Reggie White should be in 2005 class for NFL Hall of Fame

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of respect for Reggie , the Hall should wave the 5 year waiting period and put Reggie in with the 2005 class . He was the best DE in history and will go in as a Packer . He had 8 great years in Phily but the 6 he spent in GB was the most memorable - 2 SB's and a ring -3 sacks in the '97 SB vs NE - a SB record . I'll never forget when GB signed Reggie , i couldn't wait to see him in the Green and Gold and man did he put on a show he was so dominating . I remember that game at Dallas (of course , it seemed like every time we played the Cowboys in the 90's it was at Dallas) , on Turkey Day - Reggie had his left arm all bandaged up because of injury and was playing with one arm and he took Cowboy OT Williams -330 LBS and lifted him up with his only good arm pushed him back and got to Aikman . even though we lost that game i'll never forget Reggie's guts and dominance that game . And of course who can forget the SB win over NE and his 3 sacks - and then the celebration at Lambeau Field when Reggie was running around with the Lombardi trophy . I know he's not in the 2005 class - but he should be - so he should be the 1st member of the 2006 class .

The Hall elected Vince in 1971 after he passed away in 1970 .

GO PACK :mrgreen:

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that how it works? I know they're playing them regularly due to the playing other division winners thing, but how is it determined which stadium it's at? I was hoping the Seattle game would be IN Seattle so I could see two Pack games this year. :D I have no idea which I'm gonna be at, but come hell or high water I'm seeing Favre play at Lambeau this year!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
Is that how it works? I know they're playing them regularly due to the playing other division winners thing, but how is it determined which stadium it's at?

he's talking about home field advantage in the playoffs i believe..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
JD said:
Is that how it works? I know they're playing them regularly due to the playing other division winners thing, but how is it determined which stadium it's at?

he's talking about home field advantage in the playoffs i believe..

LoL @ that having to be explained

silly pplz

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha obviously I know that higher seeds get home advantage in the playoffs. I guess I totally misread it. What I do want to know, however, is how it's determined where certain games take place. 2 regular season Pack/Eagles games in Philly the last 2 years. Maybe it's just done to best fit in the schedule? I dunno.

IPBP-If that's the game I come to, you're on. :mrgreen: I've been shying a little away from that game though, mostly because(even though it may be a little cheesy) in picking my first game at Lambeau and probably only one with Favre on the field, I'm kinda hoping to pick one where Brett has a big day and the team wins. Pittsburgh's goooooood haha. That's not to say I think they'll waltz into Lambeau and take it, but given my own circumstances I'd probably want to see them take on a creampuff.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
JD said:
I guess I totally misread it. What I do want to know, however, is how it's determined where certain games take place. 2 regular season Pack/Eagles games in Philly the last 2 years. Maybe it's just done to best fit in the schedule? I dunno.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/2005_opponents

It explains in great detail how everything is determined.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
IPBP-If that's the game I come to, you're on. :mrgreen: I've been shying a little away from that game though, mostly because(even though it may be a little cheesy) in picking my first game at Lambeau and probably only one with Favre on the field, I'm kinda hoping to pick one where Brett has a big day and the team wins. Pittsburgh's goooooood haha. That's not to say I think they'll waltz into Lambeau and take it, but given my own circumstances I'd probably want to see them take on a creampuff.

i hear ya. i watched them lose to minny on opening day and then was all set to go see da bears last yr but tickets were too spendy. a blessing tho as i couldn't have stood to see mn and chi win at GB. whatta say we met up when they play the browns? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be a nice gesture. But I wouldn't want to see the next time a player dies unexpectedly and he gets voted in on emotion when he's not really deserving. That would water down the Hall of Fame. It's watered down enough already by not having Jerry Kramer enshrined. Besides being All Pro a number of times and other accolades he was named to the 50th Anniversary All NFL Team. In othe words, the voters were saying there MAY have been ONE other guard that was EVER better up until that time. And he's not in the Hall. What a joke. :puke: :soapbox:

I'm done now. I feel better. :-?

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but given my own circumstances I'd probably want to see them take on a creampuff.

That's always been my strategy JD and until the 2004 season I was a perfect 4-0 at Lambeau. Unfortunately that "creampuff" last year was the Bears and we all know how that turned out......Your best bets next year appear to be the Saints, Browns or Bucaneers. Personally, I'd like to come up for the Saints game and see Favre burn McKenzie repeatedly.

Reggie White sucked
:urstupid:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slick,

I'm definitely not trying to stir things up. I was trying to bring attentions to the troll post about Reggie. If I did it wrong for this site I apologize. I didn't write it ,Joeistheworstever wrote it. I wrote the Troll Alert. I hate trolls. What do you do about them here. I had lurked for some time before joining and never saw any. That's a large part of the reason I joined as the forum seemed very well monitored, no troll or flamers.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
slick,

I'm definitely not trying to stir things up. I was trying to bring attentions to the troll post about Reggie. If I did it wrong for this site I apologize. I didn't write it ,Joeistheworstever wrote it. I wrote the Troll Alert. I hate trolls. What do you do about them here. I had lurked for some time before joining and never saw any. That's a large part of the reason I joined as the forum seemed very well monitored, no troll or flamers.

haha..yeah slick was just telling you to ignore him because he's trying to stir us up.

i swear i am slick's official translator...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts