Purple at lambeau

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else feel it sickening how many Vikings fans are at lambeau right now? Sorry I am in new York and can't be there but all of our "fans" and season ticket holders should be ashamed.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that often that they've been the better team this late in the year
gonna flock over the border to take in the rare sight
*shrug*

Packer4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed that, too. I can't say as I blame them, though. Why would one want to go freeze their butt off watching the joke this team has become? I'm questioning my decision to watch it from the comfort of my own home.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota's having a good year, it's no surprise they're traveling well, plus it's an adjoining state.
It's basically a preseason game for the Packers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed that, too. I can't say as I blame them, though. Why would one want to go freeze their butt off watching the joke this team has become? I'm questioning my decision to watch it from the comfort of my own home.
Wait.
That's funny.
I'm having a deja vu.
I could have sworn fans already paid for and went to the preseason games

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Anyone else feel it sickening how many Vikings fans are at lambeau right now? Sorry I am in new York and can't be there but all of our "fans" and season ticket holders should be ashamed.
Bet you don't have a problem with Packer fans doing it at other teams stadiums.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Thati s not true at all. Iti s always mostly Packers fans with some people wearing the opponent's colors. This is the first time in ten years we already were out of playoff contention in Week 16, right?

Why in Gods name would fans go to a game wearing opponents colours ??? That`s just insane.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bill, I agree if the game is in like Philadelphia where their lousy fans harass the living hell out of visiting teams' fans. Detroit is like that...and to what I think is a lesser degree...all stadiums. In Green Bay however, by-and-large, visiting teams fans are mostly welcomed unless they start talking crap. If they come LOOKING for trouble and mouth off in a drunken stupor, one of the local farm boys will kick their *** for them. Saw it Philly after the 4th and 26 game. Philly loud mouths from their notorious 700 Section (or something like that) pushing a pregnant Packers fan around for wearing a Packers jacket to their stadium. 4 Wisconsin guys jumped in...kicked their ***es and ended up being hauled to the stadium "jail" that Philly fans always bragged about.

Half filled Packer Brother? You exaggerate a hundred million, gazillion, trillion times per day, or at minimum, just this once. Vikings fans have always traveled well to Green Bay and are willing to pay excruciating high prices too - although for this game, I can't imagine what the secondary market was getting per ticket. Fact is that Viking fans in my history have always been the most fun fans to share Lambeau with. I have NEVER had a bad experience with visiting Viking fans, matter of fact, just the opposite is true.

Second, Viking fans, as someone said, are in a kind of 'rarified' air this season...and it's not unlike when the Pack resurgence started. Following the '95 season the fan base 'changed' with a lot of new fans who kind of emerged out of nowhere. The Vikings, though no strangers to the playoffs haven't had a real "Super Bowl" type team since Favre went there on his mercenary mission to "stick it to Ted". Of course there is going to be a resurgence in "fringe fan" interest. That's the way that boat floats. Why wouldn't Vikings fans who can't get in the Glass Menagerie due to hometown interest buy up tickets in an opposing team's stadium that constitutes a day trip? It's all about green backs anyway...Minnesota folks party with the best of 'em so, I say "Welcome to Green Bay, Heidi."

Do not confuse internet Viking fans with their REAL fan base.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Bill, I agree if the game is in like Philadelphia where their lousy fans harass the living hell out of visiting teams' fans. Detroit is like that...and to what I think is a lesser degree...all stadiums. In Green Bay however, by-and-large, visiting teams fans are mostly welcomed unless they start talking crap. If they come LOOKING for trouble and mouth off in a drunken stupor, one of the local farm boys will kick their *** for them. Saw it Philly after the 4th and 26 game. Philly loud mouths from their notorious 700 Section (or something like that) pushing a pregnant Packers fan around for wearing a Packers jacket to their stadium. 4 Wisconsin guys jumped in...kicked their ***es and ended up being hauled to the stadium "jail" that Philly fans always bragged about.

Half filled Packer Brother? You exaggerate a hundred million, gazillion, trillion times per day, or at minimum, just this once. Vikings fans have always traveled well to Green Bay and are willing to pay excruciating high prices too - although for this game, I can't imagine what the secondary market was getting per ticket. Fact is that Viking fans in my history have always been the most fun fans to share Lambeau with. I have NEVER had a bad experience with visiting Viking fans, matter of fact, just the opposite is true.

Second, Viking fans, as someone said, are in a kind of 'rarified' air this season...and it's not unlike when the Pack resurgence started. Following the '95 season the fan base 'changed' with a lot of new fans who kind of emerged out of nowhere. The Vikings, though no strangers to the playoffs haven't had a real "Super Bowl" type team since Favre went there on his mercenary mission to "stick it to Ted". Of course there is going to be a resurgence in "fringe fan" interest. That's the way that boat floats. Why wouldn't Vikings fans who can't get in the Glass Menagerie due to hometown interest buy up tickets in an opposing team's stadium that constitutes a day trip? It's all about green backs anyway...Minnesota folks party with the best of 'em so, I say "Welcome to Green Bay, Heidi."

Do not confuse internet Viking fans with their REAL fan base.

I obviously misread the statement. My point was why wouldn`t opposing fans wear thier own colours ? I once flew into Green Bay wearing our home colours on a plane load of Cowboy fans and had no trouble at all. They were very respectful.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even that's too many. If fans sell at least four games a year, their tickets should be revoked. Similar to what Denver started doing.

As much as the fan in me wants to agree with you I just can't. I paid good money for my tickets and I should be able to do what I want with them (I don't actually have STs I'm just playing devils advocate) I completely agree with revoking STs when the buyers cause problems but just because the ST holder sells the tickets you want to revoke them? I do not agree with that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I obviously misread the statement. My point was why wouldn`t opposing fans wear thier own colours ? I once flew into Green Bay wearing our home colours on a plane load of Cowboy fans and had no trouble at all. They were very respectful.

I think the vast majority of fans everywhere would be respectful of anyone wearing opposing colors as long as those wearing the opposing colors are also being respectful.

My last Packer/viking game at Lambeau was a night game and I spent the day tailgating with many people dressed in purple and I had a great time with most of them. On the other hand there were some I wouldn't have pis**ed on if they were on fire. And then there were a few I actually wanted to set on fire.

Members online

Latest posts