Return of the wagon jumpers!

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, remember back a few years when the Packers let Favre go. Trading him to the Jets and stating the Rodgers Era. Well remember all of the "packer fans" who felt betrayed by TT or hurt or whatever you want to call it and figured they would now be "Favre fans" wherever or whoever #4 played for. WELL.... now #4 is pretty much all done... the Packers completed the sweep of his Vikings and their 2010 is a loss so.... I just wanted to put my thoughts on here and see if anyone on the forum is thinking the same thing I am.

And that is:

Beware the next few days or weeks because these "packer fan" wagon jumpers are going to want to get back on!

Favres done and the Pack seem to be rollin' at the moment so don't be suprised if you notice a bunch of people suddenly changing their tune!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Sh*t, you dont even need to go a few years back, try a few weeks when we were a .500 team.

Awesome!!! :viksux: I'll one up you on that... less than 24 hrs ago, when they tought they could go to the SB!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.**** the bandwagon fans and
2.**** the pessimists on here who said we would only win 6 games this season.

those 2 groups **** me off.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Green and gold is only for the people that cheer for the name on the front of the jersey and not the name on the back of it.

If you EVER cheered against the Packers, for any reason, you are not, nor will ever be, a Packer fan.

That is all.

Couldn't have said it better myself guys!:happy0005:

Granted we all have/had our favorite players,... but always always cheering for the TEAM!!!!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
At least he admitted to being wrong! :pardon:
I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceburg thats about to befall us all!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so looking forward to calling people like Hauschild out. Guy still posts on PFT about what a great warrior Brett Favre is and actively cheers for the Vikings while trying to convince people he's a Packer fan. Man I can't wait to serve that guy a big heaping pile.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with bandwagonners folks. When you got 'em it means you're doing well.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with bandwagonners folks. When you got 'em it means you're doing well.

Nothing wrong with band-wagoners per se, but there is something wrong with going to rooting for the Packers to rooting for the Vikings and then back to rooting for the Packers. I have no respect for fans who only root for teams that are good. I prefer fans who stay loyal to the team through good and bad times.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of them are probably just fans of Favre himself and therefore not anchored to any specific team as they choose to follow a single player rather than declare loyalties to an entire team. I'm guessing they followed him from the Packers to the Jets to the Vikings and wherever he goes from here, claiming fanship of those particular teams as he played for them. The true "Favre" fans may not come back to the Packers because their "Favre" is no longer a Packer. The dilemma will come for them when/ if he retires. Do they find a new team/ player to cheer for or not cheer for anybody at all now that Favre is no longer playing.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with band-wagoners per se, but there is something wrong with going to rooting for the Packers to rooting for the Vikings and then back to rooting for the Packers. I have no respect for fans who only root for teams that are good. I prefer fans who stay loyal to the team through good and bad times.
Yep, I get it, but even then, if they are fair weather fans they don't feel the depth of the victories as deeply.
Anybody who has ever, I mean EVER rooted for the Vikings is not, has never been, nor can ever be considered a Packers fan. Doubly so for the Bears.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Yep, I get it, but even then, if they are fair weather fans they don't feel the depth of the victories as deeply.
Anybody who has ever, I mean EVER rooted for the Vikings is not, has never been, nor can ever be considered a Packers fan. Doubly so for the Bears.

I've got to say..doubly so for the Vikings... but agree... has never nor could ever have been claimed as a Packer fan!

*funny I don't get so riled up if anyone cheers for the Lions... its kinda cute almost... like a little fuzzy kittttaaay!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I've got to say..doubly so for the Vikings... but agree... has never nor could ever have been claimed as a Packer fan!

*funny I don't get so riled up if anyone cheers for the Lions... its kinda cute almost... like a little fuzzy kittttaaay!
Yes, but that only goes so far, the Packers had serious trouble with Detroit in the early days. (60's)
Still, I had a "Duke" football from a field goal in a Packers game against Detroit. I have always had a special place in my heart for them as an opponent. Barry Sanders was a true professional.
Ah, the memories.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
wow thats awesome!!!!

I just think its precious that someone would root for the underdog like that!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind at all fair weather fans. I'm a Celtics fair weather fan, and I'm a Notre Dame fair weather fan. Well, it's not that I just cheer for them when they're winning, I don't pay much attention to them altogether.

I don't mind someone having a mild interest in the Packers, or only cheering when we're doing OK.

There are two conditions for that, though:

1) They have to NEVER have cheered against GB.
2) They have to keep their mouths shut when we're doing well. I'm not talking about complaying about management, complaining about players, etc... That's only natural. I'm talking about complaining about the BRAND, the SYMBOL that are the Green Bay Packers.

Other than that, I don't care if someone isn't as knowlegeable as most, if someone only watches when they're winning. Each knows what they've been through with the team, it's much more satisfying if you've believed the whole time, if you've suffered the whole time, if you've been the whole time, than it is just to get on the wagon when it's rolling. They know it, I know it. So why would I chastise them? Makes no sense.

Members online

Latest posts