Rasul Douglas has been traded to the Bills

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading Rasul despite having probably the weakest collection of CB's/S's in the NFL they are likely already in the top 4 2024 draft picks. 13 or 14 losses is very doable now.

The only positive is if this is...

More draft capital for new GM/HC Jim Harbaugh. Murphy needs the picks to lure Harbaugh. Harbaugh could be like Jimmy Johnson when he took over the Cowboys. He knows these next 3-to-4 draft classes inside out. He'd have the 2024 picks to draft the elite QB prospect he wants.

I trust Harbaugh to mold a QB prospect, Harbaugh knows first hand what he's talking about when teaching a QB.

Do you think Rashan Gary would love playing for Harbaugh again? I do.

Murphy could actually retire a hero. Come on Murphy, do it! Get Harbaugh!

Not gonna lie, I would rather have Caleb Williams drafted to Packers than us sign Jim Harbaugh....and everyone knows how much I despise Williams as an immature child....Harbaugh to me is just a full grown version of the same. Pass...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than Reed, who is is showing an improving performance? LVN looks lost so far. Wyatt could be called a bust so far. While Walker makes lots of tackles, like AJ Hawk, they're too far from the LOS. Watson and Musgrave are struggling. Stokes can't stay healthy. Is Love getting better as the season progresses? You get my drift, the young core isn't showing progress.

To be honest, Tom continues to exhibit he is growing into our best OL on the team - right now I trust him more than Jenkins, which a year ago I'd have thought was nuts to think.

Wooden and Brooks are both, while going through rookie pains playing above their positional expectations IMO.

TJ Slaton has truly grown into arguably our second best DL most games behind Clark.

Whelan and Anders both show signs of being long term position holders at their respective spots.

Musgrave shows he has the chops to get open when healthy...dude has to become average as a blocker though for sure...he's terrible atm.

Reed, is showing a lot of savvy tendencies to find space and clutch gene is in there...also rookie issues for sure have happened.

Wicks is illustrating quickly to me he can be that third main outside WR on a team (like a WR4 on a roster) at minimum. He has gotten open, attacks yards once he has the ball and his willingness to block and at times execution of the block I think has him on the inside track for the push towards more play...especially if Watson continues to not be fully healthy and wimp out on snaps and plays IMO.

McDuffie another younger guy, I think has played sufficiently well as a reservist and even played above his calling card a few times. He is not a starter in the league week in and week out yet though.

This is all relative to how atrociously bad collectively we've been and it is tough to achieve significant growth for sure this year. Wyatt isn't progressing, Newman/Myers two more that aren't...Kraft is struggling coming from his small school but slowly showing progress albeit very slowly. Love when given a chance is a coin toss of accuracy and MLF has regressed too IMO.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This makes sense and TEARS me to shreds. Unlike Jaire this young man in his interviews was constantly talking about how more is expected of him by him to help make this team succeed. He had Jones almost in tears in the locker room as Jones overheard and he talked to reporters about that.

Rasul has been our BEST CB this year. This hurts.
I don't get it. He was playing well, I thought. We need him. Makes no sense to me unless they are giving up on the season.:confused:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, Tom continues to exhibit he is growing into our best OL on the team - right now I trust him more than Jenkins, which a year ago I'd have thought was nuts to think.

Wooden and Brooks are both, while going through rookie pains playing above their positional expectations IMO.

TJ Slaton has truly grown into arguably our second best DL most games behind Clark.

Whelan and Anders both show signs of being long term position holders at their respective spots.

Musgrave shows he has the chops to get open when healthy...dude has to become average as a blocker though for sure...he's terrible atm.

Reed, is showing a lot of savvy tendencies to find space and clutch gene is in there...also rookie issues for sure have happened.

Wicks is illustrating quickly to me he can be that third main outside WR on a team (like a WR4 on a roster) at minimum. He has gotten open, attacks yards once he has the ball and his willingness to block and at times execution of the block I think has him on the inside track for the push towards more play...especially if Watson continues to not be fully healthy and wimp out on snaps and plays IMO.

McDuffie another younger guy, I think has played sufficiently well as a reservist and even played above his calling card a few times. He is not a starter in the league week in and week out yet though.

