Qb science experiment

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me and some friends were having a debate and were trying to put the best pair together haha so I'll give you the list and let you choose ...or mix and match yourself. Retiered guys only.

Steve young & Dan Marino
John Elway and Bart Starr
Warren moon and joe Montana
Roger stabauch and Fran tarkenton

I chose Steve Young and Dan Marino myself. Steve young was able to beat you throwing and he could run while Dan Marino was the best pure passer of his era and His release was lighting quick. This combo IMO would produce Aaron Rodgers.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montana and Marino. Intangibles with the perfect passer.

Not bad. It's funny because can you imagine if Rodgers was actually drafted by San Francisco? People say were spoiled by qb play because of who Rodgers took over for and Starr back in the day but Montana, Young, and Rodgers?? There's no doubt that San Francisco has more sb's and the greatest trio of qbs all time. I talked to a Niners fan the other day and he's still gets sick knowing Rodgers could've been there insteAd of Green Bay. Would've softened the blow of passing on Tom Brady several times also. Dah well haha

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not bad. It's funny because can you imagine if Rodgers was actually drafted by San Francisco? People say were spoiled by qb play because of who Rodgers took over for and Starr back in the day but Montana, Young, and Rodgers?? There's no doubt that San Francisco has more sb's and the greatest trio of qbs all time. I talked to a Niners fan the other day and he's still gets sick knowing Rodgers could've been there insteAd of Green Bay. Would've softened the blow of passing on Tom Brady several times also. Dah well haha

Yeah and Jeff Garcia was certainly no slouch either. I'm hoping we get a third hall of fame quarterback after Rodgers, but we are probably due for an era of mediocre qb play.

Last edited:

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me and some friends were having a debate and were trying to put the best pair together haha so I'll give you the list and let you choose ...or mix and match yourself. Retiered guys only.

Steve young & Dan Marino
John Elway and Bart Starr
Warren moon and joe Montana
Roger stabauch and Fran tarkenton

I chose Steve Young and Dan Marino myself. Steve young was able to beat you throwing and he could run while Dan Marino was the best pure passer of his era and His release was lighting quick. This combo IMO would produce Aaron Rodgers.
Amazing that you didn't include Favre. I'm speechless.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical. Happy Holidays.

Oh bah hum bug. Fine, I will admit that Rodgers has some characteristic traits that #4 had. For example the thing with the chin strap that he does...has anyone else noticed that? Rodgers does it after almost every play and #4 used to do it as well so it's obvious that's something he definitely picked up from him. His hard count? That's something he learned from #4 to but Rodgers is a little better at it. Oh and one more thing...some of the body contortions Rodgers does when he throws the ball is very similar to #4 except Rodgers is wayyy more accurate with those throws. There you happy now haha.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh bah hum bug. Fine, I will admit that Rodgers has some characteristic traits that #4 had. For example the thing with the chin strap that he does...has anyone else noticed that? Rodgers does it after almost every play and #4 used to do it as well so it's obvious that's something he definitely picked up from him. His hard count? That's something he learned from #4 to but Rodgers is a little better at it. Oh and one more thing...some of the body contortions Rodgers does when he throws the ball is very similar to #4 except Rodgers is wayyy more accurate with those throws. There you happy now haha.
Chin strap, hard count and contortions. My guess is over the next couple of years Aaron Rodgers will compliment your buddy for more than that. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Never happy when fans or people don't appreciate positive contributions of others. Haha.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Chin strap, hard count and contortions. My guess is over the next couple of years Aaron Rodgers will compliment your buddy for more than that. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Never happy when fans or people don't appreciate positive contributions of others. Haha.

The opposition fans certainly appreciated his contributions :laugh:.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron has used Bretts body motion AFTER a release..The way Brett would sort of throw and slide away..

Aaron practiced it to make it more natural

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Never gets old.

Nope...and it never will but the one against the saints is much better. I thank the Lord every Sunday that I no longer have to watch a game with an out of control QB at the helm. Any ints the opponent gets will be few and far between and will most likely be on tipped balls. Sundays are soooooo much more enjoyable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts