Predicted to lose 41-24

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It is good that we'd score 30+, Vrill ... I'm more concerned with what sort of smoke and mirrors Capers has dreamed up for this game to contain that Patriot offense. Packers D can't do it straight up in my opinion -- so --- I don't know ... what?...little land mines strategically planted inside the Patriots red zone during commercial breaks?

Demovsky??? Just trolling for clicks in my opinion. Bending over backwards to prove that he is open-minded after covering the Packers as a Press-Gazette beat writer for however long he was there. Used to listen to him on one of the many Packers TV shows and was always quite underwhelmed...

Hey could be right though. I think it's more likely that a Bellichek scheme shuts down the Packer offense than a Capers scheme shutting down the Patriot offense. Now, understand, I am purely speculating. I am looking forward to this game and hope that the Pack pull it off. My boss's boss and I bet a burger and a bowl of chili on this game ... he was predicting the Pack by more than 10 ... I predicted a 4 pt loss on probably the last series as the defense caves in on that drive -- I REALLY want to be paying for his burger and chili....

D

Deleted member 6794

Unfortunately Demovsky has a valid point in the Packers not being able to stop any elite QBs since winning the Super Bowl. While it's true the defense has improved since the bye week today's game will be a huge indicator about the defense's potential.

I don't blame anyone being skeptical about the unit as of now.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw this and was so surprised by Rob's pick that I wanted to share it. Not surprised that he picked us to lose, but that he picked us to lose by three scores.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/15645/prediction-patriots-will-beat-packers

It is good that we'd score 30+, Vrill ... I'm more concerned with what sort of smoke and mirrors Capers has dreamed up for this game to contain that Patriot offense. Packers D can't do it straight up in my opinion -- so --- I don't know ... what?...little land mines strategically planted inside the Patriots red zone during commercial breaks?

Demovsky??? Just trolling for clicks in my opinion. Bending over backwards to prove that he is open-minded after covering the Packers as a Press-Gazette beat writer for however long he was there. Used to listen to him on one of the many Packers TV shows and was always quite underwhelmed...

Hey could be right though. I think it's more likely that a Bellichek scheme shuts down the Packer offense than a Capers scheme shutting down the Patriot offense. Now, understand, I am purely speculating. I am looking forward to this game and hope that the Pack pull it off. My boss's boss and I bet a burger and a bowl of chili on this game ... he was predicting the Pack by more than 10 ... I predicted a 4 pt loss on probably the last series as the defense caves in on that drive -- I REALLY want to be paying for his burger and chili....

Unfortunately Demovsky has a valid point in the Packers not being able to stop any elite QBs since winning the Super Bowl. While it's true the defense has improved since the bye week today's game will be a huge indicator about the defense's potential.

I don't blame anyone being skeptical about the unit as of now.
It is pointless to look at past games and think xyz will happen in a present or future games.
Just because it rained on say, October 15th does it mean it will always rain on October 15th every year?
Of course not! Football is like that. Unpredictable.
Every team has their day. Don't believe me? Go ask the Raiders, Bucs, Browns, Rams or any other bottom dwelling team that manages to pull of a win.
C'mon guys! Have faith in the Pack that they can do this. Especially at home where Rodgers is crazy good!

D

Deleted member 6794

It is pointless to look at past games and think xyz will happen in a present or future games.
Just because it rained on say, October 15th does it mean it will always rain on October 15th every year?
Of course not! Football is like that. Unpredictable.
Every team has their day. Don't believe me? Go ask the Raiders, Bucs, Browns, Rams or any other bottom dwelling team that manages to pull of a win.
C'mon guys! Have faith in the Pack that they can do this. Especially at home where Rodgers is crazy good!

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Packers defense. But as long as they don't prove to be able to contain an elite QB I'll remain skeptical about them as well.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course not!
Football is like that. Unpredictable.

If the same circumstances that caused it to rain are there every year, it'd be a pretty good bet that it'd rain again. If the team is facing the same circumstances that have resulted in defeat in the past, it'd be a pretty good bet that they'd lose again.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
If the same circumstances that caused it to rain are there every year, it'd be a pretty good bet that it'd rain again. If the team is facing the same circumstances that have resulted in defeat in the past, it'd be a pretty good bet that they'd lose again.

Take 100 days in which the conditions were identical or very close to the day to be predicted.

If it rained on 60% of those days, it is predicted there is a 60% chance of rain.

Makes sense to me.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really like living up to your name, don't you?
Do you ever see it as being half full?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Don't really care for Demovksy all that much. Patriots could win by three scores but guess what? Packers could too.

After we win this game the bandwagon will be "full on".

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey, FF ... I don't pretend to have a fully functioning crystal ball. I am just saying that there are tendencies that develop -- not just the players, but the coaches as well. I have tons of faith in the Packers organization, but I never allow my "faith" to turn into wishful thinking. The Packers are a very good team. The Patriots are a very good team. The X-factor could come down to game planning and more specifically, game planning on the defensive side of the ball. Bellichek, in my humble-never-played-or-coached-a-down-of-NFL-Football opinion is that Bellichek is a better defensive coach than Dom Capers.

