Ravens studs and duds

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those who want to solely blame Hundley for the current state of the Packers, you are playing right into TT and MM's hands.......use #12's injury and replacement with a guy that just didn't have what they thought he had, as the excuse for what is wrong in GB. It will be use Hundley as the scapegoat......and everything else is business as usual. TT's takes a slight hit for putting to much faith in a 5th rounder and he skates into 2018. Just like that loss against Seattle in the NFCCG, fire the scapegoat slocum and we are good again.

Even if you want to just blame Hundley, because yes, right now the guy stinks. How is ultimately responsible for Hundley being out there and looking lost?

Exactly, and who has been coaching him up the last 3 years? MM as a great developer of QB's my ***, fell into 2 HOF QB's, he didn't do s**t .

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, and who has been coaching him up the last 3 years? MM as a great developer of QB's my ***, fell into 2 HOF QB's, he didn't do s**t .

It's ridiculous to think MM has nothing to do with how good Rodgers is.

Unless you think Rodgers was as good as a rookie as he is now.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Protection did not look great... but it is hard to judge since Hundly refused to step into the pocket in many occasions... instead he would back up beyond the tackles allowing the edge rushers to sack him deep.... That being said Spriggs didn't look good.
Perfect example. Second half,3rd and 6 in Ravens territory. Richard Rodgers makes a quick block and release on edge rusher,pushing edge rusher out,clean release 3 yards past LOS wide open in the middle RIGHT IN FRONT of Hundley. No defenders in front of Hundley, Hundley drops back 5-7 yards,sack by the defender that Rodgers blocked. If he steps up,easy pass to Rich Rod or he could have run for first down. Kid acts like he has never watched film or played the QB position before. smh

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought protection was pretty good overall until the end. There were a lot of times where the rusher was pushed wide and instead of stepping up, Hundley would keep backing up, 10, 15, 20 yards. to avoid the rusher rather than keep his protector between him and the rusher. No ability to use his blockers a lot of times. and like Is1bob said, he passed over open receivers quite often. I'm not talking about a late breaking route and a guy coming free, i'm talking about seeing the blitz coming and knowing there's an open spot or like the block and come out for a pass like so many other teams run, and RRodgers and GB ran and Hundley can't see him right in front of his face. That should be the easy read and easy pass.

and screen plays, no feel for them. it's like he was ready to throw it immediately rather than let it set up. You could tell it was coming from the moment it was snapped. If the Defensive line can see you looking to throw a screen before they even start up field against their blocker, it's never going to work. You can't double and triple pump every screen because you're looking to get the ball out quick. It's not a quick play. then instead of throwing the ball in the dirt he takes a ****ing sack???

He made a couple good throws, and without all those glaring mistakes we should have won that game, the rest of the team played well enough to have that happen. His job isn't going to get easier. Pittsburgh is going to pressure this team on offense and defense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I do not think he looked lost at all. He is just one of the poorest decision makers, I have seen since Johnny Manziel got his stint at QB..

LOL.....how are your statements and mine any different? I say lost....you say lacks decision making ability.

No doubt in my mind Hundley has a long way to go before he even gets to be considered an average QB. Again, blame Hundley all you want for yesterday's loss and any others before it and after it. Ultimately, who's fault is it that Hudley took control of a Playoff bound team? Who's fault is it that by removing 1 player from an offense, it goes from a damn good offense to the POS we are seeing today?

If people want to give TT, MM and Capers a free pass this season, because AR got hurt and Bretty Hundley isn't the prodigy some thought he was going to be.....enjoy the kool aid.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
1) If a good QB like Rodgers can make the whole team look better, why isn't the opposite true? Any team would have looked awful yesterday with a QB playing like that.

2) Spriggs is literally their 5th RT with everyone available (Bulaga, Murphy, Barclay, McCray). I'll agree I'd hope Spriggs would be better based on his draft status, but to expect TT to have depth 5 deep is highly unreasonable.

If you are a GM and want to hitch your wagons to 1 guy to get you to a SB, Aaron Rodgers is that guy. However, if you don't have a decent contingency plan when that guy gets hurt, as well as a crappy defense, then you aren't doing your job very well.

