Rank our top 10 players

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Here is mine...There is clearly a trend, hopefully we have it a focus in the offseason to upgrade the defense

1. David Bahkitari
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Davante Adams
4. Kenny Clark
5. Aaron Jones
6. Corey Lindsey
7. Mike Daniels
8. Blake Martinez
9. Bryan Bulaga
10. Jaire Alexander?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ignoring positional value (i.e. just going on who is the best at their respective position):
  1. David Bakhtiari, OT
  2. Aaron Rodgers, QB
  3. Davante Adams, WR
  4. Kenny Clark, iDL
  5. Corey Linsley, C
  6. Jaire Alexander, CB
  7. Aaron Jones, RB
  8. Blake Martinez, LB
  9. Mike Daniels, iDL
  10. Bryan Bulaga, OT

Reaction score
Ignoring positional value (i.e. just going on who is the best at their respective position):
  1. David Bakhtiari, OT
  2. Aaron Rodgers, QB
  3. Davante Adams, WR
  4. Kenny Clark, iDL
  5. Corey Linsley, C
  6. Jaire Alexander, CB
  7. Aaron Jones, RB
  8. Blake Martinez, LB
  9. Mike Daniels, iDL
  10. Bryan Bulaga, OT

I have to agree with your list. I don't think I would change a thing. Maybe one day Kevin King will beat out Bulaga for the 10th spot if he stayed healthy. But doubt it

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. David Bahkitari
2. Davante Adams
3. Kenny Clark
4. Corey Linsley
5. Aaron Jones
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Jaire Alexeander
8. Blake Martinez
9. Bryan Bulaga
10. Mike Daniels

Just missed list: Mason Crosby, JK Scott.

I feel like I'll be asked about Aaron Rodgers. He is an easy number 1 on this list 2 years ago, but part of being a quarterback/NFL player is availability and playing healthy. He hasn't done that at all the last 2 years and really since 2013 has only been 100% for 2 seasons (2015-2016) in that time. When healthy he's much higher, but I'm at a point I don't expect him to make it through seasons healthy anymore.

Reaction score
1. David Bahkitari
2. Davante Adams
3. Kenny Clark
4. Corey Linsley
5. Aaron Jones
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Jaire Alexeander
8. Blake Martinez
9. Bryan Bulaga
10. Mike Daniels

Just missed list: Mason Crosby, JK Scott.

I feel like I'll be asked about Aaron Rodgers. He is an easy number 1 on this list 2 years ago, but part of being a quarterback/NFL player is availability and playing healthy. He hasn't done that at all the last 2 years and really since 2013 has only been 100% for 2 seasons (2015-2016) in that time. When healthy he's much higher, but I'm at a point I don't expect him to make it through seasons healthy anymore.

Yeah you can mark him down for at least 1 injury. May not be super severe but will throw him off a bit at least. I'd say you can pretty much book that

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take Aaron Rodgers off the list and you have a list of players that 98% of the fans of the NFL would never know except for maybe Davante Adams. My point? Those of you that have hated #12 ever since he took over are jumping on the bandwagon now that its the vogue thing to do. Lots of spoiled people out there. Have the injuries that Rodgers had been legit? When Brett Favre played through multiple injuries, he was considered a warrior, a gamer. Rodgers plays through them and he's hampering the team. What's the difference? I call it can't escape the past syndrome. When are most of you going to realize that Green Bay plays with a handicap? This new breed of player doesn't want to play in a cold, nothing to do town because they couldn't care less about the team. For them it's about "me". All these young punks couldn't care less about tradition and loyalty. That's what playing in Green Bay use to be all about. How do you get it back?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take Aaron Rodgers off the list and you have a list of players that 98% of the fans of the NFL would never know except for maybe Davante Adams. My point? Those of you that have hated #12 ever since he took over are jumping on the bandwagon now that its the vogue thing to do. Lots of spoiled people out there. Have the injuries that Rodgers had been legit? When Brett Favre played through multiple injuries, he was considered a warrior, a gamer. Rodgers plays through them and he's hampering the team. What's the difference? I call it can't escape the past syndrome. When are most of you going to realize that Green Bay plays with a handicap? This new breed of player doesn't want to play in a cold, nothing to do town because they couldn't care less about the team. For them it's about "me". All these young punks couldn't care less about tradition and loyalty. That's what playing in Green Bay use to be all about. How do you get it back?
I guarantee other teams are very aware of who David Bakhtiari is. They'd love to have Kenny Clark, there's hardly a team in the league that would readily bump any one of their DLine to add Kenny. Linsley is not the greatest center on earth, and he's far from the worst. He'd probably replace a starter on over half the teams in the league and be push with another 25%. Bulaga is older, every team has players like him. Martinez is just above average. But the rest of the league is going to know Jaire Alexander if they don't already. Jones is dynamic, but hardly a standout in this league.

anyway, I'd say there is more than just Adams on that list that other people would know. and who cares about fans, most of them can't name the starters on their own team. They're nothing but casual observers, here for the drama around things like TMZ and ESPN generated controversy and know football thru blowhards and gamblilng. This team needs work, but there is more on this team right now than Rodgers and Adams

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahkitari is great, but imo him over Rodgers is silly. The QB position imo is always number 1 b/c of how important it is. Left tackle at number 2 is fine.

Unless you're talking about skill position in comparison to other players in the league like Dantes clarified with his rankings.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
When are most of you going to realize that Green Bay plays with a handicap? This new breed of player doesn't want to play in a cold, nothing to do town because they couldn't care less about the team. For them it's about "me". All these young punks couldn't care less about tradition and loyalty. That's what playing in Green Bay use to be all about. How do you get it back?

