1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Poppinga and Jones

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jun 2, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    540 ESPN Milwaukee

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Cmon. It's nice to think that Poppinga could be the solution, but really?

In the end, he's just going to jump in the pile after the play is dead.

I hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm not...

3. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    poppinga? really?

So where was he in 2009??

Season Team
    Tackles Interceptions Fumbles G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF 2009 Green Bay Packers 15 3 23 16 7 1.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0
    Is he talkin out of his rear? I know he was like 2nd/3rd String and you are not always directly involved in the play, but obviously something was lacking to allow a 7th Round rookie to step up ahead of Poppinga...sounds more like Poppinga is full of excuses...take a lesson from Andre Johnson..."Actions speak louder then words, so I do my talkin on the football field."

...not in your locker room, Poppinga is gone after this season unless something happens, he's lucky Jeremy Thompson had to retire

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    drug test time?

5. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Not only that but rookie Clay Matthews beat him out for the starting spot 3 games into the season. That really shows how effective Poppinga really is.....

6. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    Poppinga is a blow hole. Big talker - not much on the field.

He may be able to crack the 53-man again this year, but only because Thompson did not draft an OLB and has not yet acquired one through trade or free agency. It would not be shocking to me if TT ends up trading a lineman for an OLB during cutdown time (like the Martin for Moll trade last year) and Poppinga is the odd-man out.

He is not a good pass rusher and is limited in his ability to cover. Besides he is 30 years old and not a guy that we should be grooming for a starting role in the future. I would much rather see a younger, developmental guy in his slot.

7. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    that video is absolutely hilarious, oh man.

8. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Yeah, I think it may be time for him to find another team. He doesn't have the skillset to be the OLB we need.