This is all relative to how atrociously bad collectively we've been and it is tough to achieve significant growth for sure this year. Wyatt isn't progressing, Newman/Myers two more that aren't...Kraft is struggling coming from his small school but slowly showing progress albeit very slowly. Love when given a chance is a coin toss of accuracy and MLF has regressed too IMO.
I agree the lower round guys are looking better than the core top draft picks. That's scary in reality. When the top three rounds consistently underperform, you are looking at a last place franchise. High draft pick busts is what get GM's fired when there's accountability.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the lower round guys are looking better than the core top draft picks. That's scary in reality. When the top three rounds consistently underperform, you are looking at a last place franchise. High draft pick busts is what get GM's fired when there's accountability.

Oh for sure, for 1st/2nd/3rds it's been a mix of the following over last four years:
Bad luck (injuries) - Stokes, Watson
guys that just turned out bad - Aamri Rodgers...Sean Rhyan is flirting with this
Guys that hit ground with promise and seemed to have stalled - Myers, Wyatt, Arguably Love, Deguara (also fits injury one)
Guys that are good or better than arguably expectations - Quay maybe Dillon but honestly he is playing himself into the slot one up this year specifically.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wasn't all that excited about getting a 3rd round pick for Douglas and a 5th, until I saw that the 49'ers gave up what it sounds like is their compensatory (end of round) pick in round 3 for Chase Young. Yeah, Chase is in the final year of his rookie deal, but if he can avoid injuries and the 9'ers want to pay him, that was an absolute steal.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Given the long string of worthless 3rd round picks, this trade makes no sense.
I keep thinking that Gute and the 3rd round jinx is just coincidence, but has anyone ever noticed Tucker Kraft this season? I see that he has played, 112 snaps on offense and 68 snaps on defense, but I don't even know his number.

Hopefully, Kraft develops and breaks that jinx, but it isn't looking good so far.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep thinking that Gute and the 3rd round jinx is just coincidence, but has anyone ever noticed Tucker Kraft this season? I see that he has played, 112 snaps on offense and 68 snaps on defense, but I don't even know his number.

Hopefully, Kraft develops and breaks that jinx, but it isn't looking good so far.

I'd find a different source if they have Kraft as having defensive snaps LOL

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute will package his 1 and two 2's to draft in top 2 and get another QB...... anyone out there a sure superstar QB? Not sure anyone in the upcoming draft is a future superstar, maybe Harrison WR (OSU)? or an OT?
I read backwards in all of the posts until I got to this one on Page 1. I also believe that Gute is hoarding ammo for next year's draft. We are the kids and mother Gute just ripped off the bandaid. Our season isn't going anywhere so he is going to make the best of it.

He can bundle our extra 2nd and 3rd round picks to move higher in the first round if he feels that we need the top QB. If he feels that Love will eventually flourish, then he's got more options to get him some good help hopefully on the OL and WR.

I don't mind our GM playing the long game. 99% of fans only care about how many tears will fall into this year's beer.

Reaction score
Me thinks we’re prone to slightly embellishing on how impressive everyone is when we’re Winning. Conversely when we’re defunct we go slightly opposite.

Players are called “Players” for a reason. Otherwise we’d call them “Practicers”. I say Give Love time. We don’t have much immediate option. If he looks better by games 14-15, then give him 1 more season. Id consider Getting a look at Clifford in our last game or 2.

Letting the season play out allows us to either see improvement in our QB position or improvement in our draft position . Both lead to solutions at QB.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be immune to packaging picks to move around. Especially if Shedur falls past our internal draft grade on him. That Buffalo pick comes in handy as good equity to move up some in Round 2 or even later Day1. We now have 5 selections well inside the top 100. Then a 6th selection right away past 100 overall.
We are going to get a few compensatory selections, so that early 5th was a doable sacrifice. There’s a big difference between a late Day 2 and an early 5th. It’s like getting an early 4th straight up, but better because we can spend the 3rd or trade back into early day 3 etc.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Discussion where the Packers will be drafting is nice and all, but missing the really big point for 2024.

Hello Hard Knocks.....