Do I think the Patriots are head-and-shoulders above the Packers? Nope...not for a minute. We're going to find out this afternoon which team is better TODAY--on THIS date--and it will be the team that doesn't make the stupid mistake...that doesn't get the drive killing holding call...that doesn't get the spot-of-the-foul penalty...that doesn't make the mental errors on special teams - that's the team that will win today. I think the game is a toss-up personally. However, 2 of our three losses came at the hands of better than average QB's (Wilson [smart +] and Brees [all-around], our third loss came at the hands of a superior defense ON THAT DAY. Those days however are in the past--they're history and aren't worth a bucket of warm spit to us today.

I am just jerking a scenario out of the air to illustrate my opinion that the Pack could lose this game on a dumb defensive lapse. The Pack are playing Brady ... not Mark Sanchez. That's all ... So... let's go Pack. :) Give 'em the big green ******....

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
There’s obviously nothing wrong with being optimistic about the team one roots for but it is foolish to look at the slate of weekly NFL games and believe every team has a 50/50 chance of winning. And that’s essentially what you’re saying. There’s a reason some outcomes are called “upsets”.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Sundays Green Bay Press-Gazette. November 30 ,2014, in the column Press-Gazette media writers predict today's out come.

Pete Dougherty predicted the Patriots 34 Packers 28.
Pete is 9-2 predicting Packer games this season

.Weston Hodkiewicz predicted Patriots 34 Packers 28.
Weston is perfect predicting Packer games this seas0n -11-0

Ryan Wood predicted Packers 31 Patriots 30 .
Ryan is 9-2 predicting Packer games this season.

Robert Zizz0- PG Sports editor- predicted the Patriots 31 Packers 28 .
Robert is 9-2 at predicting Packer games this season .

I predicted the Packer 34- Patriots 31.
I am 8-3 predicting Packer games this season .

PWT

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of us that played football and/or hockey can think back and remember times when our teams started out slow, new players, schemes, coaches... whatever the reason. Sometimes those teams started to jell and just started to get better, more cohesiveness, better timing, communication developed between players that hadn't played together before.

I agree that the Pats can win, but I think it will be a great game and the team from Titletown pulls out a hard fought win. GPG!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes this game fairly easy to predict is that the Packers have established a solid trend of getting torched be quality quarterbacks where the games are not really all that close. Bellicheck is a way better defensive guru than Capers so I don't expect the Packers offense to keep up with the Pats. My prediction is Pats 45 Pachets 27. The Packers will score a late td. A lot of the games against elite qb's tend to go in the high 30's to the mid 40's so I think my prediction of 45 for the Pats is realistic. Don't be surprised if you only see the Pats punter holding extra pts. I would feel a lot more optimistic about this game if Peppers were playing better but when I watch him he flashes for a play or two and then totally disappears for very long stretches.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we know the Patriots won't hesitate to run up the score if they're winning. If the defense is going to get torched, let it get torched as badly as possibly and make it as embarrassing as it can possibly be. As has been stated, I don't have faith in this defense until they slow down(not necessarily stop) a top quarterback. What surprised be about Rob's pick was that it was the only one I've seen by an "expert" where the game was a blowout.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The games against the Saints and Seahawks were losses of 20 or more pts and Brady is even better than Brees or Wildon so his prediction of a 17 or loss is not unrealistic. The Packets have the same coaches and pretty much the same defense so why expect a different result.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s obviously nothing wrong with being optimistic about the team one roots for but it is foolish to look at the slate of weekly NFL games and believe every team has a 50/50 chance of winning. And that’s essentially what you’re saying. There’s a reason some outcomes are called “upsets”.
Aren't you contradicting yourself?
On the one hand you agree with upsets on the other you make it seem as if they never happen.
And every team does have a 50/50 chance of winning. Every. Single. Team. No matter who they play or the game.
Did anyone really expect the Raiders to beat the Chiefs or the Chiefs to give us our one loss in what was almost a perfect season?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The games against the Saints and Seahawks were losses of 20 or more pts and Brady is even better than Brees or Wildon so his prediction of a 17 or loss is not unrealistic. The Packets have the same coaches and pretty much the same defense so why expect a different result.

Big difference between playing in Lambeau vs. in New Orleans or Seattle. That's a big factor to ignore in your post.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't you contradicting yourself?
On the one hand you agree with upsets on the other you make it seem as if they never happen.
And every team does have a 50/50 chance of winning. Every. Single. Team. No matter who they play or the game.
Did anyone really expect the Raiders to beat the Chiefs or the Chiefs to give us our one loss in what was almost a perfect season?

I think he is trying to say while every team has a chance at winning, it's not an equal chance. For example, the Redskins are fully capable of beating the Colts today, but I would bet that the vast majority of "experts" predicted the Colts to win. That's because while the Redskins could win, it certainly isn't a 50/50 chance since the Colts are the superior team. Upsets happen, but more often than not, the team that is favored to win, wins.