Report: Aaron Rodgers return to Packers hinges on a trade for Randall Cobb

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would've never happened if Rodgers didn't hold out.

I agree that is likely. Cobb and Amari are VERY close, and it was made clear Gute wanted to add to the WR room last year. Small part of it all, but a part for sure.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I agree that is likely. Cobb and Amari are VERY close, and it was made clear Gute wanted to add to the WR room last year. Small part of it all, but a part for sure.
If they wouldn't keep Nelson and Cobb when Rodgers clearly didn't want them gone, I highly doubt Amari's relationship with Cobb means a hill of beans to the Packers.

Reaction score
Now for my thoughts...

I'll go to my grave saying this is DUMB unless they get him to restructure his deal...he is not worth his current contract.

Otherwise our WR room is DEEP!!!!
I know I’m with you. But man I’m excited if they can work smart and get him. Wouldn’t it be cool if Rodgers shaved a few million in negotiations to solidify a deal. Love Randall Cobb, we could have one of the best WR groups when the dust settles. Davante, Cobb, MVS, Amari, Funchess and Lazard to start things.. holy crap that’s a deep grouping.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I’m with you. But man I’m excited if they can work smart and get him. Wouldn’t it be cool if Rodgers shaved a few million in negotiations to solidify a deal. Love Randall Cobb, we could have one of the best WR groups when the dust settles.
The potential is there and I've shared other places...Lazard has proven to be an excellent possession type WR, Funchess if can reclaim some of what he was once is the same, MVS is one of the best pure DEEP THREATs presently, Cobb and Rodgers are both in their own rights excellent slot options (one young and other old in their teeth) and then Adams which is just insane in everything. That's not to mention guys like EQ who has had Aaron's support since he got here and dudes like Winfree or Malik Taylor who could be the year's surprise roster guy.

Reaction score
The potential is there and I've shared other places...Lazard has proven to be an excellent possession type WR, Funchess if can reclaim some of what he was once is the same, MVS is one of the best pure DEEP THREATs presently, Cobb and Rodgers are both in their own rights excellent slot options (one young and other old in their teeth) and then Adams which is just insane in everything. That's not to mention guys like EQ who has had Aaron's support since he got here and dudes like Winfree or Malik Taylor who could be the year's surprise roster guy.
You’d really almost have to thin the TE group to 3 (Tonyan, Lewis, Deguara) and fly with 7 WR.. then PS several TE and WR

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’d really almost have to thin the TE group to 3 and fly with 7 WR, then PS a couple.

I don't believe MLF will run with only 3 personally...possibly though as some of our WRs like Lazard and MVS have shown prowess to blocking. Our formations/offense rely on TEs often.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good presser.....as I expected, he was very good with his explanations and telling his side of things. Feel much better about the guy.

*Takes his jersey out of the firepit*

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
That's as good of an explanation as I could expect. I come away feeling like it wasn't as petty as the media made it sound, I believe him and he was pretty up front and straightforward. No cryptic messages, just here is what it was and he wasn't all wrong either.

I'm good, let's play ball!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As many, many of us said all along, if he was mature and not petty all of what he said today could have been said and eliminated the vast majority of BULLSHHHHHHH circulating out there. He chose to wait this long to speak on it, enjoying all the dumpster burning which was occurring.

If anyone thinks either side handled this whole thing well - I'd argue are choosing ignorance.

None of it matters though anymore for this year, the coaches and players are ready to rock and roll and folks that is a scary thing for the NFL - not a single other team was hoping Aaron Rodgers would be back with the Packers - not one.

LET'S GO! GO PACK GO!

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Cobb coming back?
I think this is a legit move in the right direction. Get some of that "we're getting the band back together" mojo back in the locker room.

Keeping #12 happy. Tou can spin it negative, but that's very important. And the call to move on from him too early was the real problem. Not Aaron.

Reaction score
I agree. It’s backpedaling because he knew the issue was the non clarification after draft night if not during.
The issue was never about us wanting a pudding throwing match through him responding. He never needed to say 1 word about any details. He did however need to come clean and say this was not his doing in any form AND he’s concerned that that was a very poor way for media to present that.
That’s not saying he’s right, that’s not saying he’s wrong, that’s not allowing any information whatever. it is however making clear he is condemning that story leak on draft night. Period. End of story. Luckily I read people like a book and I get paid nicely for that. I don’t believe him. I forgive him either way but that’s outright backpedaling. Have some guts and just say I’m sorry. Is it that hard?

We all make mistakes. Only some of us are man enough to admit it.

Let’s ball out and put this S behind us

Reaction score
Is Cobb coming back?
I think this is a legit move in the right direction. Get some of that "we're getting the band back together" mojo back in the locker room.

Keeping #12 happy. Tou can spin it negative, but that's very important. And the call to move on from him too early was the real problem. Not Aaron.
I agree with that but both of us put together don’t have 10% of the knowledge to build a team.

Love the fact if he gets Cobb back. I knew this was about Jordy and Cobb all along. Then his position coach. Then.. then .. then ..

What’s crazy is I AGREED with many of the reasons he was angry. To the point I stuck up for him!! He just went about this all wrong. He’s still not going to own up and he’s laying down his track cover. Just pettiness. Apologize and move on!

My old man was military and had some “Red” from that “1970’s Show” in him. Red would’ve laid into Rodgers for that little prissy Media bit snd he would’ve been 100% correct

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the one thing that may make me reconsider being a Packer fan. Once the inmates start running the asylum you have to wonder if it is time to move on.
You people continue to blow this thing ridiculously out of proportion.

Ok, granted the way things have gone with Rodgers all off-season it is understandable some may consider this to be yet another antic, but it really isn't. It's not like Rodgers is demanding OBJ or any other troublemaker come here, and in fact I'd say he's probably not demanding period. He probably heard or saw Cobb was potentially available for an affordable price and lobbied to get him here.

It's so funny because I don't recall anyone being upset when the Pack brought back Ahman Green briefly in 2009 or James Jones in 2015. This move is no different and definitely not unprecedented.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So the fact that cobb mentored amari and has been in his life for a long time had no bearing in this??

Rodgers pitched it as it would be a good weapon, but im sure he pitched how cobb could teach amari

This was a way to get rodgers back, but also a way to groom the next cobb
Thanks. That makes me feel better. I don't see Cobb's playing ability as a difference maker in the team's 2021 success yet but I now see some real potentially positive value in having him back. I still think the teams success is far more predicated on the o-line meshing, d-line improvement and guys like Martin, Barnes, Savage and Gary taking their next steps to improve the middle of the defense. As well as noticeable overall improvement in special teams play. I just think it's unlikely that the offense will be as proficient as last year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You people continue to blow this thing ridiculously out of proportion.

Ok, granted the way things have gone with Rodgers all off-season it is understandable some may consider this to be yet another antic, but it really isn't. It's not like Rodgers is demanding OBJ or any other troublemaker come here, and in fact I'd say he's probably not demanding period. He probably heard or saw Cobb was potentially available for an affordable price and lobbied to get him here.

It's so funny because I don't recall anyone being upset when the Pack brought back Ahman Green briefly in 2009 or James Jones in 2015. This move is no different and definitely not unprecedented.
Its diff because reports are wo cobb rodgers wouldnt be back

and you know this

Reaction score
Great news for my Packer family. Welcome home Cobb.
See y’all in 20 days! Peace out Packer family!

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like it may have been a 6th rounder and a 3 million dollar cap hit for us? Not bad I guess. I can live with that.