RB Rotation

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well Brandon Jackson has fell off the face of the earth and I pretty much forgot we had him since he got hurt. Well now after the bye week our RB's should be healthy so who is going to be the main guy, and who is going to be following him up, who do you think should be?

Vernand Morency?
DeShawn Wynn?
Brandon Jackson?
Ryan Grant?

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn will be the starter with Morency coming in on third downs. I'd like to see what Ryan Grant could do as the starter, but they seem content to keep him on special teams. Jackson just doesn't seem very good. He's a great receiver out of the backfield, but his poor pass blocking makes it hard for the coaches to put him in on passing downs.

Overall, the position is a mess, no doubt one Thompson will need to address in the off season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn will be the starter with Morency coming in on third downs. I'd like to see what Ryan Grant could do as the starter, but they seem content to keep him on special teams. Jackson just doesn't seem very good. He's a great receiver out of the backfield, but his poor pass blocking makes it hard for the coaches to put him in on passing downs.

Overall, the position is a mess, no doubt one Thompson will need to address in the off season.
I myself don't think it's so much the RB's, i think we have some decent ones. The o-line run blocking has been non existant so far. Look at what Wynn has been able to do when he gets past the line of scrimmage. He's got some moves, and some burst. He doesn't go down easy. But we NEED to get the oline making some holes for our guys!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn, Morency, and probably Grant will get the call because of his special teams ability. That's what I read at least.

Truth be told though I'd start the 3 best running backs and I rather have Jackson than Grant because of his ball security. Grant fumbles to much for my taste.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. wynn
2. morency
3. grant
4. Jackson

just b/c i liked how wynn played in the championship game last year.
nothing to do w/how wynn has played this year
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I really think Morency has some serious potential, IF he can stay healthy. I would have to say that Wynn has more then won the starting position at this time, but if Morency is fairly healthy, this could really push Wynn. He is SUPER quick and seems like he could really do a lot, especially with more improvement along the offensive line. With that being said, I agree with most:

1. Wynn
2. Morency
3. Grant
4. Jackson (at this point, he just kind of seems to be taking up a roster spot).

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn is really the only back who has produced. I think Morency has the most talent, but just can't seem to stay healthy.

I could see B-Jack becoming our third down back. He actually has been good at blocking this year, despite his shaky preseason.

Ryan Grant has been hot and cold. He should be up to speed and ready for playing time now.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read an article on "PackerNews.com" that Wynn has another booboo and might not be able to go on Monday night.
He aparrently hurt his neck in the weight room and was unable to practice.
If he can't go, this will shuffle Jackson back into the lineup.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an article from today's Journal Sentinel:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=678144

They said Ryan Grant took the majority of snaps with the first team, so apparently they've forgiven him for that fumble that nearly cost the team a win at Minnesota.

It's discouraging that the Packers really haven't healed up over the bye week, especially at RB. At least Scott Wells is coming back. But Jenkins is still hurting, and Harrell got hurt, although it's unclear if he'll miss any time.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaronstory said:

I myself don't think it's so much the RB's, i think we have some decent ones. The o-line run blocking has been non existant so far. Look at what Wynn has been able to do when he gets past the line of scrimmage. He's got some moves, and some burst. He doesn't go down easy. But we NEED to get the oline making some holes for our guys!

Could not agree more about the O-line. They've been terrible in the rushing game. (I keep telling anyone who'll listen that they need to put Moll in for Colledge, who has been nothing short of terrible..)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Aaronstory said:

Could not agree more about the O-line. They've been terrible in the rushing game. (I keep telling anyone who'll listen that they need to put Moll in for Colledge, who has been nothing short of terrible..)
Thanks Aaron.......i think sometimes something like this is missed. They blame the RB, when in fact every back (other then was stated about Barry Sanders already in this thread) NEEDS at least a hole to run through. If the o-line doesn't do it's job, no one will gain any yards on the ground.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Rhodes

I was reading that oakland wanted to dump Domonic Rhodes, how about him here in greenbay ?

He is facing a one year suspension if he messes up again. Oakland gave him a nice deal last offseason.

Unless he come cheap. risk>reward.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn is really the only back who has produced. I think Morency has the most talent, but just can't seem to stay healthy.

I could see B-Jack becoming our third down back. He actually has been good at blocking this year, despite his shaky preseason.

Ryan Grant has been hot and cold. He should be up to speed and ready for playing time now.

Wynn hasnt been able to stay healthy either. Seems as tho he makes a couple big plays and is out the rest of the game with some injury, a few he has returned. This hasnt happened everygame, but with as many rushing attempts as we have? we shouldnt be having any RB injuries.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts