Realistic Cowboys View.

casvdry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay so I am not going to flame anyone here.

I can't say I haven't trash talked any, because I have. When I went onto the Eagles board there was nothing but a bunch of overconfident fans bashing our team. I don't really see that bashing here and so I don't feel the need to really bash in return.

While I do think the Boys will win this game, which any fan of their team is going to say, I do think it will be a tougher game than last year. I think Rodgers will be able to avoid our pressure a little better than Favre was able to. I remember most of the game last year and we did seem to get pretty good pressure on Favre but the game seemed to change once Rodgers came in.

Honestly, it looked like Favre was the backup in that game. He was striking down the field over and over trying to force what wasn't there. I think that GB will fare much better with checkdown passes as our team is basically built to stop the deep ball. Since your WR seem to make plays it's probably the best choice.

The real question in my mind is whether you can realistically expect to pressure Romo. If anyone had a shot at doing it, it was the blitz happy Eagles. That is not to say that it won't happen, it's just that I feel better about our chances after giving up no sacks to the Philly defense.

This is going to be another game about who can score more. Both Romo and Aaron have the legwork to avoid some sacks and get the ball off. In my mind GB fares the best chance by doing short passes and letting their bigger WR out muscle our smaller corners.

For us, I think we stand the best chance by using a combination of Witten and Barber in the first half to alleviate some of the coverage on Owens and going his way later in any man to man situations. I don't really know if any CB can realistically expect to lock down TO.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It helps this time that the game is at Green Bay. The 'Boys are coming off an emotional win on a shorter week for them.

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look back to how Dallas won that first game last year against the Giants...another barn burner that had people talking about how bad our defense was.

After that, they settled down and didn't lose a single game until they faced the Patriots late in October.

I think the Packers are a bit unlucky that Dallas got their high scoring shootout out of the way.

sandtrapjack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MoxRox said:
I look back to how Dallas won that first game last year against the Giants...another barn burner that had people talking about how bad our defense was.

After that, they settled down and didn't lose a single game until they faced the Patriots late in October.

I think the Packers are a bit unlucky that Dallas got their high scoring shootout out of the way.
Don't be so quick to use that analogy bro.
It was also last season when Dallas overcame 5 turnovers on Monday Night Football at Buffalo to win an emotional game and have a short week afterwards.

Then the following week got blown out at home by the Patriots.

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sandtrapjack said:
MoxRox said:

Don't be so quick to use that analogy bro.
It was also last season when Dallas overcame 5 turnovers on Monday Night Football at Buffalo to win an emotional game and have a short week afterwards.

Then the following week got blown out at home by the Patriots.

There's always that chance...always. But the way we're playing right now is encouraging. With as many mistakes as we made, and we still put up 41, simply means there's room for a lot of improvement on the mental side of things. That's pretty scary if you're a packer fan.

Members online

Latest posts