Ravens studs and duds

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Outside of Hundley, how was this entire team exposed?
If you think that the only problem with this team is Brett Hundley, nothing I say will change your mind. This has been talked about since #12 went down. AR may have elevated some of the players games to some extent, but he also totally covered up for an average OL with no depth. Slightly above average WR's. Less than average TE's and RB's. A defense that isn't good. Rodgers even makes MM look like an above average play caller, probably due to the fact that he audibled out of so many plays per game.

Not much out on the field today made me think, this is all on Brett Hundley.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Whichever media member it was that when McCarthy mentioned that they had a great week of practice and preparation, pointed out that it seems to be a recurring theme that they 'have a great week of practice' only to lay a big egg on gameday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the drum you keep beating lol

In a season we played , rather successfully at times with 5 guards on the field you cling to your "no depth" mantra from the preseason.

In case you missed it, the Ravens may not be having a great season, but their defense, specifically their pass rush is legit. And our oline did pretty well up till the end. Of course it doesn't help when your qb is running back and towards the rusher and away from the blocker rather than stepping up, but hey, what do I know.

Anyway, enjoy the season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Studs: Whichever media member it was that when McCarthy mentioned that they had a great week of practice and preparation, pointed out that it seems to be a recurring theme that they 'have a great week of practice' only to lay a big egg on gameday.

Didn't the CBS sideline reporter also mention that when McCarthy came out of the locker room for the second half, he said "That he liked a lot of the things he was seeing out there today". Maybe I misunderstood what she said...but if he did actually say that.....What game was MM watching or was he talking about the Ravens?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In a season we played , rather successfully at times with 5 guards on the field you cling to your "no depth" mantra from the preseason.

Did you notice what the Ravens did when their LT was struggling, they gave him help. What does MM do? He inserts Jason Spriggs at RT, leaves him alone on an island and nearly gets Hundley killed. It will be interesting to see how every Packer who plays on the OL this season grades out at the end of the year, but I don't expect those grades to be very special.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

I know right. Why does he say they had a great week of practice only to lay an egg. If the other teams hear him say that they will be licking their chops at the feast they will have.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
In the past 5 games, we've seen a defensive performance that didn't result in forcing a single point, and today we witnessed an offensive performance that didn't result in scoring a single point. Dismal. Just dismal.

The defense is bad. The offense is bad. This team is bad. Why that is so difficult for some to come to grips with I don't know.

Shame on me for thinking that this team should be able to take advantage of a bad Ravens team at home. But hell all I keep hearing on here is that the team has talent so why shouldn't I be optimistic. smh.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can Hundley not do OK with one of the finest WR corps in the entire NFL *LMAO*..... but hey... we have "the guru" TT, and the finest coach this side of Bill Bellichik at the helm.... standbye sports fans!!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think that the only problem with this team is Brett Hundley, nothing I say will change your mind. This has been talked about since #12 went down. AR may have elevated some of the players games to some extent, but he also totally covered up for an average OL with no depth. Slightly above average WR's. Less than average TE's and RB's. A defense that isn't good. Rodgers even makes MM look like an above average play caller, probably due to the fact that he audibled out of so many plays per game.

Not much out on the field today made me think, this is all on Brett Hundley.
Sorry I had to disagree with that one. Brett Hundley's play would have made absolutely every other team in the leaugue look pathetic.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I told myself not to read transcripts or watch video of post game presser. I did. MM is a big DUD. He liked what he saw in Brett today,never thought of pulling Hundley for Callahan and still has utmost confidence in Hundley going forward. How damn stubborn can you be to say you were wrong when it is making you look bad and the team look bad?

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the past 5 games, we've seen a defensive performance that didn't result in forcing a single point, and today we witnessed an offensive performance that didn't result in scoring a single point. Dismal. Just dismal.

The defense is bad. The offense is bad. This team is bad. Why that is so difficult for some to come to grips with I don't know.

Shame on me for thinking that this team should be able to take advantage of a bad Ravens team at home. But hell all I keep hearing on here is that the team has talent so why shouldn't I be optimistic. smh.
Because the Teddy cheerleaders on this board either don't have the cajones to call out those responsible for constructing a bad team or just can't think for themselves and prefer to believe that since they are employed by an NFL team, he must really be great at his job. Truth is there are a number of NFL GMs, coaches and players that are bad at their job just like in any other profession, but they don't dare call them out because they are still more qualified than they are, but by NFL standards they're just not good.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

Today the Defense played well enough to win. Had the offense not comitted those turnovers we would of won this game single evenhandedly.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Today the Defense played well enough to win. Had the offense not comitted those turnovers we would of won this game single evenhandedly.
I agree. But my point is that there isn't a single element of this team that's good enough or consistent enough to perform well on a week to week basis without the services of Aaron Rodgers.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I told myself not to read transcripts or watch video of post game presser. I did. MM is a big DUD. He liked what he saw in Brett today,never thought of pulling Hundley for Callahan and still has utmost confidence in Hundley going forward. How damn stubborn can you be to say you were wrong when it is making you look bad and the team look bad?
If McCarthy insists on attaching himself to the Hundley ship... he may need to go down with him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sorry I had to disagree with that one. Brett Hundley's play would have made absolutely every other team in the leaugue look pathetic.

While I agree with you on the fact that Brett Hundley stunk today and respect your disagree with my statement of "Not much out on the field today made me think, this is all on Brett Hundley", I didn't see anybody else on the Packers step up and do anything that special today. Pin the loss on Hundley being in there instead of Rodgers, but the only way this current team is good, is to have #12 on the field.

What other QB today wins that game for the Packers today? Flacco wouldn't have, unless he was up against the Packer defense. Maybe Tom Brady?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this is an eye opener for those that think Rodgers isn’t the only thing that keeps us competitive every year. Without Rodgers we would be a lock for top 3 pick in the draft the past 5 years. Organization needs to be retooled top to bottom starting with TT stepping down and Capers being fired.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If McCarthy insists on attaching himself to the Hundley ship... he may need to go down with him.
Considering he didn't even throw a guy that quit on the coaches, the team and the community under a bus, he's not going to say anything other than something that stands up for the guys.

I'm sure he has an idea of what is wrong with humdleya game, and all that matters is they perform. For weeks we hear he just needs to let him play. Today we had 2 RBs and one fumbled and lost it his first ever carry and the other 2 were inactive. Supposed to call a run heavy game today?

There were open receivers missed again today. There where plays made even. But he always was sure to kill that eventually lol.

I guess on a positive note, at least Hundley stopped running 20 yards back to avoid a pass rusher who had already been pushed wide and 10uards past the LOS.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to bring it back.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Truly don’t understand how a single legitimate football fan could blame this game on anyone but Brett Hundley. The play calling was fine, until he made horrible decisions. The defense kept this from being a 42-0 game. Brett Hundley is absolute trash. Let’s see what the D3 QB has because Hundley should have never left UCLA.

Last edited: