Rank our top 10 players

D

Deleted member 6794

I honestly don't know why people always say Brady gets rid of the ball so quickly. Sometimes he does. But I have seen plenty of times where his line allows him to stand back there and wait for someone to open up.

Brady threw the ball after an average of 2.45 seconds compared to Rodgers at 2.75 in 2018. While that might not sound like much that's a significant difference.

In the playoffs that number dropped to 2.20 for Brady.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady threw the ball after an average of 2.45 seconds compared to Rodgers at 2.75 in 2018. While that might not sound like much that's a significant difference.

In the playoffs that number dropped to 2.20 for Brady.
Not to disagree with you really but I do believe that defenses will play NE receivers looser (so open early) because they realize they are probably not going to get to Brady in time and he will complete a longer pass. So many variables to consider, including down and distance and your ability to run the ball. He does seem to be able stand safely in the pocket quite often. Not always but his line seems to do a very good job.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
honestly the quote you are referring to is the most ridiculous thing i’ve seen yet. I have been very willing to criticize Rodgers where I think it’s warranted, but to suggest that Rodgers needs more film study is the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever read. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Quarterback that is more knowledgeable about the offense he is running. that doesn’t mean I think he always makes the right decision on every play.. because I don’t. But to suggest he needs to study more is silly.

I never said that. As I stated I put more of the blame on the lack of creativity with the coaching. I'm just saying as far as 2018 goes with preparation and everything that goes into it, it's not impossible to say that Rodgers may deserve just a little criticism.

It's public knowledge him and coaching weren't on the same page. Maybe it's more so of a problem as a group they (Rodgers and MM) could have used their time more efficiently if they were 100% on the same page, but since they weren't the time being wasted on trying to figure each other out could have been spent on film study/any sort of preparation. All of this may not even be an Aaron Rodgers problem at all, but from what I saw last year he didn't find open guys early at all. He had to make a HOF type throw too often. I don't think all of the problems were attributed to his injury, the offense was so much more smoother even in 2017.

I'm just throwing it out there that lack of preparation from him could be a problem, even though I don't think it is. I just think it's a possibility especially if he wanted MM fired. We can both agree that this offense was a disaster last year compared to what it has been since 2009.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said that. As I stated I put more of the blame on the lack of creativity with the coaching. I'm just saying as far as 2018 goes with preparation and everything that goes into it, it's not impossible to say that Rodgers may deserve just a little criticism.

It's public knowledge him and coaching weren't on the same page. Maybe it's more so of a problem as a group they (Rodgers and MM) could have used their time more efficiently if they were 100% on the same page, but since they weren't the time being wasted on trying to figure each other out could have been spent on film study/any sort of preparation. All of this may not even be an Aaron Rodgers problem at all, but from what I saw last year he didn't find open guys early at all. He had to make a HOF type throw too often. I don't think all of the problems were attributed to his injury, the offense was so much more smoother even in 2017.

I'm just throwing it out there that lack of preparation from him could be a problem, even though I don't think it is. I just think it's a possibility especially if he wanted MM fired. We can both agree that this offense was a disaster last year compared to what it has been since 2009.
I think I understand where you are trying to go... but I don’t think more film study is the issue. I think that both Rodgers and McCarthy understood the situation. I’m not so sure they agreed about how to proceed. I definitely don’t think it was all McCarthy’s fault (nor Rodgers for that matter) but rather a fundamental difference of opinions on how the offense should be run. I liked McCarthy, but for now, I am optimistic that a change in Coaching will find the right answers. We will have to wait and see.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ranked based on what? Last season impact? If so here goes...

1. Davante Adams
2. David Bakhtiari
3. Kenny Clark
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Aaron Jones
6. Blake Martinez
7. Corey Linsley
8. Tramon Williams
9. Jamaal Williams
10. Kyler Fackrell

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ranked based on what? Last season impact? If so here goes...

1. Davante Adams
2. David Bakhtiari
3. Kenny Clark
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Aaron Jones
6. Blake Martinez
7. Corey Linsley
8. Tramon Williams
9. Jamaal Williams
10. Kyler Fackrell

Jaire Alexander was our best DB last year by a good margin.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've felt anxious when he was on the field. Did good in couple of games, but was always a step behind against top WRs iirc.

He was a rookie. He was a very good rookie.

Now imagine our other CB's on top WR's. Would've been much worse. Putting Tramon above Jaire on any ranking is awful.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not to disagree with you really but I do believe that defenses will play NE receivers looser (so open early) because they realize they are probably not going to get to Brady in time and he will complete a longer pass. So many variables to consider, including down and distance and your ability to run the ball. He does seem to be able stand safely in the pocket quite often. Not always but his line seems to do a very good job.

The Patriots offensive line definitely deserves credit for Brady's success. He gets the ball out faster than most quarterbacks in the league though for whatever reason.

While you haven't actually criticized Rodgers for not studying film you have implied that could be an issue at least three times over your last two posts.

Once again, in my opinion that's a ridiculous suggestion.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
When a full time NFL player is playing 1000+ snaps in a season, you can always find exceptions to their norm.

Any fan can undoubtedly recall seeing plays where Brady holds the ball, and others where Rodgers gets it our quick.

The point is what they do, typically.

Brady, for years now, has been one of the quickest snap to throw QB's in the league, and his OL benefits.

Rodgers, for years now, has been one of the slowest snap to throw QB's in the league, and his OL is stressed.

We all understand why this is-- Rodgers is a playmaker and he likes to escape and create chunk gains going off script. It's been part of his greatness. But if and when he can't escape like he used to, he needs to adjust his game. If a QB holds the ball and can't escape the defense, then he's going to get sacked a lot. And a lot of those sacks will be his fault, not his offensive line's.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have 10 players I consider worthy, so my list stops at 7.

1. Rodgers
2. Adam's
3. Bacteria
4. Jones
5. Clark
6. Daniels
7. Alexander

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to put Lane Taylor in the top 10 above Bulaga. Too injury prone, need to be looking for his replacement possibly even in this year's draft.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have to put Lane Taylor in the top 10 above Bulaga. Too injury prone, need to be looking for his replacement possibly even in this year's draft.

While the Packers need to think about Bulaga's replacement this offseason he's definitely a better player than Taylor when healthy.

Members online