Barclay is a Detroit Lion. Murphy is on IR. Barclay and Spriggs were considered the Packers #3 and #4 Tackles at the beginning of the year. If that doesn't tell you something about the quality of the depth at the Tackle position, I don't know what I can say to change your mind.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
LOL.....how are your statements and mine any different? I say lost....you say lacks decision making ability.

No doubt in my mind Hundley has a long way to go before he even gets to be considered an average QB. Again, blame Hundley all you want for yesterday's loss and any others before it and after it. Ultimately, who's fault is it that Hudley took control of a Playoff bound team? Who's fault is it that by removing 1 player from an offense, it goes from a damn good offense to the POS we are seeing today?

If people want to give TT, MM and Capers a free pass this season, because AR got hurt and Bretty Hundley isn't the prodigy some thought he was going to be.....enjoy the kool aid.

What I am saying is Brett Hundley is the reason we lost yesterday. Yesterday cannot be blamed on poor coaching decisions. I think the defense played their best game of the season considering Hundley and Co. kept giving Average Joe and Co. great field positioning. Sure, blame TT for drafting/keeping a cheap backup QB on a rookie contract. What do you want them to go pay money for the Brock Oswielers of the world? The bottom line is the kid should be better. 3 years under the best in the game and he has absolutely nothing to show for it besides one (lucky) win against a bears team whose coach handed us a W. Fingers crossed we beat the browns with this idiot.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I can agree with you on this. Maybe Rodgers is still a great QB had he landed in Cleveland, but I am guessing a lot of his success can be attributed to coaching and the system.

That being said, who gets the credit for Bretty Hundley being the player he is today?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What I am saying is Brett Hundley is the reason we lost yesterday. Yesterday cannot be blamed on poor coaching decisions. I think the defense played their best game of the season considering Hundley and Co. kept giving Average Joe and Co. great field positioning. Sure, blame TT for drafting/keeping a cheap backup QB on a rookie contract. What do you want them to go pay money for the Brock Oswielers of the world? The bottom line is the kid should be better. 3 years under the best in the game and he has absolutely nothing to show for it besides one (lucky) win against a bears team whose coach handed us a W. Fingers crossed we beat the browns with this idiot.

Short sided in my mind. Bretty Hundley might have been a key factor in the 1 loss yesterday, but why is he under center right now? Who's decision was it to have him as our #2? This isn't him just making 1 bad mistake due to inexperience and costing us the game that way, this is him never having us in the game. Whose decision has it been to keep Dom Capers, so that once in awhile the defense actually has a decent game against a not so great offense?

So grab onto that one obvious flaw in the Packers right now, Bretty Hundley and run with it.....but I think you and some others are missing the big and obvious picture that was created when #12 went down.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are a GM and want to hitch your wagons to 1 guy to get you to a SB, Aaron Rodgers is that guy. However, if you don't have a decent contingency plan when that guy gets hurt, as well as a crappy defense, then you aren't doing your job very well.

Barclay is a Detroit Lion. Murphy is on IR. Barclay and Spriggs were considered the Packers #3 and #4 Tackles at the beginning of the year. If that doesn't tell you something about the quality of the depth at the Tackle position, I don't know what I can say to change your mind.

My bad on Barclay. Though he was still around.

Still, it's unreasonable to expect the Packers to be 4 deep at tackle.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree with you on this. Maybe Rodgers is still a great QB had he landed in Cleveland, but I am guessing a lot of his success can be attributed to coaching and the system.

That being said, who gets the credit for Bretty Hundley being the player he is today?

I agree MM and TT have misjudged Hundley so far.

