Prime-time contenders

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if the Packers manage to get a better record than the giants, i seriously bet that there will be a championship win in Green Bay because, as last year, giants will be the team to beat because of their acquisitions.

thats how i see it, what about you?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers... Haven't lost anyone except a backup WR and a backup CB, and there's the draft... And don't forget about the Patriots, with Gisele Bündchen's husband as the signal caller, they'll be though to beat. (Just on the note, WHY THE HELL PEOPLE THINK MATT CASSEL IS GOOD? BECAUSE HE TOOK A 16-0 TEAM AND FAILED TO REACH THE PLAYOFFS????). But the Giants are a really great team.

OP
OP
A. Rodgers

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i feel though that the packers defence (in the 3-4) could bottle up the steelers offence, and the patriots's defence is getting weaker every year because many of their men are veterans.

still, i think that packers could make a run if they play like they should.

jaykoby7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah i agree with u arod. we just have to fix our defense and special teams. good luck with that though. Ted Thompson sucks in the off season.

OP
OP
A. Rodgers

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, he sucks all the damn time :(

but he may do some good now this offseason... (crosses fingers)

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
(Just on the note, WHY THE HELL PEOPLE THINK MATT CASSEL IS GOOD? BECAUSE HE TOOK A 16-0 TEAM AND FAILED TO REACH THE PLAYOFFS????).
They think he's good because he led a team to 11-5 after it lost it's leader and could have just as easily threw in the towel for 2008. And he did it in what was basically his rookie year. The guy is legit.

As far as the 2009 Packers go, it's way too early to start the guesswork, but that makes it more fun, I think they'll be better. But I think Minnesota's going to be a lot better. I don't see us making the playoffs this year, though I see us contending for a wild card.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jess said:
PackersRS said:
(Just on the note, WHY THE HELL PEOPLE THINK MATT CASSEL IS GOOD? BECAUSE HE TOOK A 16-0 TEAM AND FAILED TO REACH THE PLAYOFFS????).
They think he's good because he led a team to 11-5 after it lost it's leader and could have just as easily threw in the towel for 2008. And he did it in what was basically his rookie year. The guy is legit.

As far as the 2009 Packers go, it's way too early to start the guesswork, but that makes it more fun, I think they'll be better. But I think Minnesota's going to be a lot better. I don't see us making the playoffs this year, though I see us contending for a wild card.
Ok, I was a little harsh on Cassel. But there are some "experts" that are stating this guy is a top 10 QB!!!
And I agree with you, although as a fan I allways expect us to go 16-0, the transition to a 3-4 isn't done in one day, even though ALL teams that Capers took improved in defense DRASTICALLY in the next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts