Pro Bowl players announced today

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Make your vote for the number of Packers on the Pro Bowl roster..

Pickett and Driver get ripped off in the voting.

Here is my guess..
Favre
Jennings
Lee
Kampman
Barnett (alternate)
Woodson

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml
Pro Bowl players announced today
The Pro Bowl teams will be announced at 3 p.m. today.

The Green Bay Packers haven't had more than two Pro Bowl players since the 2004 season, but they figure to top that mark this year because of a turnaround season that had them 11-2 when players and coaches voted for Pro Bowl spots last week.

Brett Favre, who led all fan voting, is a lock for one of the three quarterback spots for the NFC. Defensive end Aaron Kampman, who went to his first Pro Bowl last year, isn't having the monster sack season he had last year but ranks among the NFL leaders with 11 and has had another strong season overall. Plus, he now has name recognition from last year.

Nick Barnett is having his best season at middle linebacker and should have a chance for one of two spots, especially considering Chicago's Brian Urlacher has had a down season because of a back injury. Cornerback Charles Woodson has received extensive national publicity this year after getting eight interceptions last year and four more this season.

Other possibilities are receiver Donald Driver, who went to the Pro Bowl last year and is tied for eighth in the NFC in receptions with 83; receiver Greg Jennings, who has only 46 receptions but ranks second in the conference in touchdown catches with 11; cornerback Al Harris; and perhaps linebacker A.J. Hawk, who was second in fan voting at outside linebacker, and left tackle Chad Clifton, who has pass blocked well this year despite playing with a chronically sore knee.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre and Kampman are shoo-ins. Woodson should make it. He sewed up his spot when he missed the Dallas game and the Packer secondary got toasted. I think Barnett will be an alternate. If that counts in this poll it brings my total to four.

Lee will miss out because Whitten, Shockey, and Cooley are better and much more visible. Chad Clifton and Al Harris might sneak in as alternates.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Lee will miss out because Whitten, Shockey, and Cooley are better and much more visible. Chad Clifton and Al Harris might sneak in as alternates.

Yep, but with Shockey going down to injury... it opens the door for Lee, at least that is my guess.. he will be an alternate.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Favre and Kampman are shoo-ins. Woodson should make it. He sewed up his spot when he missed the Dallas game and the Packer secondary got toasted. I think Barnett will be an alternate. If that counts in this poll it brings my total to four.

Shockey broke his leg sunday..so who knows if he will be able to play, might get Lee a shot in then.

I think maybe the Dallas game might have hurt Al's chances cuz of the way TO played, most people probably didnt realize he wasnt on him all the time.

Not sure any of our o-line will make it since in the bulk of the voting happened when our running game was slow, even tho it has picked up to be one of the best, people might not realize that either...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Yep, but with Shockey going down to injury... it opens the door for Lee, at least that is my guess.. he will be an alternate.

True. I was just thinking about how the voting went, and that was finished before Shockey's injury. If they pick two tight ends and one alternate, Lee should be the alternate now.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted 3, but when it is all said and done I am betting 5-6 guys will be going, that does not include Brett, I doubt he will want to go, I am sure he appreciates the fan voting but I am thinking(just MHO), that Brett would rather go home after the season is over.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
True. I was just thinking about how the voting went, and that was finished before Shockey's injury. If they pick two tight ends and one alternate, Lee should be the alternate now.

Very good point on the voting.. I guess 3pm will tell the story.. thanks for the prespective.

Members online

Latest posts