Votes: 0 0.0%
  • W/R play

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO opinion it's pretty obvious that it's the Defense as a whole. Rodgers has played in a high level last year too. McCarthy has improved in the playcalling. The WRs have actually been worse than last year, except for the TE play.

But the entire D has stepped up. It starts up front. With Jenkins ar Raji, we get a serious improvement from last year. The addition of CM3 and Barnett has made this LB corps one of the best of the league. The secondary, though was outstanding in takeaways last year, was big play prone, and now you just don't see our S allowing big plays. And, of course, all of this has happened because Dom Capers is at the helm. But it wouldn't have happened, as it wasn't happening till the Cowboys game, if the players hadn't step up.

So it's the entire D.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was very solid last year, has been even better this year, but our defense lost games for us last year, and has won games for us this year. defense without a doubt

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to take away the improvement of the defense, they are a big reason why we are going to be a factor this year, but A-rod not giving up the number of sacks is the biggest reason for the change

Field position and Time of possession wins games

If you are in bad shape in those two categories, a good defense will get scored against if your offense puts them in bad situations.

At the beginning of the year the Packs offense would make some great big time plays and scores, but with number of sacks we took would allow the other team to get very good field position with lots of time left on the clock to match our quick scores.

Solving that crazy sack problem directly helped our field position and time of possession. Our defense works best when the other team has to start on their own 30 yard line or less. That was not happening when we were 4-4.

Streetpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol @ the weak schedule comment. There was a big difference (maybe not in points) in our play the first time we blew out the Lions from the second time. Same goes for the cleveland game and the Rams. We didn't play well and nowhere near the level we're playing at now.

Its a combination of two things. The Defense woke up in Dallas and punched them in the teeth. 49ers game, 1st half was total domination (then we took the foot off the pedal and did a number of things wrong to make it close). Lions was domination and we dominated the Ravens. We've been playing great defense these last few weeks and it seems like the guys are finally getting the system. Losing Aaron Kampman (IMO) was a blessing in disguise because he was a huge liability in coverage but we are feeling the loss of Al big time.

I wouldn't say its the D-line, they've been great ALL-SEASON. The linebackers aren't wiffing on tackles they're supposed to make anymore and they are playing their gaps better

Offensive line has improved tremendously (maybe it really was all Allen Barbre ruining the chemistry). We've gone from **** poor to average. With Aaron Rodgers at the helm, I'll take average

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you should include the o-line and playing around the fact they are not that good. Although Rodgers is getting sacked still its not on a monumental scale as it was.

Defense and Rodgers really had a tie for me, but I sided with Rodgers because of the way he has adjusted/beginning to adjust to this new line structure.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense as a whole is why we are improved in the W column. It seems wherever our D goes, so does our team. Last year when our D sucked, we had a losing record. This year our D is the best in the league, we are one of the hottest teams right now.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Mark Tauscher has damn near single-handedly fixed the offensive line problems.
Ha that is quite funny because I haven't seen the packers playing against real playoff calibur teams since the vikings and that did not turn out so well

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think the biggest contribution has been the defense coming together. They've just created more opportunities for the offenses, whether they've ended in 3 pts or 7, it's simply more and that makes a huge difference. The next biggest change has definitely been the running game.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha that is quite funny because I haven't seen the packers playing against real playoff calibur teams since the vikings and that did not turn out so well

Troll, do your best to follow the thread and not hump your team in the leg at every turn.

Tauscher came in off an injury and in the middle of the season. He has shown what an awesome vet he is by the way that o-line has stabilized. He was awesome against the Ravens' defense. I'd say he has been a huge reason for the win streak.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troll, do your best to follow the thread and not hump your team in the leg at every turn.

Tauscher came in off an injury and in the middle of the season. He has shown what an awesome vet he is by the way that o-line has stabilized. He was awesome against the Ravens' defense. I'd say he has been a huge reason for the win streak.

Tausch coming back allowed them to put Barbre on the bench. Ok enough said. It is self explanatory. That is why the O-line seems significantly better.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tausch coming back allowed them to put Barbre on the bench. Ok enough said. It is self explanatory. That is why the O-line seems significantly better.

Not only Tauscher, but Clifton doesn't seem to be injured as much and Lang has filled in for both adequately. Its a combination of things.

In the beginning of the season (at times) we had Colledge playing left tackle and Spitz at guard. You can't under estimate the value of Lang through those games. Lang will still get some playing time, I can't see both Tauscher and Clifton staying healthy.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only Tauscher, but Clifton doesn't seem to be injured as much and Lang has filled in for both adequately. Its a combination of things.

In the beginning of the season (at times) we had Colledge playing left tackle and Spitz at guard. You can't under estimate the value of Lang through those games. Lang will still get some playing time, I can't see both Tauscher and Clifton staying healthy.

I don't think anyone could, I truly believe it would be a miracle if they could at this point in their career and age. You are right though, Lang has been excellent in the job and time he has done. I am pretty excited about Lang and his future.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think anyone could, I truly believe it would be a miracle if they could at this point in their career and age. You are right though, Lang has been excellent in the job and time he has done. I am pretty excited about Lang and his future.

Gee.

It only took TT, what....5 YEARS to find a serviceable O-Lineman?

And that's not even a definite.

That's a disgrace, in my book.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
how long did it take the vikings to find a competent QB? until Green Bay gave him up? that's a disgrace in my book.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The schedule is obviously the reason because the O-line is worse, the running and passing game about the same, and the defense better - at least against inferior opponents.

SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SCHEDULE

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how long did it take the vikings to find a competent QB? until Green Bay gave him up? that's a disgrace in my book.

lol and i miss harris too...

Hey everyone I have a news flash: GB and Minnesota have incredibly similar schedules! If they both get stomped in the playoffs I think we can say that 12 teams played on each schedules sucked. Only differences are Carolina and NY... Both are playing awesome football this season and totally lived up to their expectations (sarcasm). Both teams have easy schedules. Deal with it.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lol and i miss harris too...

Hey everyone I have a news flash: GB and Minnesota have incredibly similar schedules! If they both get stomped in the playoffs I think we can say that 12 teams played on each schedules sucked. Only differences are Carolina and NY... Both are playing awesome football this season and totally lived up to their expectations (sarcasm). Both teams have easy schedules. Deal with it.

I posted the wins from each team...In fact 3 pages of schedule talk :p

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/18514-gb-vs-minnesota-schedule.html

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
patsy schedule maybe?As the Viking schedule is about identical and that is what alot of forum members claim to Minnesota's record

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i feel like this forum is becoming a broken record with all this vikings compared to packer hoopla and old man time and schedules :( and during finals week i feel like i am dying haha

Members online

Latest posts