Predictions For The Back Stretch

Which Games Will The Packers Win?

• Total voters

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have seen Lamar Jacksons before. Colin Kaepernick. Cam Newton. Mike Vick. RG3. They look good Early in their career, then they get paid, then they get figured out, then they get hurt, then they flame out. Honestly the only one that really has done it successfully is Russell Wilson but he is an actual accurate passer.

Lamar has 3 games this season where he has scored more than once and only 5 games where he’s had a positive turnover ratio. He is being carried by his team.
One hit wonders. One just took a liking to taking a knee as an occupation.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no such thing as a "trash" 8-3 team. LOL.

Granted, they've had a couple of rough outings this year. But you don't get to 8-3 without being good. If they play their best ball, they are a dangerous team. As long as Lamar is playing, they have my respect.

The Ravens are definitely a dangerous team even if they have struggled at times this year. I don't consider Lamar to be a good passer but him being a threat to run the ball like no other quarterback in NFL history opens up the passing game for them as well.

Lamar's career average completion rate is 64.1%, which is just one notch below Aaron Rodger's 65.1%. Garbage?
- Lamar's career TD % is 6.4, which is higher than AR's 6.3. Garbage?
- Lamar's career INT % is 2.3 compared to AR's incredible 1.3. Lamar threw only 3 INTs in 2018, 6 INTs in 2019, and 9 in 2020. He has thrown 12 so far in 2021 which obviously is not good, but he's clearly not having his best year. Rodger's first four years: 13 INTs in 2008, 7 in 2009, 11 in 2010, and 6 in 2011 so 37 INTs in his first four seasons. Lamar has thrown 30 so far with part of the season to go. Garbage?

Add in that Lamar averages around 1,000 rushing yards and 5-7 rushing TDs per year. What his legs really do is make them more dangerous on 3rd downs. I'm not here to say that Lamar Jackson is equal to or better than Rodgers, but his stats show that he is not garbage.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Lamar's numbers have benefitted from him being a threat to run of every play.

He's not anywhere close to being as talented as Rodgers as a pure passer.

36-10 as a starter in the NFL. Carry on.

The Ravens defense ranking second (2018), third ('19) and second ('20) in points allowed has a lot to do with that.

How many teams in this league can throw 4 INT and still Win?
The last NFL team to accomplish that was the 2013 Bengals and Andy Dalton.

Unfortunately that is not the last time that happened in the NFL.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Ravens defense ranking second (2018), third ('19) and second ('20) in points allowed has a lot to do with that.
There's no doubt. But his offenses have finishes of first and seventh the past couple of years along with winning an MVP. He's got a lot to do with their success as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no doubt. But his offenses have finishes of first and seventh the past couple of years along with winning an MVP. He's got a lot to do with their success as well.

There's no doubt Lamar presents a huge challenge as him being a threat to run the ball sets up their passing game although he's not a good thrower by any means.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't lose another game. One for the thumb in '21.
Yeah it's hard to see the Packers losing any of the remaining games. I was a little concerned about the Ravens until I saw them play the Steelers.

And I think that also means they'll get the #1 seed, again. I think they hold tie breakers with the Cardinals and the Bucs. The Cardinals will lose one game in the next month.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that statement is sheer ignorance.

One of us is right.
Lamar Jackson is a good QB, one of the better ones in the NFL. It still takes a team, as any GB fan should know. Teams could do a lot worse than Jackson, good arm, great runner, shows poise in the pocket. Not much to dislike.

Reaction score
The more I ponder this back 5

If GB nets 2 starters back before losing any contest of the 5. I think they go 5-0. Much will depend on the Bears,Ravens game outcome. If we can start 2-0 and net + each week on injuries? We should finish 14-3

D

Deleted member 6794

And I think that also means they'll get the #1 seed, again. I think they hold tie breakers with the Cardinals and the Bucs. The Cardinals will lose one game in the next month.

You're right about the Packers holding the tie breaker over both the Cardinals and Buccaneers if they win out.

Lamar Jackson is a good QB, one of the better ones in the NFL. It still takes a team, as any GB fan should know. Teams could do a lot worse than Jackson, good arm, great runner, shows poise in the pocket. Not much to dislike.

I don't agree that Lamar is a good passer. He's dangerous because of his ability to run the ball creating opportunities in the passing game.

Members online

Latest posts