Pro Bowl Notes

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I hate this game but there are 3 Packers in it so I suppose if there is anything to say about the game in general, a thread isn't a bad idea...

Let's start the thread with this...

McKinnie kicked off Pro Bowl team after second missed practice - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Seems that the massively over-rated Vike LT who never should have made the squad in the first place just got booted from the team for not showing up for practices or functions. I don't ever remember a player getting kicked off of a pro bowl squad before... Way to represent the Vikes there, Bryant... What a ****** bag! If you didn't want to play then don't accept the invite you massive loser! :viksux:

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow that is ridiculous. YOUR fans vote you in and you just completely blow it all off?? Way to rep your organization. Pathetic.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is just being stupid. To be kicked off from a Pro Bowl game it's just incompetence. "Oh, but he was injured" So what? If he was injured, he should have skipped the game right?

Kevin Seifert is a homer, but he got it right: "It’s especially disrespectful for McKinnie, of all people, to blow off the Pro Bowl in this manner. I’ve covered him from the day he was drafted in 2002, and he’s consistently expressed the belief that his run of off-field issues has held him back from the on-field recognition he believes he deserves. So what did he do when he finally did get elected to play in the game? At the very least, he made a mockery of it by participating in only one practice and one meeting."

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't injured! In a previous message on twitter he said that he was out clubbing in miami and had to miss practice.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Seriously....at least say you have a nagging injury or something. Jesus Christ. Only a Viqueen would pull something like this. At least they will take his Pro Bowl check from him. **** that guy. For real.:viksux::viksux:

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
This is yet another thing that makes me proud to be a packer fan and not a queens fan. Btw does anyone else know if Rodgers is starting the pro bowl? Im assuming he is since the other two Qb's are Romo and McNabb

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares??? It's a meaningless game. McK obviously didn't wanna be there and the league acted upon his wishes.

As with everything in life, discretion must be implemented when assessing situations. The Pro Bowl is meaningless, except to ESPN. Had it been a regular season game or playoff game, obviously sentiments would change.

Even if McK were a Packer, I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

OP
OP
Clay's Jock Strap

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Who cares??? It's a meaningless game. McK obviously didn't wanna be there and the league acted upon his wishes.

As with everything in life, discretion must be implemented when assessing situations. The Pro Bowl is meaningless, except to ESPN. Had it been a regular season game or playoff game, obviously sentiments would change.

Even if McK were a Packer, I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

WHO CARES??? Dude, it is that sort of thinking that is what is wrong with the world and our country today.

If you commit to something you go all out and do the best you can. It is still an honor to be selected. The game may be a joke but that does not excuse the behavior. He committed, and he made a mockery of the game, the league, his team and his teammates in the game. If he didn't want to be part of it he should have opted out like others did. Steve Hutchinson is hurt and has played in numerous pro bowls but he is still there practicing and playing in the game like a true professional. Hutchinson didn't whine for years about lack of recognition and then when he finally got it, completely disrespect the game.

It is poor behavior by a guy and defense of that behavior by certain fans that underline the "me first" entitlement so many people today think is the way to act. This sets a bad example for kids who look up to these guys (even though they shouldn't they still do - just look at all of the adult children who still look up to favre).

Anyone who says "who cares" are people who either are not looking at this properly or have really f'd up ethics. Is that the lesson you'd want your children to take from this? "Who cares, it's just a meaningless game..." Pretty sad...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you can either black-n-white every single aspect of life, or you can use discretion to focus on issues of more importance. That's what I choose to do.

For God's sakes, half the NFL cannot read or speak in coherent sentences and you're up in arms over this???

OP
OP
Clay's Jock Strap

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
No I'm not up in arms over it. I find it a predictable outcome from a player who has, over the body of work of his career, been an off the field problem. What I have an issue with is fans who should know better acting like it is no big deal, defending the guy because he plays for the team they root for. I find that deplorable. If this guy was a Packer I'd be leading the rally cry to get rid of his *** instead of defending his inexcusable behavior as "no big deal" and I'd be using it as a teaching example with my small kids as exactly how you DON'T ACT, I wouldn't be saying "the game is a joke so it is a-okay" to behave like a moron.

It is black and white. There is right and there is wrong and in this case there is no middle ground, PERIOD. If you want to say there is, you are showing your troll characteristics or you are truly in need of a moral compass.

charlotte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you can either black-n-white every single aspect of life, or you can use discretion to focus on issues of more importance. That's what I choose to do.

For God's sakes, half the NFL cannot read or speak in coherent sentences and you're up in arms over this???

Oh my God. Are you really that unintelligent? Half the NFL? Really? While that may have been true decades ago, I think you are broadbrushing these players with inaccurate and frankly, dumb bias.

MANY of these players had not only stellar athletic careers in COLLEGE (hint hint) but extremely successful academic careers as well.

Sorry, but the days of Bear Bryant pushing Joe Namath through school are over. Not only does the NFL frown on blatant misuse of the academic system, but the universities themselves face very strict oversight.

Does that mean it does not happen? No. BUT it surely is not the norm.

I can point to players that would run circles around even you with their academic achievements.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only problem is that by calling him a *********, you are giving ********** a bad name. LOL

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it comes to pro sports and outstanding athletes, The Baseball All Star game seems to be the main/biggest one.
I think the Pro-Bowl is somewhat under the radar.
Does hockey and basketball even have similar events?

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it comes to pro sports and outstanding athletes, The Baseball All Star game seems to be the main/biggest one.
I think the Pro-Bowl is somewhat under the radar.
Does hockey and basketball even have similar events?

I second that. The Pro Bowl is the most un-exciting of the all star games.

Yes both the NHL and NBA have all-star weekends. The NHL has a skills competition the night before the game that can be very exciting. And their All-Star game is very very intense. There won't be one this year though, due to the Olympics and their collective bargaining agreement.

The NBA holds a similar all-star weekend, but I think theirs lasts a couple more days.

IMO I think the NHL has the best All-Star Game/Weekend. Maybe the NFL should do what the NHL & NBA are doing and hold a skills competition where the Pro Bowlers participate against each other.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts