Positive read for REAL Packer fans

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in case we'd forgotten - this was the ORIGINAL premise of the thread. an excellent post by Cdn & then followed up by another great post by PWT.

great stuff guys!!

Cdnfavrefan said:
Well this season is tough and all the threads are trying to figure out what's wrong but there is one positive I take from it. As much as I hate losing I always figure some losing seasons are needed to clear out the Cheesehead imposters. I don't know how things are where you are but here you can always tell who's doing well by the clothes peole wear. In the 90's everyone was a Packer fan even though most couldn't name you 3 players on the team. Now all those fans have vanished and I love that cause they're not wanted. Just today I saw a group of guys all wearing Patriot hats and could see the cycle start all over again.
Also as much as I enjoyed our SB win, I had only been a Pack fan for 7 years and don't think I truly understood the joy. At least not like those fans who backed the team through the 70's and 80's and for that I salute them. I know for a fact when(not if) we win our next title it will mean 10 times more to me cause the highs are always higher when the lows are lower. So if you're a real fan I got no problem being critical as long as you keep backing the team cause when we become great again it will be the fans who suffer now that will be the ones who truly enjoy our next high :D