Predicted to lose 41-24

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
And every team does have a 50/50 chance of winning. Every. Single. Team. No matter who they play or the game.
If you really think the past should have no impact on the analysis of a game, let's do this: For the rest of the season I'll pick the winners of every regular season game. After the season, for every game I'm above .500 you pay me $100 and for every game I'm below .500 I'll pay you $100. Or $5 or $10 depending upon your financial circumstances. If you'd like a bigger sample, we can do for all of next season. If every team has a 50/50 chance of winning, it should be really close, right?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic about the Packers defense. But as long as they don't prove to be able to contain an elite QB I'll remain skeptical about them as well.
Any references to the defense should be divided between pre-Matthews move and post-Matthews move. Clay has solidified this defense a great deal by being allowed to be a sideline-to-sideline player.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you really think the past should have no impact on the analysis of a game, let's do this: For the rest of the season I'll pick the winners of every regular season game. After the season, for every game I'm above .500 you pay me $100 and for every game I'm below .500 I'll pay you $100. Or $5 or $10 depending upon your financial circumstances. If you'd like a bigger sample, we can do for all of next season. If every team has a 50/50 chance of winning, it should be really close, right?
I told you we would win!!
I am right and you are wrong. Wrong, wrong wrong to base present games on past ones!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See? I told ALL OF YOU DOUBTERS that we would win!
It should feel good to be wrong.
It feels real good to me to be right!

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very impressed with the defense. I thought it'd be more of a shootout, but the defense was able to get the job done. Great scheme(props to Capers), tackling could have been better but I'm happy. This is really the first time we've slowed down an elite QB is a long time, and it gives me hope for the future.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is pointless to look at past games and think xyz will happen in a present or future games.
Just because it rained on say, October 15th does it mean it will always rain on October 15th every year?
Of course not! Football is like that. Unpredictable.
Every team has their day. Don't believe me? Go ask the Raiders, Bucs, Browns, Rams or any other bottom dwelling team that manages to pull of a win.
C'mon guys! Have faith in the Pack that they can do this. Especially at home where Rodgers is crazy good!
I told you guys we could do it!!!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Rob Demovsky, wherever you are out there...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
See? I told ALL OF YOU DOUBTERS that we would win!
It should feel good to be wrong.
It feels real good to me to be right!

I was right there with ya. Tried to tell everyone to take it to the bank like I did. It shouldn't of even been as close as it was.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was right there with ya. Tried to tell everyone to take it to the bank like I did. It shouldn't of even been as close as it was.
We should have scored at least 30 in this game. That drop by Adams cannot happen again.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Never mind, Bart Scott just picked a blowout too.
What makes this game fairly easy to predict is that the Packers have established a solid trend of getting torched be quality quarterbacks where the games are not really all that close. Bellicheck is a way better defensive guru than Capers so I don't expect the Packers offense to keep up with the Pats. My prediction is Pats 45 Pachets 27. The Packers will score a late td. A lot of the games against elite qb's tend to go in the high 30's to the mid 40's so I think my prediction of 45 for the Pats is realistic. Don't be surprised if you only see the Pats punter holding extra pts. I would feel a lot more optimistic about this game if Peppers were playing better but when I watch him he flashes for a play or two and then totally disappears for very long stretches.

I agree that the game was easy to predict. Easy to predict incorrectly. :laugh:

I went back and forth all week with this one. This game WAS NOT EASY to predict at all.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Fantastic game to win. Happy as a stuck pig. Have to admit that I was afraid my prediction of a final drive win for the Pats was going to come true when Adams dropped the TD and the Pack had to settle for 3...

Dom and the defense did absolutely fantastic. His defensive scheme was superior to Bellicheks today...and I am thrilled...and I get to buy the Chairman and CEO a burger and chili...and I couldn't be happier.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Fantastic game to win. Happy as a stuck pig. Have to admit that I was afraid my prediction of a final drive win for the Pats was going to come true when Adams dropped the TD and the Pack had to settle for 3...

Dom and the defense did absolutely fantastic. His defensive scheme was superior to Bellicheks today...and I am thrilled...and I get to buy the Chairman and CEO a burger and chili...and I couldn't be happier.

I get to buy playoff tickets to Lambeau because I picked a WINNER.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I bet the last 8 minutes of this game was the longest of his life.

Yeah. The thing is that drop and the missed FG made that thing kind of a "heart stopper". That's where you just gotta say "Thank you Vince". What a clutch play by Neal and defense at end and what a clutch catch by Mr. Cobb.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Adams being a young player and all, maybe it shouldn't be too surprising he dropped the key TD pass. Hopefully he learns from it, and remembers to concentrate on the catch before he scores. We really can't complain about him though, he played great otherwise and stepped up when we needed him too.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. The thing is that drop and the missed FG made that thing kind of a "heart stopper". That's where you just gotta say "Thank you Vince". What a clutch play by Neal and defense at end and what a clutch catch by Mr. Cobb.
That's why I'm more than willing to say that we outplayed them more than the score would indicate. I think we are clearly the best in the NFL/world right now. That's not to say that we couldn't lose one of our final four games! While this felt like a Super Bowl in many way, it's NOT. Time to move on to the Falcons, who just beat Arizona.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why I'm more than willing to say that we outplayed them more than the score would indicate. I think we are clearly the best in the NFL/world right now. That's not to say that we couldn't lose one of our final four games! While this felt like a Super Bowl in many way, it's NOT. Time to move on to the Falcons, who just beat Arizona.

Agreed, I find it hard to believe that if we play NE in the Super Bowl(not to get too far ahead of ourselves but that's the only time we would play them again) that the red zone offense would be that awful.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Yeah I agree completely and we are the better team from top to bottom then Pat's. It really felt like a good win because it felt like everyone was picking Patriots. Now after beating both Philly and Patriots I don't feel they have anything to prove like all this "we need to slow down a good offense crap". Just stay focused and take it one week at a time.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I get to buy playoff tickets to Lambeau because I picked a WINNER.
Good for you! Enjoy! Been there and done that... now its your turn. Get after it son.:cool: I chose the Pack some 45+ years ago... and have never regretted it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I told you we would win!! I am right and you are wrong. Wrong, wrong wrong to base present games on past ones!
I did not say the Packers would not win. Just that what you posted was wrong. And it was wrong, wrong, wrong wrong. But if you don't think so do we have a bet?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you need to work on your metaphors/similies. Maybe happy as a pig in mud? :)

Reaction score
It's an uphill battle but the Packers are more than capable of shocking ANYONE.
Haha.. I appreciate your loyalty..especially at this hour.. nice win brother..most teams..they win many games before the playoffs.. but this team? It saves the best win in preparation for the feast

Members online

Latest posts