(assuming MLF not fired)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last day of the fire sale. It wouldn't surprise me to see at least one more Packer starter traded.

I would have rather seen Alexander (with his contract) or Stokes traded over Rasul. Of course, the $37M dead cap hit by trading Jaire, made that dream impossible.
With his contract and back issues I don't see a team trading for him right now.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur has got to go. Not inspirational and play calling should be ripped from his duties at least.
Problem is finding a replacement yet now Josh Daniels is available from Oakland. Maybe he can bring the disgruntled Adams back with him.
My fear is MLF isn't going anywhere as long as Gute is the GM unless things really get bad.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than Reed, who is is showing an improving performance? LVN looks lost so far. Wyatt could be called a bust so far. While Walker makes lots of tackles, like AJ Hawk, they're too far from the LOS. Watson and Musgrave are struggling. Stokes can't stay healthy. Is Love getting better as the season progresses? You get my drift, the young core isn't showing progress.
With Barry in charge of this D who the hell knows how good Quay and others could be.

Reaction score
I suspect Gute and company can see the writing on the wall and want to get something for him for the future.
Yes. Also he’s near our age limit at the position of 30 years old. Which is an area we tend to look for their successor. We got him for nothing and got 2 years usage.

I’ve seen some others’ complaints about losing the earlier 5th. On the surface that’s true. However we need to remember there’s zero added compensatory selections on the board before that Buffalo pick. There could be a bunch of 3rd and 4th Round compensatory selections between Buffalo 3rd and our previously held Round 5 natural. If we want a 5th Rounder back? work a slight trade back. We’d still have an earlier 4th and recoup. It’s easier to trade back than it is to move up imo. There’s always a few later 3rd Rounders (our pick) that had no business slipping past Round 2. By Round 5 that draft board is like a Yard sale that started at 7am and we showed up at 1:30pm. I’m not saying it’s bare, but it’s pretty picked over by pick 150 overall

Reaction score
Bundle our 2 - thirds in 2024 and our third in 2025 for Davante in the offseason :D

Remove the third round curse from even having a chance to strike again LOL
I know you’re saying that somewhat tongue n cheek. However while even I talk about that 3rd Round curse. God is the only one who sets or lifts curses. The God I know 100% exists from my own personal experience. Through countless hours of studying his personality across 4,000 years of examples, he doesn’t care about the the Packers 3rd Round.
We’ve got bigger problems if he’s worried about a GB 3rd rounder! :roflmao:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the Packers like what they see in Carrington Valentine, so trading Douglas was a way to keep getting him snaps, especially after Stokes comes back.

I have also not been very impressed with Nixon this season. Maybe some of that is his drop off in return yards and decisions (don't keep taking it out of the EZ!), but I also don't view him as a quality starting CB.

Reaction score
The trade as I saw it was Douglas for a 2024 3rd. If that's what it is I'm ok with it. A guy who is an upgraded nickel or 2B corner for a 3rd?

Just don't blow the pick
Douglas and our earlier 5th. So really a pick exchange. Maybe you knew that

It’s a tough deal Flair, I really liked Rasul, but I have to be reasonable in that we are in an obvious rebuild. He’d not a player that will get another contract, so at most he’s 1 to 2 seasons from gone and he’s $7mil avg season (2024) and we’ve pushed some forward. Here we get 4 seasons of Rookie contract if we go CB. We already know this season is taking our licks. We get nearly $900K back in 2023 also for a season we know is playing Rasul in vain. Our luck is he gets hurt and would be worth nothing, period. Except a residual Cap hit. We’ve got enough of those.

It’s not a move I expected. But peeking into his contract it makes some sense. Also he’s been very frustrated and vocal about it. I can’t help but think that played into it. We don’t even know he might’ve silently asked to be traded.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rasual was a good player. Not great, but one of the better Packer defenders. They used him to get that better pick next year, free up quite a bit of cap room, and make it possible for Valentine to get field time.

Valentine might not be quite as good, but let's face it. What's the difference? We can't score, and someone else on defense will mess up, and having Rasual there isn't going to make a lick of difference.

We're going to see a lot of guys not getting offers when this season ends.