Which Games Will The Packers Win?

• Total voters
OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lamar is garbage? Sounds like fake internet bravado to me.

The guy consistently produces and helps his team win. What he lacks in the passing game is made up for in the running game. He is a different QB for sure, and frustrating at times (so was Favre), but garbage???

- Lamar's career average completion rate is 64.1%, which is just one notch below Aaron Rodger's 65.1%. Garbage?
- Lamar's career TD % is 6.4, which is higher than AR's 6.3. Garbage?
- Lamar's career INT % is 2.3 compared to AR's incredible 1.3. Lamar threw only 3 INTs in 2018, 6 INTs in 2019, and 9 in 2020. He has thrown 12 so far in 2021 which obviously is not good, but he's clearly not having his best year. Rodger's first four years: 13 INTs in 2008, 7 in 2009, 11 in 2010, and 6 in 2011 so 37 INTs in his first four seasons. Lamar has thrown 30 so far with part of the season to go. Garbage?

Add in that Lamar averages around 1,000 rushing yards and 5-7 rushing TDs per year. What his legs really do is make them more dangerous on 3rd downs. I'm not here to say that Lamar Jackson is equal to or better than Rodgers, but his stats show that he is not garbage.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The guy consistently produces and helps his team win. What he lacks in the passing game is made up for in the running game. He is a different QB for sure, and frustrating at times (so was Favre), but garbage???

- Lamar's career average completion rate is 64.1%, which is just one notch below Aaron Rodger's 65.1%. Garbage?
- Lamar's career INT % is 2.3 compared to AR's incredible 1.3. Lamar threw only 3 INTs in 2018, 6 INTs in 2019, and 9 in 2020. He has thrown 12 so far in 2021 which obviously is not good, but he's clearly not having his best year. Rodger's first four years: 13 INTs in 2008, 7 in 2009, 11 in 2010, and 6 in 2011 so 37 INTs in his first four seasons. Lamar has thrown 30 so far with part of the season to go. Garbage?

Add in that Lamar averages around 1,000 rushing yards and 5-7 rushing TDs per year. What his legs really do is make them more dangerous on 3rd downs. I'm not here to say that Lamar Jackson is equal to or better than Rodgers, but his stats show that he is not garbage.
Well said. Even if you subscribe to the theory that he isn't really that good of a "traditional" QB (the stats don't support that by the way) Jackson adds a dimension that most QBs don't. If all you have to do is put a spy on him to follow him everywhere that's a big advantage in itself as it essentially takes one of your defenders out of the complete game. .

People who say things like "all you have to do is..." are forgetting that you still have to do it. You could have said all you needed to do to stop Lombardi's Packers was to stop the power sweep. Everyone knew it but few could do it.

Any time you have a player that makes your opponent radically change the way they would normally play the game that is not a garbage player

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
15 passing TDs and 12 INTs. He’s been found out as a passer. Which is that he can’t throw or go through his reads.

Yes, yes those are two parts of his statistical lines presently.

Still only one of us is right.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and maybe we can get back onto the backstretch? I'm saying it's a sweep and 14-3. Just hope AZ drops one along the way.

Reaction score
I seem to remember the same talk about Cousins being trash, yet he just beat us and it was mostly with his arm. While we should handle the Ravens, this is a Road game against a team who can beat us.

I don’t believe you go into any contest with even a glimmer of arrogance. You treat every team like they are on an upswing and going to play tough. Football is a very mental game. You’ve got to go into each week like it’s your playoffs on the line. That even goes for the Lions. Teams like that have nothing to lose. You’ll either beat them by 3 scores,, or they’ll nip you by 1 point. They’ll do anything to Win, fake punts, going for it on 4th down etc..

I do like our chances better while playing at Lambeau in December-Jan.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm not even going to make a prediction for the record-even though it's just for S&G's ... running the table is a possibility for sure, but then we'll have the bandwagon media beating that drum and our guys start reading their own press like the last two years. A little humiliation from the purple clowns did nothing to soften the drum beating ... he'll, I think a good comeuppance from any one of the remaining teams would be a good thing.

My crystal ball is in storage until we get guys back.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
36-10 as a starter in the NFL. Carry on.

They hide him as a passer. And he’s on a rookie deal. We will see what happens when he gets paid. I expect him to flame out quickly like all these other running QBs that can’t throw.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They hide him as a passer. And he’s on a rookie deal. We will see what happens when he gets paid. I expect him to flame out quickly like all these other running QBs that can’t throw.

You're definitive claim of that he cannot throw is not substantiated over his career so far.

He is not a pure passing QB, not by any stretch - everyone that knows even a tiny bit about football realizes this.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're definitive claim of that he cannot throw is not substantiated over his career so far.

He is not a pure passing QB, not by any stretch - everyone that knows even a tiny bit about football realizes this.
That’s true… and I guess the question is …is he a good enough passer to compliment his ability to make things happen with his feet. So far I think the answer has been yes. While personally, that is not something I would want long term in my franchise QB due to the likelihood of a shorter career... taken in the context of this discussion and how it affects his ability to present a challenge to the Green Bay Packers this season… I think it’s obvious that he is far from a “trash QB” and the Ravens may present the biggest challenge left on the Packers regular season schedule.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baltimore is trash, why would you be afraid of them? Campbell has been "the spy" on Heinecke, Murray, Mahomes & Wilson with great success. Our OLB's pressure and keep contain with Campbell locking-down the inside and Lamaar Jackson has nowhere to run. His passing game is extremely inconsistent so their offense regularly stagnates. 5-0 to close the season, 14-3 and the #1 seed... and that's with our current players. IF Alexander, Z, Myers and/or Bakhtiari return it becomes even more (dare I say) "easy".
I can get down with this and really hope it works out this way.

Reaction score
I’m not as concerned with their QB as I am with their Defense. The Ravens just played the Browns and Lamar threw 4 INT. However the Ravens D allowed 10 points. How many teams in this league can throw 4 INT and still Win?
The last NFL team to accomplish that was the 2013 Bengals and Andy Dalton.
The week previous (to that 4 INT Win) is one that Lamar didn’t even play, yet Baltimore Won on the Road at Soldier Field. That D is legit

That said. I think the Packers go 4-1 down the stretch. Maybe 5-0 If they start getting healthy

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to think they lose 1 more too. Not sure which one though.
It’s hard to Win 5 in a row in this league. I’m sure all of us want 5 Wins though. If we start netting some starters along the way? then we have a much better shot at 5-0. We Squirreled through the toughest part of our season and lost 2 contests. 1 without Aaron Rodgers, on the road and against arguably a top 5 team. Another against Minnesota, on the road and by a very thin margin
The Silver lining is we play 3 of 5 at Lambeau and 1 of the 2 remaining road contests is Detroit.
Also I like our remaining schedule compared to the other teams we are vying with for top seeding. Arizona could very well lose 1-2 games. The same with Tampa Bay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still surprised that out of the eleven people that voted in the poll above, two picked the Week 18 game against the Lions for one of our losses. Personally I don't think that the Lions can beat our backups, who will likely be playing in that one.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
make that tree. gotta root for our division underdog even if it means to sacrifice our win streak.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Tampa schedule is what I'm honed in on. It's very favorable that they could run the table but we shall see.
Yeah the only team with a shot are the Bills. All the rest are very poor teams.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
And that statement is sheer ignorance.

One of us is right.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Lamar Jackson is garbage but if was only capable of 4.7 seconds instead of a reported 4.34 in the 40 then the narrative changes dramatically. He's average as a passer but a freakishly fast/twitchy runner.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have seen Lamar Jacksons before. Colin Kaepernick. Cam Newton. Mike Vick. RG3. They look good Early in their career, then they get paid, then they get figured out, then they get hurt, then they flame out. Honestly the only one that really has done it successfully is Russell Wilson but he is an actual accurate passer.

Lamar has 3 games this season where he has scored more than once and only 5 games where he’s had a positive turnover ratio. He is being carried by his team.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not as concerned with their QB as I am with their Defense. The Ravens just played the Browns and Lamar threw 4 INT. However the Ravens D allowed 10 points. How many teams in this league can throw 4 INT and still Win?
The last NFL team to accomplish that was the 2013 Bengals and Andy Dalton.
The week previous (to that 4 INT Win) is one that Lamar didn’t even play, yet Baltimore Won on the Road at Soldier Field. That D is legit

That said. I think the Packers go 4-1 down the stretch. Maybe 5-0 If they start getting healthy
The Ravens also gave up 41 and 31 to Cincy and Minn in consecutive weeks. They shut down the Browns because they loaded the box to stop the run and dared an injured Baker Mayfield to beat them. The know that won't work against Rodgers. This game could turn into a shootout. I think Lamar is going to cause tremendous problems with his running.

Members online

Latest posts