Reggie Begelton Thread

H

HardRightEdge

With no preseason; I have no idea what to think about him.
Frankly, with no preseason, I don't know what to think about any of the new guys. There is one thing I'm pretty sure of. With so little work and no preseason, their heads are probably swimming.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems only right since I've been in his corner of support - Signed to the Active Roster moments ago...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Seems only right since I've been in his corner of support - Signed to the Active Roster moments ago...

After what I have been posting today, I will probably sound like a hypocrite, but I am actually excited to see what Reggie has. I felt the same way when Lazard was coming out of college, hoping the Packers would draft/sign him and then ecstatic when they signed him off the Jags PS later that year in Dec. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Reggie Begelton is the guy you want in the starting lineup right now, but given the current situation, lets see what he has!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After what I have been posting today, I will probably sound like a hypocrite, but I am actually excited to see what Reggie has. I felt the same way when Lazard was coming out of college, hoping the Packers would draft/sign him and then ecstatic when they signed him off the Jags PS later that year in Dec. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Reggie Begelton is the guy you want in the starting lineup right now, but given the current situation, lets see what he has!

Couldn't agree more.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 9 page thread..... Sometimes this forum surprises me! :)

LOL right...Begelton got way too much research out of me honestly...but the thread also got derailed a few times away from him...so not truly a full 9 pages about him solely.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd assume so, they must like him just don't think he's ready, but could serve in a pinch if need be.

With Adams set to return, there is no longer a need to have him up there. He serves the position of Lazard/Adams most and we don't need him. Him and Darrius would be the bottom two, and Darrius's style fits a need more than Begelton IMO right now...and Darrius serves as reserve returner as much as folks may hate to hear that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure why the Packers would cut Begelton and then resign him to the PS. From what I remember the current rules for just this season allow them to put him back on the PS, can do this twice with the same player during the season. Maybe I am wrong or they are limited on how many players they are allowed to do that with.

I can only conclude that with the current PS rules, if the Packers still liked Reggie and wanted to keep him (on the PS) they wouldn't have needlessly exposed him to waivers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why the Packers would cut Begelton and then resign him to the PS. From what I remember the current rules for just this season allow them to put him back on the PS, can do this twice with the same player during the season. Maybe I am wrong or they are limited on how many players they are allowed to do that with.

I believe there is a limit to how many guys you can do this with in a week. I don't expect him to not resign with our PS, unless another team takes him up on waivers (doubtful atm)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I believe there is a limit to how many guys you can do this with in a week. I don't expect him to not resign with our PS, unless another team takes him up on waivers (doubtful atm)

This is what I found.....

"Two practice squad players per week may be elevated to the team’s roster, meaning game-week roster sizes could effectively increase from 53 to 55. And a player elevated from the practice squad to the 55-man roster could be sent back to the practice squad two times without having to clear waivers."

The "good news", I highly doubt that there are teams clamoring to sign Reggie, so if the Packers change their minds or they did this to protect other players or their ability to make other moves, he will probably clear waivers and be available for them.

Another interesting change just for this season that I wasn't aware of:

"Teams will be allowed to bring back an unlimited number of players off injured reserve after Sept. 6 (after they sit out a minimum of three games). Once a player has been designated to return to practice, his team will have three weeks to activate him."

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers just resigned Reggie to the PS this afternoon. Really odd, I would love to hear why they released him and didn't just put him on the PS, unless they didn't want to use up 1 of the 2 times that they are allowed to do that with him this season? Gute might have thought "hey, he has shown other teams nothing, he will be easy to release and resign THIS time"?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't one of two free call ups last week. He had to go through the active roster signing, cut, waivers, resign process like normal.

Harris and Winn were our two.

Members online

Latest posts