This was repeated over and over during the dark years... 70's, 80's early 90's. That along with black players not wanting to come to Green Bay for a myriad of reasons.

Fact is, every one of those excuses vanished when the Pack hired Ron Wolf. The players who want to win will come. Those who want endorsements will chase those...and then complain they've never been with a winner ... usually after they grow up.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take Aaron Rodgers off the list and you have a list of players that 98% of the fans of the NFL would never know except for maybe Davante Adams. My point? Those of you that have hated #12 ever since he took over are jumping on the bandwagon now that its the vogue thing to do. Lots of spoiled people out there.
I'm assuming you are referring to my quote with this. Aaron Rodgers isn't only my favorite Packer of all time, he's my favorite athlete of all time. I think my last sentence says enough how appreciative I am of him.

Have the injuries that Rodgers had been legit? When Brett Favre played through multiple injuries, he was considered a warrior, a gamer. Rodgers plays through them and he's hampering the team. What's the difference? I call it can't escape the past syndrome.
Rodgers' playing style and the playing style of a Tom Brady are completely different. Rodgers will scramble to make a big play at his body's own risk. Tom Brady gets rid of the ball super quick that helps his health but that's because his coaching is more creative than ours that he can get rid of the ball quicker and find open guys much easier than we can. Rodgers' playing style makes me have even more respect for him for the simple fact that he has sacrificed so much on his body to help the team. It has started to take its toll of late (the only reason why I have him ranked at #6), but he has had NO CHOICE but to play the way (leaving the pocket/holding the ball for a while for big plays) he has for this team to have all the success in his time here.

Could part of this Rodgers having to scramble be attributed to not studying film as much as he could? Maybe, I have no idea to be honest. He did miss wide open guys in the flat last year but that's not a very big sample size where he's missed those wide open guys. As a whole I'll more blame it on the lack of creativity on the offense, starting when McCarthy lost his confidence as a play caller post 2014 NFC Championship Game.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never heard any credible source criticizing Rodgers for his work ethic.
honestly the quote you are referring to is the most ridiculous thing i’ve seen yet. I have been very willing to criticize Rodgers where I think it’s warranted, but to suggest that Rodgers needs more film study is the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever read. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Quarterback that is more knowledgeable about the offense he is running. that doesn’t mean I think he always makes the right decision on every play.. because I don’t. But to suggest he needs to study more is silly.

Reaction score
He hasn't done that at all the last 2 years and really since 2013 has only been 100% for 2 seasons (2015-2016) in that time. When healthy he's much higher, but I'm at a point I don't expect him to make it through seasons healthy anymore.

But yet they extended his contract 2 years before the original one expired.
I hope that wasn't a mistake

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm assuming you are referring to my quote with this. Aaron Rodgers isn't only my favorite Packer of all time, he's my favorite athlete of all time. I think my last sentence says enough how appreciative I am of him.

Rodgers' playing style and the playing style of a Tom Brady are completely different. Rodgers will scramble to make a big play at his body's own risk. Tom Brady gets rid of the ball super quick that helps his health but that's because his coaching is more creative than ours that he can get rid of the ball quicker and find open guys much easier than we can. Rodgers' playing style makes me have even more respect for him for the simple fact that he has sacrificed so much on his body to help the team. It has started to take its toll of late (the only reason why I have him ranked at #6), but he has had NO CHOICE but to play the way (leaving the pocket/holding the ball for a while for big plays) he has for this team to have all the success in his time here.

Could part of this Rodgers having to scramble be attributed to not studying film as much as he could? Maybe, I have no idea to be honest. He did miss wide open guys in the flat last year but that's not a very big sample size where he's missed those wide open guys. As a whole I'll more blame it on the lack of creativity on the offense, starting when McCarthy lost his confidence as a play caller post 2014 NFC Championship Game.
I honestly don't know why people always say Brady gets rid of the ball so quickly. Sometimes he does. But I have seen plenty of times where his line allows him to stand back there and wait for someone to open up.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I guarantee other teams are very aware of who David Bakhtiari is. They'd love to have Kenny Clark, there's hardly a team in the league that would readily bump any one of their DLine to add Kenny. Linsley is not the greatest center on earth, and he's far from the worst. He'd probably replace a starter on over half the teams in the league and be push with another 25%. Bulaga is older, every team has players like him. Martinez is just above average. But the rest of the league is going to know Jaire Alexander if they don't already. Jones is dynamic, but hardly a standout in this league.
I'll give you credit for this. You did an outstanding job talking up players of ours that most people don't have a clue who they are. Kudos. :p

Seriously though when the vast majority of fans think about the Packers, I'll bet the names that come to mind are Rodgers, Adams, Matthews, Graham. Maybe Cobb. One could argue that three of those guys are over the hill. That's quite sad. Maybe Bakhtiari, but most fans don't pay that much attention to offensive line, right or wrong.

We need more premiere talent. And that comment is a general one because I'm sure you don't disagree with that.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok...these are my top picks. Unfortunately I did not find 10 that I wanted to include.
1. Rodgers
2. Adams
3. Backhtiari
4. Clark
5. Martinez
6. Alexander
7. A. Jones
8. J. Williams

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok...these are my top picks. Unfortunately I did not find 10 that I wanted to include.
1. Rodgers
2. Adams
3. Backhtiari
4. Clark
5. Martinez
6. Alexander
7. A. Jones
8. J. Williams

Jamal Williams?

JAMAL WILLIAMS?!

I'm done for the day. Already found the worst/best comment on the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts