest posts