"ready... go!"

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone else pick up on the count change? anyone think it might have had something to do with our improved offense?

discuss

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I used to hear Aaron call out "Green 18!" before the ball was snapped.
So how could defenses be fooled by the hard count if he doesn't say that?
Seems like they might have caught on and are not going offsides from the hard count or else Air-Run isn't doing it as often as he used to.

H

HardRightEdge

I noticed that, though I can't recall if it has been used before.

"Ready" could mean "I'm changing the snap count and I don't have time to go through the normal mumbo jumbo." It could be the play clock; it could be he sees that 12th. man dilly dallying off the field. After "ready", "go" means "go".

"Ready, go" is a playground call. I always get a kick out of glimpses into the playground elements of the NFL game, Rodgers' game in particular, which generally go unnoticed and unappreciated.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
green 18 has been around since at least Favre's early years.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he should yell "Omaha!" to get into the Colts heads and remind them what they gave up.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard Rodgers use "Ready...Go" in the past. He seems to mainly use it in no huddle situations in the shotgun formation while on the road. I think it has more to do with limiting false starts due to crowd noise more than anything else.