1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Quote of the Week III

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yes, I know the feeling.

Listening to the news in the car and explaining to an 8 year old inquiring about a stain on a blue dress.

Or when your 4 year old can read a sign on a business, "Daddy, what is nude dancing?"

Oh the sudden things that come up as a parent!!

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Times like this make me glad i have no kids. How do explain such cruelty to children?

4. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would think having the kids themselves would far outweigh any explanations that had to be given.

5. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Agreed the joys of children overpower some of the challenges, however it becomes tough at times to explain why things happen in this world. Things should be simply right and wrong, however in todays society of what happens and what is acceptable makes something cloudy for a 5 and 8 year old.

Kids are smarter and pick up more than you can imagine.

6. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't say it was an easy task to explain the horrors and happiness of this world to a child. I just don't think it's an option to not have children because of the explanations that have to be made. It's part of what makes you a parent. You have to trust your own values and teach them to your children. At some point they will grow into their own person.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think you read LOTS more into what i posted. Fact is, my wife had several miscarriages during our marriage. We wanted kids, but it just never worked out. I would have been a GREAT Dad. (I was taught by my Dad, who died when i was 16, and he was a GREAT Father).
    I more meant that seeing as I don't have kids, and have no choice in it, i might as well TRY to find something positive out of the fact that i got ripped off in never having the honor of someone calling me "Dad".
    I would have explained ANYTHING till i was blue in the face if I could have been a Daddy to someone.
    Damn........now i'm good and depressed.

8. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. That truly is a tragedy. I am sure you would have been a great dad...starting with the fact your child would have been a Packer fan :thumbsup:

9. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i knew what you meant buddy.

10. PackFaninBucLand

PackFaninBucLand Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You can have my kids, Cheesey!

11. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    that got outta hand quick.... really jumped up a notch.

12. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That really hurts to not have kids of your own. Have you considered adoption?

13. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Don't you ask LJ to tell you who her "daddy" is? :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    First............sorry to all. I haven't been feeling at all well this week, so i'm a little touchy. Plus i was at my nephew's for a party last weekend, and heard my wife talking about the miscarriage she had at about the same time my niece was born. That would have made my child the same age as my niece. I guess i kind of felt sorry for myself. Now i'm too old and too damn sick to adopt.
    Oh well.....such is life, hey?
    And any child of mine would have been a Packer fan! OR ELSE!!! :thumbsup:
    (Trippster.......I just don't KNOW about you!!! :rotflmao: )

15. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hang in there Cheesey! We will knock back a few cold ones sometime. Just to cheer you up. :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

16. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    IM sorry about what I said about adoption cheesey. I thought it was insensitive. It hurts to talk about loss.

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It wasn't insensitive PC! I knew that you meant well!
    It's just hard sometimes, thats all. I go to family gatherings and see all the "next genereation" in my family, and my part of the family tree ends after me. Just kind of sucks, thats all.
    Hey Vike4life.......a few cold ones sure wouldn't hurt! :thumbsup:

18. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I missed this whole topic, but, cheesey being one of my favorite posters, I appreciate your loss. To get my two cents in, adoption is a valuable tool for those of you that may think about it. As an adoptee I certainly am a proponent. My genetic parents had to be Packer fans, my Dad roots for the Bears.

19. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a Quote of the Week and Quote of the Week II?

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Packone!
    I usually don't get so upset, it was just one of those things.
    We had looked into adoption years ago, but we were never financially sound enough to be accepted.
    I still felt i could have given a child LOTS of love, but i guess they wanted money more. But hey, I had an impact on alot of kids over the years. I took some hunting and fishing when their parents were too "busy" for them. The sad part is, once their parents noticed them, i was left behind.
    But such is life i guess. I tried to do the right things.

21. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes, but they didn't pertain to the Packers so I excluded them when I did my copy/paste from Peter Kings MMQB :)

22. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    More Leroy Butler quotes from PackerNews.com..

His projection of the team and the fans is straight on and I thought it was interesting about the Moss comments. If Leroy is trying to get a position within the Packers organization... I think pissing off Ted is a incorrect stance.