He has the arm talent and athleticism. They probably figured they could improve the decision making and pocket presence, but hasn't happened yet.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley is what you see what you get....nothing more. A guy who has happy feet in the pocket vs stepping up in the pocket. his first reaction is to run backwards which is why he gets sacked by edge rushers most the time...and also for a loss of a bunch of yards. Can’t anticipate throws, not very accurate on anything over 15 yards, and locks onto his WRs. As you can see, MM has done a great job exposing what Hundley can’t do. Which is a lot for a guy who’s been in the same system for I’ve three years.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Personally, I still don't know what to think of Hundley. With more experience he may end up being a decent QB, that hope seems to dwindle though with each game he plays in. What I am most disappointed in though is the total collapse of the offense and pretty much the team by having to play him. I think we all realistically expected a drop off when #12 went down, but what we were all led (or wanted to) to believe was that Hundley was ready to be a decent backup and that drop off wouldn't be as substantial as we have seen. Shame on us. But shame on MM and the Packers for not knowing any better. They see the guy everyday at practice, film room, study his preseason film. I doubt they expected this poor of play from Hundley, but they had to have had a clue he wasn't ready.

This offseason it is time for the Packers to take a long hard look at themselves, figure out just what they lack when #12 isn't playing and when he is playing, but I still think it goes well beyond just Hundley.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree MM and TT have misjudged Hundley so far.

And they most likely pissed a possible successful season away because of it. Could the Packers have kept the ship sailing when #12 was lost with another QB? We may never know, but it's pretty obvious that the ship sank pretty fast the day AR went down. No team should be built in such a way that the loss of one guy.....even the Great Aaron Rodgers, immediately puts your ship at the bottom of the ocean.

Last edited:

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley sucks, pure and simple. He does NOT deserve to be our starting QB. 3 years and 3 (bad) home losses later and MM still wants to stay with him? I couldn't believe that press conference. He is really bad! Hundley deserves to be the towel boy. That performance yesterday was bad, really, really bad.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Players for not calling out front office and coaches for wasting another season

Duds: Coaches and front office for preferring to throw a season away rather than risking public anger over bringing in a competent QB to keep the team afloat and in the playoff picture until Rodgers can come back. Because in ten years, all anyone will talk about is how the Packers made the right moral call, and not about how Rodgers' career was wasted...Also, for being so ridiculous and condescending when Hundley being the QB was (rightfully) questioned by the media.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Hundley.. Terrible game.. Would Callahan being any worse?

Studs: The defense, they did a pretty good job keeping the Packers in the game.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs: How about those Badgers?

Duds: Brett Hundley. Already stated many times in this thread, but I am surprised no one has mentioned his incessant chawing of that bubble gum on the sidelines. Very annoying to me. Reminds me of both Pete Carroll and Ray Rhodes-- both of whom I dislike. Additionally, he clearly has trouble throwing the ball while thinking and chewing gum at the same time. Something needs to go!

And to add fuel on this fire, I simply don't like his "Joe Cool" look on the sidelines. He struts and seems to be overly confident. Not my style. I am wondering what the rest of the players truly think of him?

My suggestion to him is to leave the gum at home and eat some humble pie. Assume that you suck and start from the bottom (which is reality, btw). 'Cause as it stands right now, his NFL career ends in six weeks.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: How about those Badgers?

Additionally, he clearly has trouble throwing the ball while thinking and chewing gum at the same time. Something needs to go!

And to add fuel on this fire, I simply don't like his "Joe Cool" look on the sidelines. He struts and seems to be overly confident. .
I'm wouldn't be so sure he's actually thinking out there, I think that part has already gone.

I joke, kind of.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nobody said that, just pointed out that MM has never replicated anything close to that success with any other QB so it's fair to point out that nothing proves MM was any different from any other coach when it came to Rodgers' success. So, yeah, MM had an impact, just not a particularly notable impact.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think it's far too easy to look at how good Aaron Rodgers is today and say "Yeah.....he was destined to be this great when he was drafted." Whether MM, the QB coaches, the Packer organization or even Olivia Munn had any influence on AR's success, I don't think he would want to change a thing. Just like Brett Favre being given a huge opportunity by Ron Wolf and the Packers, Rodgers very well could have ended up in a bad system, with not so good coaches and we wouldn't even remember his name. When he steps up to accept his bust in Canton, I am quite sure he will be thanking a lot of the people who got him there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
FIFY. Rodgers, Bennett, Bulaga, Monty &/or Jones.

I don't see anyone on that list but Rodgers, who wasn't replaceable without a sharp dropoff in the offense. Injuries are a part of the game, but it appears the Packers did not have a good contingency option with Hundley replacing Rodgers.

Members online

Latest posts