1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Ref now admits his mistake

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    Well I'm glad he decided not to continue the charade. Oh and him n packer fans can agree on one thing, Jay Cutler is an A hole

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...arthy-reaches-controversial-ref-wayne-elliott
    This is a great article for several reasons. The most important is that it illustrates that Mike McCarthy is a standup individual who values morals and compassion over his job and the game of football. The second reason is that the Wayne Elliott has finally admitted that he made the wrong call. The third reason is that it highlights how infantile the NFL was regarding the call and their "upholding" of the decision. You lose NFL.

The final great piece in this article is that it shows that Wayne has and is weathering the storm quite well. It takes real guts to face the criticism versus crawling back into obscurity. I bet that he did have the time of his life and I'm happy for him. He is our Steve Bartman.

• Like Like x 1
  3. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    at this point, it doesnt matter. its too late...and if this has any real playoff effect down the road, everyone will want to burn his house down anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    You got his address by chance? lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ OMG....don't let the seaCawks fans see that.....holy crap.....they can't handle the truth!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Saw the segment on inside the NFL last night. The guy said it was a life changing event for him, you could tell he had been having a hard time. Cracked a joke about getting MM's message because he wasn' answering calls from Wisconsin. MM is one classy man.

7. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    REALLY! REALLY! Now he decides to admit his blunder that will forever go down in history as "Fail Mary"game. What a moron. At least he admitted it even if it was over a week late.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Oh noes! Not another "Give those scab refs. credit where it's due" thread.
    Maybe I don't have as much class as Mike but then again, I'm not Mike.
    Those morons, clowns and D-Bags don't deserve anything but our wrath. :mad:

And whoever the writer is, got this wrong:
    Wayne Elliott awarded Golden Tate and the Seattle Seahawks a game-winning touchdown Sept. 24 on a Hail Mary pass that appeared to have been intercepted by Packers defensive back M.D. Jennings.

It should read:
    Wayne Elliott awarded Golden Tate and the Seattle Seahawks a catch that appeared to be a game-winning touchdown Sept. 24 on a Hail Mary pass that was intercepted by Packers defensive back M.D. Jennings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Even if it goes up to 10 bucks a gallon, that will be money well spent.
    Hey buddy, got a light?

10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    It is a little late but better late than never. He couldn't of kept that up forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +372
    Well, now I kinda feel sorry for him.

Be mad at the owners. Not him. He was just put in a bad situation trying to make the best of it.

12. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,029
    Actually Packer fans have a history of taking it out on their dog.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    All a urban legend

check into it

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,029
    I have checked it out but it is still a fun myth like the Easter Bunny balanced budget or my vote counts.

• Like Like x 1
  15. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I guess there has to be a statute of limitations on bad calls... :cautious:
    Its called... Statute 180: wait till said team gets a win under their belt to come forth with revelation.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    Not a problem in our house! We have parrots and with those beaks, I know all too well that I would draw back a bloody digit or two. I have a couple of scars to prove that fact. They're far more smarter than I will ever be, but I've trained them well......they're PACKER fans and unfortunately they will NEVER forget all the not so nice words that I used at the conclusion of that infamous Monday night debacle. That moment will definitely depreciate their selling price:eek:

17. Mighty Mike 77

Mighty Mike 77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    i think it's waisted time thinking 'bout the Bad Call. Wenn didn' t loose that Game because of that Bad decision. Instead of blaming the ref werden should realize, that we just played bad football. I think there were certain Situations we had our chances, but we screwed them.

18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    It wasnt like a play at start of the game or even in 3rd q, it was the very last play..If it happened way b4 then, the team would have had more time to recover and make a "play" to win..

But since it wasnt, we did get screwed

19. Mighty Mike 77

Ratings:
    +11
    you're right, the Play was the very last one... but i don't agree with you loosing the Game by just that single Play. There were enough plays before, and many mistakes done before that very Play, right? I just think it's too cheap blaming only the ref for the loss, although the Call was as false as it gets

20. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Yeah I agree with you 100%

But that begs the question

If it was ruled an int----------who wins?

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    But there were several instances of bad calls. I started a thread on it a couple minutes into the 4th quarter, long before the last play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I f you check it out, why did post it. I knew back in 1974, when Dan Devine told that false story to Time magazine reporter..
    Yet it took Dan Devine until early 2000's to inform everyone in his book of his memoirs, that was his fault the his dog was killed by neighbor, because he allowed his large dogs to roam his neigborhood in rural town of Hobart just west of Green Bay. In the early '70's, Devine was warned by his neighbor and Brown County Sheriff police department to keep his dogs tied up. Devine did not do it.

Devine's dog was attacking his neighbor's ducks in duck pond on the neighbor's property. . The neighbor intended to scare the dog away for his ducks and accidently shot Devine's dog with a bullet from his rifle. Devine's neighbor raised Ducks.

The neigbor brought wounded dog to Devine and explained what happpened. Yet still in 1974, Devine still mis informed the Time magazine reporter about reall y what hpppened. This story in time magazine in 1974 really made Packer fans look very bad eyes of those in U.S. that really did know what really happened.

23. Mighty Mike 77

Ratings:
    +11
    @Longtime&Ivo

Of course both of you are right. But to me its the NFL's Fault with they're stupid lockout.

And if we would have played a better football, we wouldn't have to talk about an ref walking in much too large footsteps.

• Like Like x 1
  24. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    I don't blame refs, ever, unless they are intentionally making bad calls. I'm not an armchair referee who thinks that I can do better. I've been on the fields. I know what it takes. Those guys do their best. When I coach and/or captain sports teams, I tell my players that I expect their best efforts. I can deal with the less-skilled players giving me their best efforts, and that's all that we had with replacement referees....less-skilled officials providing their best. It's the people that put those less-skilled workers on the field that deserve our wrath. It's displaced emotion and aggression when you blame the stripes for not being perfect. Blame the owners. Go burn down Jerry Jones's house or your own (if you're a GB stockholder).

25. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    Going through a divorce burning the house down sounds like an idea. YES, I am a stockholder. Will keep the stock in the divorce.