Ravens studs and duds

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense apparently played a decent game, so kudos to them for still fighting.

But have you ever noticed that teams that have poor offenses often don't give up that many points? I think there's a phenomenon where the opposing team sometimes plays down to the other. Maybe it's a lack of urgency, there's no feeling like "We need to score here or we're going to lose". You would think that teams with poor offenses would also have the worst defenses because the defense gets stuck out on the field more. But it doesn't usually work that way. It's like teams know they don't have to put up 35 points to beat us right now.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense hung in there for awhile against a bad Ravens offense. They were on the field way too long, however, always playing from behind.

Jamaal Williams continues to look like a serviceable running back. I'd like to see GB pair him more with the fullback.

Davante Adams......if the Pack could only get him the ball more.

Duds......Too many to count. Obviously, Brett Hundley stunk up the joint.

For all of those too young to remember, this is pretty much what the Packer offense looked like in the days of Jim Del Gaizo, Scott Hunter and Jerry Tagee. See what you missed?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The defense apparently played a decent game, so kudos to them for still fighting.

But have you ever noticed that teams that have poor offenses often don't give up that many points? I think there's a phenomenon where the opposing team sometimes plays down to the other. Maybe it's a lack of urgency, there's no feeling like "We need to score here or we're going to lose". You would think that teams with poor offenses would also have the worst defenses because the defense gets stuck out on the field more. But it doesn't usually work that way. It's like teams know they don't have to put up 35 points to beat us right now.

Guessing when an opposing team is preparing for an Aaron Rogerless Packer team, they realize that they aren't going to be in a shooting match to put up a lot of points on the board to win. Probably a more conservative and safer offensive game plan can be formulated as a result. I doubt there is one team out there that fears our defense and doesn't think it's not going to put up 20+ points by playing good sound offense. Same approach for the opposing teams defenses. Who would fear our offense right now? Put enough pressure on Hundley, stop the run and the Packers may only find the endzone once or twice in a game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
being down a TE who quit and down to one available RB, I think we'll be seeing more Rip and Kerridge now that he's been signed on the 53 again. You might get your wish of more cowbell, i mean fullback.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Kyler Fackrell had his best game as a pro. Let's see if he keeps showing up in relief of Matthews. Lowry has also shown up lately and Randall has mostly been solid in the slot.