Replace a Player with a Player

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If you could take one player on our team who is the best at their position on the team and replace them with any other player in the NFL at that position, who would you pick?

So for example

Greg Jennings is our best receiver. What WR in the NFL would you replace him with?
Finley is our best Tight End. What TE in the NFL would you replace him with?
AJ Hawk (sadly) is our best ILB, what ILB would you replace him with?

Pick any top player at their position on the team you want and replace them with another player of the same position.

You can only pick one.

(yes I'm bored)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bishop is our best ILB, and I'd replace him with Patrick Willis.

I don't care, I'm doing two. Replace James Starks with Adrian Peterson.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm gonna go ILB too and replace either Hawk or Bishop with Brian Cushing or Patrick Willis

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Replace any or our safeties with a healthy Nick Collins. Yes, I miss that guy. I was at the game in Charlotte when he got hurt. It saddens me. :(

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers for me. Okay that will only last a play or two but if I can just get 1 week of his salary I would be happy.

If that is out of the realm its Patrick Willis for sure.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, what do I win?

Offense:

Brian Bulaga < Jake Long

Defense:

Desmond Bishop < Terrell Suggs

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense would be redic with gronk at TE.

But my pick is Revis for Woodson (or Williams)

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The offense would be redic with gronk at TE.

Pass on "Gronk" he's dumb as a brick. He'll probably die of syphilis before long if he keeps gronking skanky **** *****. Give me Jimmy Graham instead.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, what do I win?

Offense:

Brian Bulaga < Jake Long

Defense:

Desmond Bishop < Terrell Suggs
Lets see, you traded Bulaga, a very young ascending player, for an established and good OT. I'm not a Long fan, it is an upgrade, but I don't think it improves our team all that much. Personally, I would go with a RB.

Then you traded a good young ascending ILB for a guy who is probably out for the season but at best may come back half way through the season. Most players take a lot of time to come back from an Achilles injury and he will likely not be much of a factor this year. Additionally, Suggs will be over 30 by the time he comes back and probably his best days are behind him.

I really not a fan of either move.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Then you traded a good young ascending ILB for a guy who is probably out for the season but at best may come back half way through the season. Most players take a lot of time to come back from an Achilles injury and he will likely not be much of a factor this year. Additionally, Suggs will be over 30 by the time he comes back and probably his best days are behind him.

I really not a fan of either move.

Meaningless anyway, right?

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB: Rodgers
RB: Peterson (if he's healthy)
FB: Kuhn
WR: Megatron
TE: Gronk
T: Long
G: Nicks
C: Mangold
DE: Pierre-Paul
DT: Wilfork or Ngata
OLB: Suggs
MLB: Willis
CB: Woody
S: Berry
K: Janikowski
P: Lee

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo610 I gotta disagree w/you. I wouldn't want Revis playing for the Packers. The guy signs a 5 yr contract that's front loaded then going into his 3rd yr of the contract he wants to renogotiate. He's a big cry baby. I'd make him finish the current contract before talking about another. I don't care if he's the best in the NFL at his pos. he can deal w/it

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?h2geom

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo610 I gotta disagree w/you. I wouldn't want Revis playing for the Packers. The guy signs a 5 yr contract that's front loaded then going into his 3rd yr of the contract he wants to renogotiate. He's a big cry baby. I'd make him finish the current contract before talking about another. I don't care if he's the best in the NFL at his pos. he can deal w/it

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?h2geom

This may surprise you but the jets always have problems bc they have always been a poorly run team. You are right they front loaded the contract, they knew they would have problems since in year three he makes a fraction of what he made the year before.

Lots of great players throw fits about their contract, but at the end of the day it's business, and I respect the players right to handle his. Woodson would throw a fit about the same contract of he had it. Driver is our most beloved packer and even he has huffed and puffed about money on an occasion or two.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
a player like Pierre-Paul could easily adapt. Talent is talent.

JPP is a great player but I question exactly how talented he is. He plays on a defensive line with Tuck and Umeniyora. You can only block so many talented pass rushers at a time.

He has a great build for a pass rusher and he's very athletic, but he's definitely a beneficiary of playing next to other great linemen.

I'd easily take Ngata or Justin Smith over JPP

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts