RB position of strength

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
We have fantastic depth at RB. The only concern is how hard Lacy runs, and how much contact he initiates. There are injury concerns there with him. That being said, Starks has proven time and time again that he is capable of carrying the load in the back field as well. This is going to be an exciting season offensively if Rodgers, Lacy, and our O-Line can stay healthy the entire season. Pretty big IF tho.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Certainly the best depth at RB since 2003 when Green, Davenport, and Fisher manned the position. Is it better than that group? Even with Lacy’s talent, that’s a big hill to climb. Green’s most productive season was phenomenal: In the regular season he gained 1883 yards with a 5.3yd average and scored 15 rushing TDs while averaging about 22 carries per game. His longest run went 98 yards for a TD. He also caught 50 passes for 367 yards for a 7.3yd average and another 5 TDs. His only negative was he had his worst season fumbling the ball – 7 times and lost 5 fumbles. Davenport added 420 yards, 2 TDs and a 5.5yd average and Fisher ran for 200 yards, 1 TD and a 5.0 average.

This year’s group will have to combine for more than 2503 yards at a 5.3yd average and 18 rushing TDs to top them. I seriously doubt they’ll get the attempts – 29.5 per game for the 2003 group. And I know for certain they don’t have as good a run blocking OL in front of them – remember Kevin Barry and the U-71 formation? He was the 6th O lineman in that formation. But it doesn’t matter if this year's group matches the production of the 2013 group – this year’s offense is built more for the pass and should be able to surpass the ’03 offense’s 27.6 points/game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Green was remarkable in 2003. Just remarkable. Fisher likewise had hands like a receiver and was the last back that I recall effectively running a screen - backs tend to outrun their blocking...Fisher was good in that role. Davenport was a steamroller. Loved that year's offense - I really felt that team was Super Bowl bound. There were the usual questions about the defense -- Ed Donnetel defenses drove me crazy.

This crop running backs doesn't quite measure up yet...perhaps with a full season and the actual starters in the offensive line there...who knows. A few running lanes would be nice. Lacy put up some hard earned yards last year.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
This group won't have nearly as many attempts as the group with Green and Davenport did. That being said, I think the talent is on par. Lacy and Green are very similar runners, but Green was much better at receiving out of the backfield. Eddy will need to improve that this year to make himself more versatile.

One of Ahman's favorite past times was fumbling.......Eddy is way better in that regard.

Members online

Latest posts