Rams waive Anthony Smith

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To all of you who were complaining about the Packers not keeping him, the guy didn't even last the season in St. Louis.

Makes me wonder if we knew what we were doing all along.. Hrmmm...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if Anthony smith even played a single snap for the rams. Then again maybe he probably couldn't adjust to the rams defense considering he's so accustomed to being around 3-4 defenses. I certainly would not mind if we gave him another shot, who knows if our secondary can stay healthy for the second half of the season.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is the source of this report, searched to find out why he was released and I can't find anything about him being released and he is still on the active roaster on the Rams web site

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is the source of this report, searched to find out why he was released and I can't find anything about him being released and he is still on the active roaster on the Rams web site

I got it via Twitter from Adam Schefter yesterday, but a quick google search resulted in:

St. Louis Rams The St. Louis Rams release Anthony Smith

Though the website not being updated right away doesn't surprise me, I'm surprised I'm not seeing it in more places.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how did Jacksonville get smith over TT's second attempt to get him? Why did the Rams cut him? Its also my understanding that Rouse is going to Start for the Giants this Sunday. What a mess if Collins or Bigby gets hurt.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rouse was awful for us though. Did you watch him play for us this season? Took the most terrible cuts to tackle and was the main reason the other team made big plays.

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how did Jacksonville get smith over TT's second attempt to get him? Why did the Rams cut him? Its also my understanding that Rouse is going to Start for the Giants this Sunday. What a mess if Collins or Bigby gets hurt.

He was claimed off waivers. At 3-4, they have a worse record than we do at this point in time, which means they get priority over us.

Members online