Strength and Conditioning staff Hirings

Reaction score
I'm so fed up with injury's every year but still realize this is a rough contact game and injury's are part of it.

This week the packers hired Todd Hunt to join Marcus Jones and Ben Schumaker
as strength and conditioning staff.

I sure hope this ia a big improvement.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree. All of the early season injuries to key players last year drove me crazy. I'm glad changes were made.

Reaction score
I would just like to welcome Mr Hunt and tell him that for years now… our prior staff has conditioned us to more injuries than normal.

Is the draft here yet?!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I would just like to welcome Mr Hunt and tell him that for years now… our prior staff has conditioned us to more injuries than normal.

Is the draft here yet?!
I hope not. My list is incomplete

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope this ia a big improvement.
When did you stop being pig-headed? :roflmao: It took me into my 30s!! All in jest....

Honestly I'm not sure how much any of this will move the needle. It's really about convincing star athletes (every one of them is a star in their own right for getting into the NFL) that they need to treat their bodies well. However, we know that many of them eat McDonalds and Skittles before games, they push their bodies beyond failure, and go through the motions of stretching without being intentional. It's natural. They're mostly 20yr olds! Most of us were that dumb or worse at that age.

What teams need (and may well have) are counselors or therapists that specialize in connecting with young dudes and getting them to think beyond glory on the field, money in their bank accounts, and truly focus on nutrition and health. That's a tall order for any staff. Most of us can't convince our kids to do their homework or eat healthy. Try telling that to a supremely confident athlete that has the world by a string at the age of 23.

Members online

Latest posts