1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Question @ PACKER FANS

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by randymoonsthepacks, Nov 13, 2009.

1. randymoonsthepacks

randymoonsthepacks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Would you guys be happy if the vikings moved to L.A.? Just wonderin how you felt. I am a part of a vikings forum and the majority of us would NOT want the packers to be moved. I think that would suck. But what do you guys think?

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    No skin off my nose

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I would probably laught my *** during a couple months, do the usual, smack talk...

But, in the long run, it's a good rivalry being close. I wouldn't like it, no.

4. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    No I like the rivalry and dont think cali needs another team anyways.

5. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Love to hate the purple, especially with #4 in the mix now.

LA doesn't care about the NFL & it shows. The NFL cares about the 5 million plus living in the LA area. It doesn't take a genius to realize that moving any current NFL team to LA isn't a sound venture.

6. randymoonsthepacks

Ratings:
    +0
    of course it would be something you could laugh at vikings fans for, just like if the packers got moved i would rub it in puker fans faces all the time. until the season started, then i'd be pretty bummed. oh well

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    LA have had teams in the past, there all gone.

NO need for more

8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    Absolutely not. Look ... back when the Vikies were allowed into the NFL (believe it or not, they were originally supposed to sign on with the AFL ...but at the last minute were allowed in the NFL and dropped the AFL like a bad habit) most Vikies fans Dads were Packers fans - you want to know why all the hostility between the fans of our two teams? You need look no further ... it was from the inception of the Vikies.

Now, we're closing in on 50 years of not-so-mutual animosity... at first, the rivalry was more from the Vikie side than ours, but now the ESPN generation is taking over and suddenly the Vikies/Packers are THE rivalry. I'm a purist ... still hatin' on the Bears and their fans. There aren't any other teams fans that I've enjoyed sharing time at Lambeau with moreso than Vikie fans. I'm sure that they have their share of a##hole fans too ... I just haven't run into them yet.

I'd hate to see the Vikies move to LA or San Antonio or anywhere ... because of the tradition. I mean, the Vikies are ****-head, dinks ... but they're OUR ****-head dinks, ya know? Call it The Central Division, the North Division...whatever you want to call it -- but to me, it's the Black and Blue Division and it just wouldn't be the same.

9. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Personally, I don't care. They'll move another team into the North and i'll hate them just as much.

10. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Not at all, it is fun to dislike a team and even better when the Packers beat them into the ground. And even better when they fall short. Every year :)

11. randymoonsthepacks

Ratings:
    +0
    too bad this year isn't one of those years ;)

12. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    How would the realign the conferences then?

Any ideas?

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    We still need to win from either Chicago at Chicago, Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh or Baltimore in GB to at least be 9-7 and content for a playoff berth. Not to say win the games we're supposed to. And the division is all but over, with Minnesota going 8-1. It's really though, still, but we are alive. We need to play even better than we played today, every week.

Doable? Yeah. But though. After this game, I don't feel like it's very improbable, like I felt yesterday. But I wouldn't bet on it.

14. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +33
    In the end this win against Dallas *could* mean a tie-breaker in terms of determining wild cards ...

Even though the Eagles lost as well today the NFC East is far from decided so even with a 9-7 record, having won this game could prove out to be huge ...

15. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    This very well could be a tiebreaker but I think the Cowboys will go on and win their division. They have to play even better than what they did today if they want to get into the playoffs

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    I don't give a damn. I'm not a Viqueens fan. Move away. Fine. Just get out of here already. 'K?
    But to even THINK that the Packers could move is just sooooo wrong.
    That's not opinion, that's fact. The fans own the team which guarantees that the Pack will always be in Green Bay. And because of the fan ownership, that is just one more reason why the Packer organization is the best in the NFL.
    End of story.

17. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17

Not to mention, Its all about football in Greenbay, whereas there are probably more Minnesota Wild fans in Minnesota then there are Vikings fans. The sport of Hockey is probably the most popular in Minnesota compared to any other state in America...

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    What's hockey?

19. BBalzWI

BBalzWI Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I hate the vikings but that being said, I would not want them to move.

I love history in the NFL and rivalries, and if the purple vs Green and Gold was no more, I would be irritated.

I already hate that Favre took away from the history and rivalry aspect a little by playing for them. . .but to lose the entire rival would be another story.

I hope the vikings stay put in minnesota, enough of this though. . .

:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

ok now that's better. =P

20. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    I think it's interesting that some guy who's screen name randymoonsthepacks is on here.
    Since Moss has yet to be part of a SB team, we get the last laugh.
    And I had to google to remind myself of the mooning thing that happened like sooooooo yesterday.